Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Depression / Anxiety

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 09:55:40 )
Sorry for not responding to you guys individually, or sooner. I plan on compiling some of your helpful tips and adding them to the original post.

On another note, I've been having a super tough week...

It just seems like I can't even deal with the smallest amount of stress lately. Yesterday I had trouble formatting a paper for one of my classes, it was something really small and dumb but I ended up getting so upset- I cried for nearly an hour. I felt so defeated and stupid. I felt like I didnt have any business trying to go back to school.

Also, lately its been really hard to find any motivation to do, literally anything. I'm so tired of feeling like a broken human being who can barely function. I realize I should eat better. I realize I should get a shower and change my clothes. I realize I should try to go to sleep sooner and wake up earlier. I realize if I want to feel better about my body I should maybe actually workout. I know I should probably stop drinking soda. (Or atleast as much as I do.)

But I. Just. Have. No. Energy. Ever... and I end up not doing anything to better myself...

I feel like maybe its time to make an apt. and see someone. But I don't exactly know what to say if I do go... Or if seeing anyone will even help. I feel like nothing anyone else does is going to change things because I am the one standing im my own way. I am the one who's done this to myself. But maybe it could help....

I'm sorry for rambling tonight. There's so many other things I should be doing than just sitting around and complaining right now. :/

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 19:15:04 )
this may have already been mentioned, so sorry if this is redundant. while i know it's faulty to say that exercise and eating right will cure depression and anxiety, i know it has helped me tremendously in the way i perceive myself and the world; it really did make a world of a difference when i became physically active and healthy (or healthier). nowadays i find myself experiencing genuine happiness more often than not, and i finally have the energy and motivation to get out of bed, whereas i would sleep an absurd number of hours before due to fatigue and lacking the drive to do anything at all. besides making the body more physically fit, exercising releases endorphins, which triggers a "happy" feeling. i really do prescribe to the notion that healthy body makes for a healthy mind, and those two seem to come together when i work out (which gives me the motivation to eat better).

additionally, i'd say take the time for yourself, but also be around others you cherish and care about. simply talking to close friends makes me feel so much more at ease. even go a bit old-school. with a pen and paper, write some letters to your friends about your thoughts, feelings, and appreciation for them, even if you never plan on sending those letters. imo, it's incredibly therapeutic and it helps me realize how much i care for these people. it helps me appreciate this life a little more.

Voltie — She/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 02:02:57 )
I talk to people online, go for long walks, play video games, cuddle my cats and listen to music..... if i start to get super anxious and i cant get away from the situation, counting down from 10 while breathing deeply usually help me. I also use aromatherapy to help me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.