Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk I don't know if I did the right thing...

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/23 23:44:40 )
Here's a thing that just happened: I was waiting for the bus from my school and this guy walked up to me and asked me if I could buy him a ticket to the neighbouring city. He said he just came out of the hospital. He looked about middle aged, didn't have a winter jacket on, and his nails were cut a few days ago but were a little dirty. And his features fit my stereotype of what a local indigenous person looked like. I asked him if he was cold, he told me his girlfriend stole his jacket and all his pants and some other jumbled stories. It reminded me of the confused stories of some of the schizophrenia patients I worked with a few years back, AND there is a mental health problem in my town. So was this guy actually mentally ill?? He didn't Smell bad, yet. Or was his girlfriend Actually trying to do bad to him?

So I decided to buy him a ticket, clearly the guy needed help. In the process, it didn't seem like he knew how the ticket vending machines work because he was confused about which were his as there were a bunch of old receipts other people have just left. Maybe he'd just never used those machines before.

Then as we waited for the bus, he told me he didn't have anywhere to sleep so he was hoping he could find somewhere warm to stay the night. Then his bus came and he left.

Now I'm worried because he would have a much better chance finding shelter on campus than at the mall he was going to. And he's probably gonna freeze during the night. Then what if he gets lost???

And he seemed so thankful too. I shouldn't have bought him the ticket. :c Now if he dies in the night, I'll feel partially responsible... T.T

Voltie — Vampire Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/24 00:04:33 )
@eruca: You did what you could. :0
It’s not your fault. :0
My Profile Shoppe! Come Check it Out!

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/24 00:14:43 )
@Len: Thanks, that's sweet of you.

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/24 04:30:02 )
@Eruca: Well, I was thinking drug addict because I have been there before but I only know what I have just read and you were there, so you are probably right. Idk.
To be fair, I tried to run away from my ex when she was abusing me when I was sick. Maybe you really did help him. I don't know. I can't say.
He probably found some place to sleep. I was homeless for a while and there are ways to survive in the cold.

Either way, you did what you thought at the time was helpful to him and you don't know his whole story, so it's not on you if you somehow didn't help him. Try not to worry.

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/24 17:53:59 )
@Shamrock Shamus: Yeah maybe drug addict. But wouldn't he want cash instead? I guess you'd still have other needs...
Where Can you go to sleep if you're homeless and it's below 0 overnight?
Ping me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.