Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Newbie Reporting In!!

Donator — Turtley Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 07:24:50 )
Hi there! I'm Turtle Sensei, you may know me from various other avatar based forum sites. If you know me on another site, please say HI!

A bit about me...

I'm 32, married, no kids, female.
I have 2 cats. A 4 year old Orange Tabby named Bonito aka Boney Toes, and a 12+ Lynx Point Siamese named Tiamaat aka Tia.
I adore turtles. I happen to have 3 turtle plushies hanging out in my living room with me right now. I'm even using one as a laptop tray lol.

I work part time, I just recently got approved for disability benefits. I have Crohn's Disease and Asperger's. I've had 5 surgeries in the last 4 years for my Crohn's.

I love to draw, knit, write, color, and do just about anything crafty. You can find me on Instagram as @TheRealTurtleSensei

Want to know more stuff about me? Please ask!!

Also, would anyone here be interested in me opening up an art shop?

this is a sample of my art:

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 08:08:21 )
Welcome to Voltra! I think you should definitely open an art shop. I know lots of people around here willing to spend on art. I think you would also find alot of people with similar interests as you. Volties can be real crafty sometimes. Nice meeting you Turtle! Say hi to your cats for me.

Always ping me please.

Donator — Turtley Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 14:28:31 )
@Saeyra: Thanks for the warm welcome! Is there an art forum area for pricing help?

@Cookie: haha probably. I have been on most of them. Nice to see one I didn't know about!

@Q t e a p o n: ooh hey! i do know you! how have you been? i found this site actually from a thread comment that Dawn Painters over on Caedon made!

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 14:54:59 )

@Turtle Sensei: oh someone similar to me! I'm also 32, on disability, but I only had 2 operations.
Welcome to Voltra!

Donator — Turtley Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 15:00:46 )
@Tuijp: Hey! Always nice to meet someone my age! May I ask what you're on Disability for? If you'd rather not share, I understand! I just got a[[roved after fighting for 6+ years. They approved back about 5 years. I actually just woke up yesterday to my husband excited about me getting my backpay lol. We put it in savings and I got a new laptop and we got an Xbox 1. We can also now afford our glasses. We'veboth had the same prescription for 4 years and desperately need a new pair.

I'm currently still working, but not sure how long I can continue that, I work about 20 hours a week.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 15:05:08 )

@Turtle Sensei: I have Marfan syndrome and ADD. I got part disability back in 2011 (70-85%), but got approved for the full thing just last month. There finally was a doctor who did his homework and read up about it all.
I also probably need better glasses soon, but I will need a full eye examination for it first. I'm seeing too many doctors as it is, so I'll keep these glasses for a bit longer.

Donator — Turtley Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 15:24:36 )
@Tuijp: yeah I finally found a doctor who was willing to fight for me too.But when I was approved, my state covered insurance got turned off because i was now eligible for Medicare, so I've been off of my medications for about 2 months waiting for hte Medicare to kick in. Haven't been doing so well. Im trying to get everything re-prescribed now. Takes a lot of work. And I got full approval, but Im allowed to work as long as I make under $1,700 a month and I only work 30 or less hours. I am set up at work for 20, but sometimes I'll barely make that in a week, and other weeks, when I feel better, I can make about 25-28 hours.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 16:08:17 )

@Turtle Sensei: officially, I'm also allowed to work, but I was a full time caregiver for my mother until recently. It's good to be able to finally do things for myself and have some rest.
I hope you'll get your meds again soon.

Donator — Turtley Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 16:31:03 )
@Tuijp: oh that's so neat you were a caregiver for her! my husband does some of that for me as well as works full time. We're excited he'll be able to cut his hours down to something more manageable. He has Fibromyalgia.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 16:42:13 )

@Turtle Sensei: that is also a messed up disease. Doesn't he get disability?

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 17:25:57 )

@Turtle Sensei: Hey, nice of you to join us! We welcome all newcomers. haha

Donator — Turtley Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 19:47:57 )
@Q t e a p o n: I'm always game for a new avi site. And the avatars are so cute.

@Tuijp: Not yet unfortunately. He's got OsteoAthritis developing from it, we've been debating whether or not to file for disability for him. He enjoys his job though. He's a pizza delivery guy for Pizza Hut.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 19:50:37 )

@Turtle Sensei: he can still bring me pizzas when he has disability, but it will also save a lot of trouble when he, later on, can't do it anymore.

Donator — Turtley Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 19:50:57 )
@Totalanimefan: hello! thanks for the warm welcome! now to find someone to make me a spiffy post art stuff.

Donator — Turtley Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 19:51:52 )
@Tuijp: lol yeah. It's something we're considering. he's cutting his hours down to part time this month and we'll see how that goes for him. we both want to continue working at least part time if we're able

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 19:55:56 )
@Turtle Sensei: Welcome ^^ nice to meet you.
I glad your getting accepted onto disability it was hard for me to do with my Crohn's but it finally happened, if you ever need anyone to talk to about it with I'm here and wouldn't mind I don't have many people to talk to about it.

Donator — Turtley Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 20:06:09 )
@Asha: A fellow Chronie? Hi! Always nice to meet a fellow bathroom buddy. lol. How old were you when you were diagnosed? I was 22, but I was getting sick about 4 years before that with the doctors stumped as to what it was.

also, to everyone, I'll be opening an Art Shop here shortly. Anyone wanting a ping to it let me know! Or just, ya know, keep an eye out.
:plasma-orb: PLEASE ALWAYS PING ME! I'M OFTEN STONED AND FORGETFUL! :plasma-orb:

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 20:12:56 )
@Turtle Sensei: I first got sick when I was 12, I was diagnosed right before my 2nd surgery at 18, I was the same way the doctors didn't know what was wrong with me until they did my first surgery then they found out but my doctor still didn't want to believe that it was Crohn's because it never showed up on any of the test he would run.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 20:14:36 )

@Turtle Sensei: and all the power to you, but also keep an eye on the future. We both know how fast things can change and not always for the better.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 20:32:14 )

@Turtle Sensei: Go and find them lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.