Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat So irritating

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/20 22:13:42 )
I hate when I tell people that I am color blind and people pick up an object and are like, "What color is this?"
I have Tritanopia, a rare color vision deficiency caused by a genetic mutation in which I was born without S Cones . I can't see yellow or any colors made using yellow such as green and orange.
I can clearly see that the object you are holding is Red.
It's irritating. Lmao don't.

Disclaimer: I do use these colors in avatars and art. When I do, I usually get help creating them from friends as well as I have a tool online designed to help color vision impaired people create digital art.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/20 22:42:32 )

I can't see the differences in red shades. I have to hold the 2 colours next to each other to see the difference.
Same goes for light colours.

Between the 2 of us, orange is screwed. I'm fine with that, tbh.

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/20 23:51:09 )
@Tuijp: Is it just red? I wonder if you have some sort of color vision deficiency thing going on.

Lmao take that Orange!

Instead of seeing the colors how everyone else does, I see them as other colors but like...really bland I am not sure how to describe it.

Donator — Trash Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/21 01:20:01 )
Have you ever wanted to try those color correction glasses for colorblind people? I'm not sure how much they go for, but the videos of people trying them for the first time are really fascinating.

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/21 01:26:12 )
@Sasha: Tbh I thought of it. Idk how much they cost either. I am also not sure if they are solely for the more common color blindness (ie types like red green, since different cones are effected than mine) and would not work for my type or if the type doesn't matter.

Donator — Trash Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/21 01:36:20 )
@Shamrock Shamus: I did a quick search. The glasses for adults (assuming you're an adult) is about $350. Not too bad, but a pretty penny. Then I looked up to see if it would work for tritanopia, since most of the selling points for them mention red-green color blindness.

Here's a link to the test results they have on people with tritan. TL;DR: It's not aimed at tritan, so it's not terribly effective. They do say if you want to give it a try, buy them, and they don't work, you can return them for a full refund.

It would be awesome if they did work and those irritating people ask you "Derrr can you see this?? *holds up orange*" then you can say "Hang on, let me put on my glasses... yeah, it looks like fuck you."

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/21 01:55:40 )
@Sasha: Im physically 38 but mentally 12. Lmao.

I couldn't find a definitive answer when I Googled it. Psht. Gramps has to step up his game, huh? Lol.

I can barely afford bills and shit rn, so it's not a possibility atm. Good to know the price though, so I have a range to figure out things.

Lmao, that sounds like a thing I would say.

Thank you. : )

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/21 11:03:05 )

@Shamrock Shamus: yeah it's just with red shades. Totally the same shade for me, until I hold them close to each other.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/22 10:16:22 )
Those color correcting glasses have a 50/50 chance of working. Is it worth? Maybe.
Call me ping me if you wanna reach me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.