Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Hello and Good bye for now

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 00:01:39 )
I only popped in for a little bit, but I only wanted to say hi.

I'm probably not going to be returning to the site after this post. Its not that the site isn't bad, I really love what lore has came out as well as the staff, but sadly, that isn't enough for me to stay. I'm leaving the site for the following reasons, but I promise it really isn't anything bad.

- I'm not as active when the site first launched. I've tried to be active, but every time when I'm online and I post, the friends that I've made are not online, so I really don't have anyone to talk to. Plus when I do happen to make a post, here or anywhere on the site, I really don't have many people talking to me. I used to check once a day, now I don't. It just seemed to be too much of a chore to do now.

- Sharing a computer with my boyfriend happens to be part of it. When I get on the computer, I usually go straight to Warframe since it is my only chance to play. If it isn't Warframe, its usually a different game, watching anime, or doing some personal art work. I'm probably going to be getting the computer a whole lot more now since my boyfriend will be going back to work soon, but I'll have to surrender it once he gets home. Mostly so he can de-stress.

- Part of it is the community. I see at least 20 people if not less online, but y'all are probably busy posting in your hangouts to notice someone else is online and made a new post. My hangout is basically dead, and I don't really get many new people in there to talk, but now it really doesn't mater. Or at least to me it doesn't.

- The site isn't lurker friendly.... Yet... I mostly lurk, and I will post on rare occasion. But the site isn't active enough on a user base to be lurker friendly yet. Personally, I'm just not gonna sit here and wait for a reply on a topic for a few hours. Plus the most that people post in is their hangouts.

I'm probably going to be coming back to the site later on, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm mostly active on discord, so if anyone has made friends with me, that is the best place to contact me. If you know me on Gaia, I'm probably going to be more active on that site and reopen one of my pixel shops there. There really isn't any point on trying to get me to change my mind on quiting this site, mostly because I've made some pretty fair points and I've also made up my mind.

I'm sorry.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 00:01:48 )
Mostly since I know I talked to you two last... I think...

@Yuracye: I'm gonna be reopening my pixel art shop on Gaia if you are still wanting to get a pixel art. I wouldn't mind doing another art trade with you too. But please take your time on your personal work. :)

@Unicorn: I wish you luck with your charity. I'd post more in it, but I'm really not active. I'm sorry.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 00:13:42 )
@Queen Prisma: well if you do ever come back please pop on by and chat and thank you for the good luck I'll chat with you on discord in a bit

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 00:16:17 )
@Unicorn: Can do, I'll reply as soon as I can. Gonna go back to gaming now.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 00:29:48 )
@Queen Prisma: ok and thank you have fun gaming, I'll always be here.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 00:46:49 )
@Queen Prisma: Tbh, your first and third reasons are kind the same for me. I pop in occasionally, but it just feels like posting is pointless, so I just don't bother unless there's some ping to reply to. Which is never.
It's kind of sad that you're planning to leave for good, but I can understand why.

Donator — SENPAI Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 01:16:21 )
@queen prisma: AHH I'm SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN ACTIVE TOO MUCH LATELY.
TT A TT!!
I'll definitely be stalking you on gaia though- so no worries! >:3c

TH | dA

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 01:23:27 )
@Queen Prisma: May I ask why you don't just go visit a hangout where people are posting if noones in yours?
Just your friendly neighbourhood Goddess.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 02:14:32 )
@nyx: I can't speak for Queen Prisma, but in my experience, it can be hard to just jump into any hangout for a few reasons.
-- If the hangout has a specific theme, even if the theme isn't the only thing you can talk about, it's hard because you don't necessarily have anything to talk about
--If a thread is already active or very clearly has 1 or more regulars it can be intimidating to join because they are/seem to be close friends having good conversations and you feel like an intruder.
--Active threads don't always mean friendly or inclusive threads and it's very easy to be ignored.

Just for a few examples.

Donator — nyan? Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 02:42:33 )
neko says;
To be honest, I feel the same way too. I've even made my own hangout and people won't post in it. I've made no enemies on the site and I try to be friendly with everyone.
The site is a little clique-y. Reminds me of Ernya. :(

sell me rigs please♥

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 02:47:11 )
@Kaderin Triste: I only go so far, but I feel the same way, I either have to ping a person, and that don't always work or I stay in my own threads and post but all I talk to are welcome, it is hard to post sometimes and I know I get ignored sometimes but I don't try to ignore and I don't always get my pings.

@Neko: I know what you mean there two. But like I said up above. All are welcome.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 02:55:10 )
It's funny, I remember Ernya as actually being a great place. But based on what I've pieced together, I kind of was on a long hiatus (due to no internet) during their cliques and drama phase.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 03:09:37 )
@Kaderin Triste: I'll eventually come back, but it might not be for a good long while. But at least I'm not the only one that has had this problem. And you actually got the third reason right. I've posted in at least two popular threads, one before the black out and one after the black out. No one responded to me.

@Yuracye: Yay! I finally have a stalker. xD And all good, lets stalk eachother. Send me a friend request when ever you get the chance.

@nyx: Basically what Kaderin said. And I have, each time I posted, I was ignored. Plus I find it really incontinent if someone who is talking to me doesn't ping me. Most people don't ping when it comes to chatting in hangout threads.

@Neko: I agree with you on this. This site is pretty clique-y.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 03:31:49 )
Well, I'm still new here so we've never really chatted. Sorry to see you go, but I understand! If you ever come back, please feel free to find me. I enjoy talking to everyone who may want to talk to me.
ouo

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 05:28:51 )
@Queen Prisma: Just for future reference, whenever you pop in, you're always welcome to chat in Granny's and my craft hangout. (Arts and crafts experience not required.) Or my quest thread even. They're both pretty quiet all the time, but I wouldn't ignore you even if they were active.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 05:57:49 )

@Queen Prisma: Pretty sure we've talked a few times but not enough for me to really get to know you, still sad to see you go though. You have a lot of reasons for leaving and some of which I understand.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 07:02:37 )
@Queen Prisma: Sad to see you go, I really liked your pixel shop. But yeah its understandable. Sorry I am never online when you are. I usually just chat with people on similar timezones as me or night owls because that's when I am awake. I guess thats sortof a clique? More stemming from necessity than anything. The userbase is really quite tiny and most of you are from America :vanora_xd:

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 16:39:31 )
@Sockies: Thank you, and welcome to Voltra though. :) I'm sure you will enjoy this place. I know a lot of old regs haven't came back since the black out. But if they come back, I hope you get to talk with them.

@Kaderin Triste: I'll make sure to keep that in mind. :)

@Saeyra: Yeah, that is the one thing that really sucks about time zones. xD Well, if I do end up coming back, you'll see my shop back open eventually. Might take some time though.

@Elithiya: I'm gonna try to be some what active in the discord, but I probably won't. But most people tend to stay in the popular threads so it can be pretty hard to come with a conversation topic. I did consider applying to be one of the pixel artist on here, but I decided not to. I'm still pretty green to it and bigger bases can be a bit hard to work with.
Please ping me to get my attention

Pixel art by me
Click here for my twitter and other things.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 16:43:25 )
@Queen Prisma: Well I hope you return when there are more people around for you to chat with :vanora_smile: It was nice meeting you.

Always ping me please.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 17:31:13 )

@Queen Prisma: Sorry to see you go, even though we never chatted much. I will chat with anyone and everyone if given the chance. lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.