Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Heartless Winter - Inuyasha

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 02:20:55 )
Inspired by a fanfic I read, and totally fell in love with!

Inuyasha is a lonely half demon prince, living out in the mountains where it never stops snowing. The lands had been cursed by a never ending winter for nearly fifty years. The reclusive prince needed to find love before it was too late.

...but who could ever love a half demon?

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 03:05:22 )
You can die anytime...

Kagome was hard at work one afternoon, tending to her usual duties as a priestess in training. She was getting used to doing these things when she learned she would be given as a tribute to the half-demon prince so the village could continue being protected. She let out a soft sigh. She wasn't too happy about this, but there was nothing she could do but go along with it.

but living takes true courage.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 03:14:42 )
No one really knew what the half demon prince looked like, or who he was really since he never left the castle. There were some terrible rumors though that the villagers had formed. Kaedae had been training Kagome to be a priestess since she was young child, so hearing that she would be the tribute offered to the Prince was a bit hard to swallow. It was set though.. So she did her best to prepare her. It would be a long trip and the servants would be there come morning to collect her.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 03:16:34 )
You can die anytime...

Kagome looked at Kaedae sadly,"I wish I didn't have to do this." She said softly"This village... you and these people are all I've ever known.... I don't know if I can do this without tears." Kagome didn't know what else to say or do as she did what she could to prepare.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 03:33:11 )

Kaedae gave her a hug and held her gently. "It'll be alright Kagome.. Despite the rumors, the Prince might not be as heartless and terrible as others speak of. I know you looking for love, but maybe you'll come to like living at the castle. Just remember your manners." She spoke calmly to the young priestess in training. "I will miss you dearly my child.." She said, knowing it was getting late and supper was nearly done. Morning would come and she'd be taken away from the village.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 03:36:00 )
You can die anytime...

Kagome nodded, doing her best not to cry, although a few tears fell. She went up to her little room, not in the mood for anything to eat. She wished she could get out of it somehow. She didn't want to leave Kaedae alone like this, but it seemed she had no choice in the matter. She packed her few belongings and curled up onto her sleeping mat, wanting to try to rest a little before having to leave in the morning.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 04:52:33 )

Kaedae did her best to comfort Kagome but she knew how hard this must be on the young girl. She ate a small bit of the stew she prepared before going to sleep as well.

Morning came and Kaedae was up before he sun, waiting for the coach to arrive. She knew the servants wouldn't come until at least the sun rose. So, she tried attending to the easier chores that she could manage.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 04:59:20 )
You can die anytime...

Kagome got up early as well, helping Kaeade with what she could. When they had stopped for a few moments, Kagome hugged her gently, unable to hold back her tears any longer. Why her? Why did it have to be her? There were other village girls who would have loved to live with a prince in a fancy castle. So why couldn't it have been one of them?

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 01:50:07 )
Kaedae paused as the young girl hugged the elderly woman. She gently wrapped her arms around Kagome and hugged her, lightly rubbing her back as she cried. "Come now.. It'll be alright Kagome.." She cooed softly.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 01:58:12 )
You can die anytime...

"No it wont." Kagome murmured quietly,"It will never be okay. I'll never understand why I have to do this...there's other girls here in the village. Some of them would rather go. I just wish it didn't have to be me." She hated sounding so selfish but she just couldn't help it.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 03:27:28 )

Kaedae sighed softly and rubbed her arm gently. "I know.. They say it's a random draw, there was no telling who could've gotten picked to go." She explained quietly, trying her best to coo the girl.

Soon, the carriage arrived being driven by a couple of tan young men wearing pieces of dark battle armor and pointed ears came to the village. It was time. One of them short silver hair, he got out of the carriage, asking for the tribute to come forward.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 04:43:57 )
You can die anytime...

Kagome gave Kaeade one last big hug, not wanting to let go. she took a deep breath and came forward, even though she really just wanted to run away. If it was going to be bad, she would figure out a way to escape. She couldn't help but be afraid. She didn't know what was going to happen to her. Heck, for all she knew she could end up dead. She knew she was probably overimagining things but it was still a scary thought.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/15 01:59:58 )
The boys glanced at her, and the passenger helped her up into the back of the carriage. Once she was seated, he sat down near her and knocked on the wooden bench where his brother sat, to let him know they were ready. "I'm Ginta, and my brother, Hakkaku is the driver." The male introduced himself, and his brother as they traveled through the woods to reach the castle. Ginta soon picked up a blanket and handed it to the young woman. "Here, it'll be getting cold soon.. You can wrap up in that." He said calmly. Their prince was waiting at the castle, and they needed to make sure she was at least..content.. "Are you hungry?" Ginta asked, glancing at her. "We don't really have a lot.. but I'm sure I can find something." Yes, he was babbling a bit due to being nervous.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/15 02:05:08 )
You can die anytime...

Kagome shook her head quietly, wrapping up in the blanket,"I'm alright." She said quietly,"Thank you for offering though. That's really kind of you." She was thankful the young man with her and the brother driving seemed to be nice. She was starting to feel a little better, but she was still nervous about what would be happening to her. She looked outside, watching the trees and plant life whizz passed them, quietly losing herself in thought.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/15 02:35:02 )
Ginta nodded quietly after hearing her response. He glanced over his shoulder briefly, before looking down at the wooden boards made to make the carriage. "We know of the rumors of our lord.. I hope you'll see that he isn't all that bad. He'll take care of you while you're staying at the castle." He tried to reassure the young woman. The ride lasted hours before a large castle came into view, and the carriage continued through snow. Dusk was hitting the snow covered land. As they neared the castle, snow fell like frozen raindrops. Hakkaku slowed the carriage to a stop, and Ginta got down out of the carriage and helped the young woman down.

A female dressed like a demon slayer, and a well dressed monk were waiting outside of the castle gates.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/15 02:40:49 )
You can die anytime...

Kagome had dozed off as the ride went on, suddenly waking up when she noticed how cold it had gotten. Still wrapped up in the blanket, she thanked Ginta for his help and carefully climbed out of the carriage. She looked around, taking in everything there was to see from where she stood. It was a large, sprawlling castle, and it was very pretty, she had to admit. She just hoped that things wouldn't be so bad. She looked over to the monk and demonslayer waiting for them before letting herself be lead over to them.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/15 20:31:12 )
Hakkaku came down as well, and stood next to his brother. He went and talked to the monk a bit before glancing at his brother, and nodding to him. Ginta led the young woman forward. The monk smiled at the woman. "Welcome. I am Miroku, and this is Sango. She's the steward while I am but a humble monk." He introduced himself, and his female companion, bowing lightly. "Sango will show you to your room." He said casually. Meanwhile the prince, was organizing a dinner for his 'guest'. After the long journey, she was bound to be hungry..right?

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/15 20:59:01 )
You can die anytime...

Kagome nodded quietly, unsure of what else to say.

Sango smiled at her gently,"Please...follow me..." She said, turning and leading the way into the castle. Kagome paused for a moment before following her quietly, doing her best not to start crying again. She couldn't believe this was happening. She was thankful people seemed so nice so far. She really hoped things would continue to be alright.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/16 01:00:20 )
The wolf boys left to meet with their pack leader, to go hunting. Miroku went and helped prepare for the meal that the prince was organizing. Inuyasha glanced at Miroku when he entered the kitchen. The monk could see his eagerness. He sighed. "I'm not sure what she's feeling.. But she is confused and very nervous about this whole thing. Do your nest to contain yourself." He said. Inuyasha blinked and watched the monk as he assisted the servants in the kitchen. He soon left to think about what he was going g to do come supper.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/16 01:19:47 )
You can die anytime...

Sango led the girl quietly through the halls "I know this is hard to adjust to..." She said softly,"But I hope you'll be able to get use to things here. I can assure you all the servants here are kind and understanding on how you feel right now."

Kagome nodded,"It's going to be really hard." She murmured,"I left everyone and everything I ever knew... I don't even know if I'm even cut out for this kind of life."

Pixel Art by the talented Neko~ Thank you so much, Neko! <3
Both a just adorable~ :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart:

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.