Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Pork Tenderloin Recipe?

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 21:39:04 )
Long-shot but I figured it couldn't hurt. I want to cook this today but I realised I don't have any rosemary or thyme, does anyone have any recipes or suggestions? Oven preferred, I don't have a slowcooker out here either and I'm starting to get hongry.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 21:42:22 )
What spices do you have? There are quite a few that go with pork tenderloin and if all else fails and you like/have bbq sauce that's always tasty on pork...especially with some pineapple.

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 22:12:36 )
Oregano, basil, garlic powder, garlic salt, sea salt, cayenne pepper, chili powder, bay leaves, pepper, tumeric, crushed red pepper, and chinese 5-spice. I know, it's not a lot of variety.

I also have olive oil, butter, minced garlic, onion, and green onion

bbq would be pretty good too, I have a really good sauce recipe a friend gave to me... oh god I wish I had pineapple now

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 22:20:52 )
Can't go wrong with the bbq sauce idea or with using some of the more Italian spices. I always play around with stuff when I don't know what I want exactly flavor wise. I mean you would could stick with the basics of salt and pepper, maybe some chili powder or cayanne pepper for spice and a little garlic powder for a give it some extra depth.

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 22:27:45 )
Alright that actually gives me a lot to work with, thank you for the advice I really appreciate it! I was completely lost what to do with this. I'm going to go get this prepped now
later.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 22:42:41 )
Glad to help. I'm a big fan of just trying to play and find new flavor combos for stuff. That way it never gets boring, but sometimes you can run into some odd combos. I recommend maybe mixing spices and kind of tasting them together before fully spicing anything.
Quest Link
Please Mention. I tend to poof and need reminding.
44.1/50k

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.