Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities [Charity] The Quiet Corner

Voltie — Vladdaddy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 21:42:08 )
@vengeance: That is super neat, too. Do the Netherlands do a lot of volunteerism as a whole or is it more just certain people? I feel like America is more just a certain group of people like to help out while I feel other countries have a lot more community involvement (and that is just a baseless assumption, ahaha).
@Turtle Sensei: Hey, how's it going! I'm doing well.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 21:47:31 )

@Nebulae: we have quite some volunteerism. But it could be more if we didn't have a 40 hour work week. You need to work that amount to make a decent living. So that makes it hard for lots of people to do volunteer work.

Voltie — Vladdaddy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 21:49:26 )
@vengeance: Ah, yeah, sadly in America-- for most people-- we should be working at least 50-60 hours to live comfortable. Based on minimum wage, anyway.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 21:55:33 )

@Nebulae: Yeh I know most people also need 2 jobs over there. Our minimum wages are alright. You won't earn a huge amount but you also aren't poor if you work fulltime.

Voltie — Vladdaddy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 22:01:57 )
@vengeance: I know too many people who actually work three jobs. I myself have worked two jobs while also going to college (so essentially 3). It's not easy and after a while it's not worth it. We really need to get a better minimum wage or something. >W< But I'm glad to hear you guys can live fairly well on a normal 40 hour work week!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 22:12:05 )

@Nebulae: You guys need to. But all I hear is "but then things get more expensive" from people who have no money problems.

Voltie — Vladdaddy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 22:20:18 )
@vengeance: Lmao, yeah, pretty much. To be fair though, usually when we raise minimum wage, other prices go up, too, including food. Since business have to pay out more for workers, they have to raise their prices to compete. So unless you are a super giant like Walmart or something, you can't afford to raise your rates while keeping your prices fair. It's a catch 22 most often.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 22:23:17 )

@Nebulae: But do the big players even raise their wages? I feel like they also squeez out their workers.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 22:27:03 )

Urrg there is one thread on voltra that needs 1 more reply. After that I can reply and win a prize. But it's stuck for 30 minutes now. I am selfish.

Donator — Turtley Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 22:27:28 )
@vengeance: about the same. I was up late with a Crohn's Disease flare up.

Donator — Turtley Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 22:27:48 )
vengeance:

Urrg there is one thread on voltra that needs 1 more reply. After that I can reply and win a prize. But it's stuck for 30 minutes now. I am selfish.

link me to it hun.
:plasma-orb: PLEASE ALWAYS PING ME! I'M OFTEN STONED AND FORGETFUL! :plasma-orb:

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 22:30:00 )

@Turtle Sensei: You are to sweet But someone just posted so yes :D

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 22:33:36 )

Time to go to bed guys. Bye bye

Voltie — Vladdaddy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 23:43:57 )
@vengeance: ahh, glad you got to it! Have a good night.
Adieu mon homme... Où tu vas, il fait trop froid

Donator — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/10 00:45:57 )

@Nebulae: did you know you have a thread!?
Because I did not... :vanora_sweat:
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/10 01:38:15 )

'sleepy blink' whoa pretty.

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/10 16:05:23 )
&hearts; &bull; &hearts; &bull; &hearts;
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Nebulae: What a nice charity! ♥

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/10 16:09:10 )

Ello there guys XD

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/10 17:00:38 )
&hearts; &bull; &hearts; &bull; &hearts;

Hello vengeance! ^^ how are you?

Questing: click here!

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/10 17:37:19 )

@Nebulae: what we also have in The Netherlands:
Giethoorn

Volendam:

And oliebollen:

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.