Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Remembering random things

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/17 22:22:09 )
Story time

When I was a teen, forever ago, I remember walking across my school's middle field during lunch break. I had my headphones in, listening to "every time we touch" on my mp3 player. There were these 3 or 4 guys sitting on a bench. I barely knew one of them, but the ones I didn't know called out to me. I didn't want to go over to them, being the timid freshmen that I was. From my family, middleschool and prior experiences I was expecting to be harassed. But they insisted so I didn't want to be rude. I walked over and braced myself.
Then they asked what I was listening to. I always felt embarrassed with anything personal like music, so I answered something vague like 'just a random playlist' or I might've said 'nothing'. I dont remember my words, but I tried to dodge the potential for bullying. The guys continued to beckon and they wanted to hear the music, so I handed them my earbuds. I remember thinking "shit I need a better song than this. It's just some silly pop song, they're going to laugh at how cheesy it is" ect ect
But the first guy who put the earbuds on was suddenly elated by the song. Like "OMG I LOVE THIS" and handed the other ear bud to his friend to share. Everyone had a listen and were incredibly excited over my "silly" playlist.
After this point, I grew a bit more confidence in the music I liked. By the end of the year, I was stomping across that field with another girl, singing ridiculous songs happily out loud. People often chimed in if they knew it.

I've been trying to focus on happy things lately, since my depression and the bitter atmosphere at my job has been making me feel angry all the time. I need to remember how I was so passionate in my childhood and early 20's. This is the first time I remembered the moment with these guys, and it made me feel really happy this morning. XD

Got any wholesome/happy moments in your memory? Anything particularly nostalgic?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/17 22:27:39 )

At one point when I was studying design the guys in my class asked me what games I played. So I replied that I love shooter games and I also mentioned Unreal Tournament. Right away they where like "OMG that is so cool we should hold a tournament soon!". I also talked about being a huge Sonic fan. But as soon as I was to mention Jazz Rabbit I stopped. I thought to myself "they are going to find it so uncool!". The guy next to me was like "And any more games?". Me like no but he was sure I was going to mention another game. So he presured me to tell it. So I then did and everyone was like "OMG that game was so cool. I always played it back then. Wow the memories". I was shocked.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/17 22:30:41 )
@vengeance:
That story is so relative, I love it! It feels so good to click with people with the things you like, especially when you least expect it. <3

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/18 00:55:44 )

I always love that kind of feeling. I think that happens to me now more than it did back when I was in school. My school had a lot of bullies in it, so I pretty much just kept to myself and kept my mouth shut. But now I've been less afraid to tell people the kind of stuff I do like and its always such a good feeling when someone else likes the same things. Better late than never I guess xD

|

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/18 01:01:24 )
@Miss Kitty:
to be honest, i feel like ive gone back to middle school. I get harassed so often these days, whether its at work or in my personal life. I completely lost faith in humanity for the past year.
But remembering my highschool years and my first two jobs, where people accepted me without stereotypes involved, it makes me feel better ^^

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/18 11:09:26 )
@Boris:
Thanks! And I hope you do. We all need a little more positivity in our lives, probably. And I love reading happy stories :vanora_icon:

ama

Donator — pancake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/18 12:41:20 )
That is so pure. I can't think of anything off the top of my head.
But if I worked today this definitely would have helped me get through the day. :]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.