Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback March Crate Items Feedback Thread

Npc — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/4 16:20:37 )

Hey guys!

I'm super excited to be doing our first feedback thread. Here at Voltra we are always listening to your feedback, good or bad. That is why we want to start a discussion about our monthly crate items. These sets are made for you guys and we want to bring you sets that you'll enjoy using and look forward to every month.

Now we know that sometimes perhaps a set is not your cup of tea or doesn't fit your particular style, so try to look for things that we could use constructively. Like for example: If this pose was made this way and you could equip it like this then I would find use for that set more in my outfits. Or another example would be: This particular mod or pose is being repeated, I'd like to see x and y being offered as well.

★✩✩✩✩

In order to create a standard rating we will be doing a five star rating review. So for each set your reviewing do a 1/5 ; 2/5 ; 3/5 ; 4/5 ; 5/5 to let us know how much you like the overall set.

We are looking for feedback regarding the way the sets layer, originality, variety in poses, etc. But don't restrict yourself to these categories, those are just some suggestions for the direction you can take your feedback in.

We do ask that you try to keep your feedback constructive and don't just say "It looks bad, I don't like it." As it's not very useful to us.

Here is a template to start off your review:

Valorous Knight
★✩✩✩✩

Floral Empress
★✩✩✩✩

Victorious Captain
★✩✩✩✩

Thank you for taking your time to write this feedback, you are being very helpful!

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/5 10:11:13 )
Valorous Knight
★★★✩✩
My favourite part of this item imo is the helmet
It could be layered with a lot of other head items and give other headgear a depth because of the shadow

The reason why i didnt give a higher rating for this is mainly because the set doesnt really work with other items. It mostly only works if I used the whole thing of the set. The only part that i could see being combo'ed with other items is the helmet and the skirt thingy..

What would make me love this set better?
The option of Helmet without the feather thingy ( the blue part in the sample pic ). Actually i would love the whole set better if there is an option to remove all the feather thingy xD

Floral Empress
★★★✩✩
I know many people gonna give this one a high rating.
But yeah.. This set isnt really my cup of tea xD
Its been like 3 rare sets in a row that have mostly female items ( like 3+ pose are female parts xD )
Kinda wish for more unisex rare crate items too maybe in the future
Atleast more pose for the unisex part?

I am not gonna lie, the staff is the pose that catch my eye, and probably my favourite part of the set. I like how you guys starting to add more pose with body mods. I like how the body mods of this item doesnt have many details that is hard to combo with another item. It kinda match with lots of items, I can honestly see the body mods used often...

What would make me love this set better?
The staff without the flower part maybe?

Victorious Captain
★★★★★
The winner of this batch for me
This set have everything i want in a crate items, its unique.. The details are amazing.

I notice that the midnight & brown eyepatch, midnight boots have additional details/pattern compared to the other colour. At first i love them, but looking at the other colour with no additional details, they are not that bad either.. I kinda wish we could keep both version of all colours tbh.. So it would be nice if the patterns / details actually work like a sticker on top of the items xD

Also would love if the eyepatch layered under hair layer. They would work with wider set of hairs imo

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/5 13:05:26 )
♥ • ♥ • ♥
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valorous Knight
★★★★✩
I love how there are only 3 colors in this set! Usually (on other sites) sets like these would be topped off with gold accents everywhere and that would just ruin it for me tbh.

Floral Empress
★★★★★
This set is perfect, wouldn't know how to make it better! The headpiece is not really my personal taste but looks pretty!

Victorious Captain
★★★★✩
Lovely set, i love how the parrots are different colors and can be used in many different avatars.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questing: click here!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/5 15:04:04 )

Valorous Knight
★★★★★
Neb, you glorious human, you blow me away every time I look at your items. This is a fantastic, unique item that you don't often run into on avatar sites. It offers something that Voltra is currently lacking, and has a buttcape! What more could you ask for? Male items are always so outstanding to see on avatar sites, as they're primarily female-based, normally.

Floral Empress
★★★★★
QT, haven't I seen those hairpins before? :b I still love them, though! I absolutely adore the pose this item is in, and I feel like in the future it could have a complimentary chair item!! The skirt billows to the floor quite nicely, and the falling petals is an absolutely adorable touch that really ties the item together~

Victorious Captain
★★★★★
I don't know ya, Bean, but you did a wonderful wonderful job! Pirates are a necessary theme to tackle in a DI, and this item is outstanding. The parrots are pixelled beautifully, with two different poses. Birds are pretty hard to translate to pixels! The sash and boots are bound to be a staple in avatars to come, and that jacket is absolutely beautiful.

Thank you all so much for such wonderful items. <3

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 03:47:11 )
Valorous Knight
★★★★✩
I love the shape and forms of these items but they can be a tad hard to work with, buuut it could also be my limited inventory working against me. It's a beautiful item though and I'm very grateful to have something like this. I love armor and the shape and forms are so appealing!! I think my biggest issue is that I can't wear a belt with the waist cape pose. It makes sense, but it's also not a belt ... :'D that's just my urge to over-accessorize tho

The colors were a bit surprising, and while not necessarily bad, aren't super common. I get rotating colors out too so less common ones get some love, too. The blue/white is definitely my favorite, not so keen on the other two (though I'll definitely find uses - I already used the yellow/purple!) (SORRY I AM REALLY BAD AT COLOR NAMES AAAA)

Floral Empress
★★★✩✩
This is not my cup of tea, largely for the reasons cited above. However, the arms/staff pose is fantastic and I really like the flower petals and they'll definitely add a nice flair to any avatar. That said, it's absolutely stunning and I love the art. If I were into this aesthetic it'd easily be a 5/5.

Victorious Captain
★★★★★
My favorite, hands down. Good universal colors, accessories to go with MANY avatar styles (that don't necessarily have to be pirate-themed!), and the art is just A+. The birdy pal is a great touch, too.

That said: this is my favorite month so far. <3 I appreciate it all and none of this is negative at all.
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Voltie — he/she Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/13 22:02:05 )
Valorous Knight
★★★✩✩

Things I Liked: Beautiful detailing on the waist cape. I loved that the set is like a proper set of armor and not chainmail bikini material.

Critiques: This is the only item I had any real qualms with. The design itself is fine, though nothing too "wow"ing; I'm not a big fan of knight stuff though so I didn't expect it to tickle my fancy. But my real issue is of the three colors combos offered for this item, none of them convey a very good "Dark Knight" feel, which I am sure a lot of the users would appreciate. Two of them are white with colored accents and only one of them is a dark color at all, and barely at that. I don't feel like it's a very good combination of colors either, to be honest. The lavender with the tea and bark (maybe?) don't seem very complimentary and also would be hard to match with other items outside of the set (Since I'm not entirely convinced the darker brown is bark at all and not it's own color not listed in the commons). I just feel like it would have been better if the third set of colors were something more traditional and easier to match with, like Coal, Storm, and Cherry perhaps? Something that would give the users a chance to take the look in a different direction.

Closing Thoughts: A chain shirt to go with the chain pants would have been nice and offered full coverage, which I do like with my suits of armor. Expansion ideas would include a banner (With perhaps the different Realm emblems!) handheld, pile of gold or loot (or a mimic), some kind of steed for our valiant knight to ride, and maybe a shield to go with that sword!

Floral Empress
★★★★✩

Things I Liked: Nice color combinations and options; I appreciate the inclusion of a "dark empress" option. Having a hand/arm mod item is really nice and I feel like the pixellation of it was well executed. The option of using the hand mods vs. regular staff was also very nice, though I wish a similar option would have been provided for the dress via sitting/standing pose. Drifting flower background is beautiful and I like the detail work with the flowers in the headdress and the staff. Nicely shaded.

Critiques: My issue with this item is very minimal; the dress pose that appears to be sitting feels like it needs more work. I don't know if the artist was trying to play on the nature theme with a sort of waterfall look with the way the dress pools at the feet, but it feels somewhat unnatural to me. Also, the "seat" of the dress seems...flat. While I'm certain there are people who were not endowed with an ample buttocks, for this item I wonder if maybe we could have put a bit more cushion in the tushion, you know?

Closing Thoughts: Very pretty rare and well done. Expansion or companion item ideas would be some kind of seat or throne for our empress to sit on (Would help the pose look a bit more natural), maybe a flower tree or plant background, a shower of flowers/petals as opposed to the drifting trail (or a trail/scattering of flowers/petals on the ground).

Victorious Captain
★★★★✩

Things I Liked: Design itself was well done, colors were nice and complimentary, and the addition of the macaws was really wonderful and well executed. I love pirate items so I was so glad to see one done here. The details were great as well; the fading in the feathers of the macaws, the gold embellishments on the hat, the delicate chain on the coat. Little details like that can really make an item.

Critiques: Hardly a critique at all, but I took off one star because I feel like rather than the eye-patch, or perhaps in addition to it, it would have been even nicer to have a ruffled shirt to go with the coat to really complete that pirate look. Not that I'm complaining about crate art of shirtless Vyctor (though he is always shirtless).

Closing Thoughts: I'd love to see this item expanded upon (or maybe a companion item released) in the future, perhaps with that ruffled shirt I mentioned, maybe a treasure chest and a spyglass or a treasure map, and maybe some kind of piratey background, like a sandy beach or a ship deck with a mast or the captain's wheel. Lots of great potential.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/17 16:35:31 )
These are my problems with this month's items. I like them overall but I do have some things that I feel could be improved.

Victorious Captain
★★★★✩
1. The parrot on the shoulder of the Pirate set covers the avatar's face and if you add the eye patch in, you basically can't see much.

Floral Empress
★★★✩✩

1. The Floral Empress is sitting in the air and it is very very weird. Maybe you should have added a background item in the shape of the moon to stick with the theme, so she can sit on it. Or maybe add a cloud, or chair, or something, I believe someone already suggested a waterfall which is cool too.

2. The brown and orange colored version of the Floral Empress isn't very good...judging from the lack of avatars wearing that version nobody seems to like it either. (And I am a huge fan of the color orange) The brown you picked makes it look kinda drab considering she is supposed to be an empress. Maybe a cream color might have been better?

3. The Floral Empress's veil doesn't layer well with most hairs so that limits you quite abit.

4. The Floral Empress's dress is a little plain. The veil has alot of details on it, so maybe some of the designs should have been carried over to the dress as well.

Valorous Knight
★★★★✩
1. The skirt on the Valorous Knight looks abit stiff..I don't think fabrics do that, unless they are really really starched. So to the eye it seems like a different material, kinda like plastic.

Always ping me please.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.