Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What's your scariest experience?

Donator — Trash Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/22 23:55:02 )
I love listening to horror accounts on Youtube while I'm working. Figured I'd ask you guys for your scary memories.

Preferably real life accounts, not dreams. Also try to include a TL;DR at the end if you think your story is a little long.

Here's my own to get us started:

Back in the day, I fabricated an entirely new persona to talk to people online. Online weirdos can't stalk a person that isn't real, after all. I changed everything about myself- age, location, gender, etc. In life, I was a 13 year old girl. On the internet, I was Aaron, a 14 year old boy from Tennessee. Committed to it 100% or else people would get suspicious.

Buuuuttt I was still a dumbass kid with unsupervised access to the internet. I ended up making some friends and giving out my IM account and phone number (still pretending to be this made-up identity). I was up until about 2 AM one night, goofing off and chatting on the phone to one of my buddies, when I got a call from an unknown number. Put my buddy on hold to answer.

It was this really, really deep and breathy male voice. At first he was just breathing into the phone and making loud gulping sounds, but then he asked, "Is this Aaron?" I quickly replied, "No." and hung up. I can't remember if he called back, but I was thoroughly freaked out to the point where I began withdrawing from my online persona and going dark for a few years.

TL;DR: I pretended to be someone else on the internet and some creep I didn't know called me and asked for me by my fake name.

So there. My creepiest memory. What's yours?

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/23 03:46:51 )
Not creepy but my girlfriend almost died in an accident in front of me.
Janna went to drop Cian off at school. She said she was tired but I was busy with Diana and Noel, so she just went anyway. So, I finish up what I'm doing with the kids, feeding them breakfast yada yada. I was about to do the dishes. I was filling up the sink and I saw Janna speed by very fast and she didn't stop. She went and hit the neighbors car and smashed into a tree. I put on my shoes and rushed outside. She was unconscious at the wheel, the windshield was shattered and she was bleeding profusely from the head. The neighbor next door and the lady across the street both rushed outside. I said someone needed to call 911. In this time, Janna woke up and was like, "I'm fine, I'm fine!" and she tried to get out of the car. Troy (my daughter's boyfriend) and Gareth came outside. The lady next door, let's call her E, called 911. The lady across the street, M, was talking to Janna, trying to keep her calm and I was trying to keep her in the car....until...it caught on fire. Troy and I pulled her out of the car and Gareth ran inside to get the fire extinguisher. M also ran to get hers. Someone from a few houses down, let's call him B, came out with his and the three were trying to get it out. It got worse, so Troy and I dragged Janna away from the car in case it became totally engulfed. Police got there first, they had extinguishers in their cruisers and started to help contain the fire. Gareth's extinguisher ran out and he sat next to Janna and told her to keep breathing deeply and to stay calm. Then the fire department got here. Usually the fire department is trained in emergency health services such as being a paramedic and while the other firefighters started working on the car, one of them came over and started to work on Janna. EMS got here and Janna complained that her leg hurt but couldn't move it, her neck hurt and it was obvious she needed to have stitches on her forehead.

From what Janna said, she doesn't remember it. She said that she remembers coming up the street but she doesn't remember anything from about two houses down. The police took records blah blah blah. I was so worried about Janna. And, just, all the blood on her face was horrifying. I'll admit, I'm a wimp with blood and I gagged several times and had to look away at some points to contain my gagging.

I waited in the ER waiting room for three hours just to see her. They had to take her into surgery. She was told that she had broken her leg in multiple places, her knee was screwed up, she had a broken rib, which punctured and collapsed her lung, she broke a vertebrae in her neck and obviously she had laceration wounds on her head.

She's doing better now. She is able to walk now but not for too long because it's incredibly painful for her. But her leg is the only thing that still isn't healed. Her neck still hurts but not too terribly.

TL;DR: Girlfriend passed out behind the wheel when she was about to pull in the driveway and crashed so bad that she's lucky she's here.

Another thing, my late wife died. She died when we were cuddling...it was intensely creepy to realize that I was cuddling her dead body...

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/23 09:41:43 )
I get threatened on a weekly basis by crackheads where I work if that counts for something.
The part of the city where I work is practically a dumping ground for people who are deemed undesirable.
Might come off as rude but eh, most of these people do it to themselves. :P
Call me ping me if you wanna reach me

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/23 10:02:10 )
Was heading off on holiday with my grandparents, my brother, nana and I in one car, my mum and grandad in a second car with all our gear. My nanas car was fairly new so it still had snow tires on (which arent compatible with our roads), although my nana had gotten two changed before the trip. We were driving along this coastal road, driven over it literally hundreds of times. It was misty so the roads were a little wet, and we hit the white lines on the outer side of the road and spun out. We spun around a few times and went over the edge of the road and down a bank that was close to being vertical, like -> /
the only reason we stopped before we went off a cliff was thanks to a small but stubborn tree. i love that little tree.

and then less than a month later my nana pulled out of a road and didnt realize how fast this truck was going (it was speeding like a mofo) and it tried to push us off the road and into oncoming traffic, and the back trailer wheels ended up on top of my door, so that was another fun day.
Just your friendly neighbourhood Goddess.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/23 11:07:52 )

The scariest for me was almost a year ago now. I had the stomach flu, but, when that was over, I kept getting stomach pains. Especially during the night. I didn't think much of it and just went on. I was taking care of my mother, who had lung cancer and was going through chemo again.
One day, I went to the supermarket and bend over to get something. Suddenly, I had a lot of pain. I can handle a lot (read: shoulder dislocated for a weekend, easy. Broken heel: easy), but not that. I was rushed over to the hospital and examined a lot. Also got a lot of morphine and had to get that every 15 minutes.
At some point, they still didn't know what was wrong, they decided to make a scan. When I got back, the doctor was waiting for me in the hall, with a concerned look on his face and didn't want to say what was wrong until we got back in the room.
When I was back in my room, there was a complete medical team waiting. There they said my stomach had split open and all the stomach acids were through my belly (just so you know, stomach acids can dissolve everything). I had to get an emergency operation and the strongest antibiotics after.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.