Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Guess who's card info got stolen B)

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/12 02:26:13 )
It didn't bother me much yesterday and it was more annoying than anything because it was like, ok fine, I have a buddy and I can write him a check for some cash until my new card comes in......

but i have so many things linked to my old card now oh GODDD

(i only lost $100 and it should be easily restored by my bank since i can prove it was fraud)

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/12 02:48:41 )
Aw man! Sorry to hear that @Addy! Good thing you didn't lose that much money. But all the hassles that comes with replacing your old card is just Blegh. :( It's definitely something that's stopping me from changing credit cards.
Hope everything gets fixed without a hitch.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/13 02:47:09 )
@eruca: They got $100 (they apparently tried $600, $500, $400, etc all the way down until what I ACTUALLY had in my account lmao), but Mastercard will replace it. I just faxed the paperwork a bit ago!

The old card hassle is still hitting me and hoo boy I'm not excited, lmao :(

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/13 02:51:26 )
@Addy: :vanora_unamused: Banks should have some kind of algorithm for detecting this kind of thing so they don't dispense money. Presumably, you know how much money is in your account. Well... One might not.;;;
I'm not excited for you either.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/13 03:07:53 )
@eruca: SERIOUSLY when i called to talk to them they were like

oh yeah they tried this amount, then this, then this .. like, i know my daily limit is 500, that should've been enough to flag it -_-

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/13 03:52:34 )

That really sucks. :(

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/13 03:58:48 )
Oh man, that sucks.
I've actually been there. Thankfully, in my case, all the attempted purchases had been flagged and the transactions hadn't been allowed to go through, so my money was just basically put on hold until the bank could call the companies with me there to verify that I hadn't made the purchases.

Hopefully your situation gets dealt with and solved quickly because this kind of thing can really suck.

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/13 04:01:55 )
@Addy: I have a friend who works at a bank. She will tell you all the stories about people's financial failures.
Pretty sure we have the technology to get an AI to learn what your regular money moving pattern is and detect abnormalities. So somebody who routinely forgets their limits will be allowed to try multiple times and organized people like us don't have to worry about fraud. Honestly, why isn't this a thing? They already call me when I use my credit card abroad so they're monitoring my every move anyway. :\
Ping me

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/13 20:35:52 )
Oh nooo. D: I hope you got all that squared away!

At least now you can keep track of all the places where your credit card is linked to? xd
Waiting for more pretty long hairs~ ' u '

Questing :: Alice

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/15 00:12:22 )
I BOUGHT MY GROCERIES WITH A CHECK TODAY, THIS IS MISERY LMAO

Thank you guys ;w; I'll be ok and all the money I lost has already been restored, so <3 I have a PayPal debit card on the way and then my for-reals bank card coming in soon too!

the hardest thing is going to be remembering to update all my payment junk lmao, "oh, why isn't Netflix working?"
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.