Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/26 21:31:17 )

[x]

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/26 21:50:47 )
Just remember that the worst thing they can say is "no" and that even if your interview goes horribly wrong, other places won't know-- since they don't ask about your previous interviews. Once I adopted that way of thinking, It's been easier for me and I just don't get nervous.
Easier said than done though, I hope that helps! You're bound to be hired somewhere :)
Call me ping me if you wanna reach me

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/26 22:07:57 )
Honestly, I bet Brandy doesn't even remember those texts, and if she does, she's probably not holding a grudge because of them. I have pretty bad social anxiety, so I can totally relate to how you feel, stressing over some small thing you did that might have caused another person to be upset or annoyed at you... But it's almost never as bad as you think; people will usually forget and/or forgive. So stay optimistic and do your best! Good luck!
Sean, 25, they/them

Donator — Cactus Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/26 23:02:47 )
I totally get where you're coming from, being a nervous wreck about applying for jobs and whatnot. Applying for jobs is exhausting in and of itself and then interviewing and talking on the phone with them is just about as exhausting. But keep your chin up, you got this! Like Schye said, the worst that can happen is they say no, and Theory is right in saying it's almost never as bad as you think. <3 Keep trying!! You can do it!!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/27 00:12:15 )

[x]

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/27 00:23:35 )
Everyone I know who went through/ is going through is process is super nervous and stressed out. I'm convinced you're meant to have a bad time applying for jobs. >.< Hoping for all the best for you!!

Nobody has ever told me anything really good about temp agencies, except for the flexibility. But a lot of times, it's the foot in the door you need to get a real position. Makes them sound really desperate for people though, so hiring you is probably in their best interest. c:

btw your username is really cool, where did you get it?
Ping me

Donator — Cactus Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/27 01:05:15 )
@Apollo Im Burning: You're welcome, darlin. c: Depression sucks (believe me, I KNOW) but the important thing is you're getting treatment and you were a good worker at your previous jobs. So, from my view, it looks good~ Here's to hoping though!! <3
Fade on Solia/Fadeykins on Sapherna
Please PING me so I'll see your response <3
Juggy is my mule~

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/27 11:50:26 )
So is the place you're applying at a temp service?

I've used temp services (in fact, my current job is permanent but I started as a temp through a service) and they've always treated me right. They WANT you to get employment, they get money from it, so I would not be worried about bothering this woman at all. They're there to help you find something you're comfy with, and that suits you. Plus, every time I went to a new job, everyone there was SUPER nice to me, it was great. I even had one that sent me to another state on their dime for training, so that was a fun experience.

I have nothing but great things to say about temp services, honestly. The job I'm at right now is pure data entry, and it's easy enough that I can listen to audiobooks and podcasts while I work, I don't have to answer any phones, no one bothers me, and I get to dress like I would on the weekend, it's 40 hours a week, and I get weekends off. I wouldn't have gotten in without the agency I went through.

Just be honest with your agent about what you can do and are comfortable with, so they don't stick you in, say, a call center or whatever if you don't like phone work. Be open and talk frankly with the agent. They know people who do temp work will probably have spotty employment history, but they can work around that.

Anyway, good luck, and I hope it works out! Being out of work is fun for like a day, but it gets old real fast lol. And just remember that if they stick you with an assignment you hate, that it won't last forever (and if they offer you permanent work and you hate it, you can decline).

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/28 21:54:32 )

[x]

pls don't

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/29 00:54:30 )
@apollo im burning: I believe in you!

It may be some dry work but it'll at the very least help you spiffy up the resume! Some of my coworkers used to work for temp agencies and depending on which they can be quite good with very competitive pay.
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 21:39:24 )
@Schye: I know this thread is a bit old, but I just wanted to say what you posted is rather solid advice!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.