Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat This town is stupid.

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/12 04:00:31 )
Threw my kid's uniform in the wash and walked to a 24 hour coffee café around the corner from my house. While I was there, I was talking about ducks and swans on the Discord. I decided to leave when the Barista's boyfriend came in. I was the only customer. They started vigorously making out and he was reaching down her shirt. So I left. Then this drunk guy spots me and comes up and starts telling me his life story and I keep walking. He doesn't get the hint and my linguistic skills came in handy. I turned and started speaking in Chinese to make it seem like I didn't know any English. He left me alone after that.
It's just now turning 11. I guess I won't leave the house after 9.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/12 04:18:07 )

That's gross about the barista's boyfriend though. Like, yo, wait until you're home to fool around. Or at least, until you're not at work?

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/12 04:27:25 )
@Sass Pegasus: God, I know right? Even I was disgusted. I feel like I should put in a complaint. I just wanted a coffee. I can watch that stuff at home thanks.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/12 04:28:38 )

@Shamrock Shamus: I totally would complain about that.
hey i'm Jessi.

my friend cnts made the pixel

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/12 04:35:35 )
@Sass Pegasus: I am going to. That's incredibly inappropriate. Even if the shop was empty, they still should wait until later.

@Q t e a p o n: Lol it was the most uncomfortable coffee run I have ever done. I have lived in this town since I was 5. I am 38 now.
I have a concealed carry permit, so I am not afraid to leave the house at night but I still don't want to deal with this crap.
My keurig is broken, so I couldn't make my own coffee.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/12 11:40:50 )
Ahh, I'd complain to the manager about that barista. That's just uncomfortable lol

Sorry for having a weird town though. I can't speak too highly for my own either. Lots of odd ones haha

ama

Donator — Bunnies! Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/12 12:31:06 )
You played it so cool, I wouldn't have been able to do that. Still that was a gross imagine for a cup of coffee, I'd definitely complain.

Donator — pancake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/12 14:13:49 )
Dude, I can't stand people.
Yesterday I was trying to leave work and a guy stops me.
I was very obviously trying to walk away from him.
My feet were facing away from him, entirely.
But every time I tried to turn he would start talking again.
Like dude, you do understand I'm just trying to be polite, right???

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/12 21:33:58 )
@Q t e a p o n: Right. I don't want to use it ever but I will if my life or my family's life depends on it.
Lol I don't know. I am not even sure what broke it but it just makes a grinding metal on metal type sound and no coffee. I think I just will need a new one.

@Seo: I am going to. There's a bit more to why I needed to promptly get up and take off that I am not comfortable talking about in the open. But it wasn't going to do my situation any favors by sitting there either.

I think a lot of towns are insanely weird, especially with the opioid situation that the country is facing. Not saying heroin addicts are bad people btw, because that would be insanely hypocritical of me, given my youth experiences but still. It does mess with one's head as well as needing to get a fix and being desperate for it can cause problems.

@eliechan: I'm going to definitely complain. I'm not a prude but I have my reasons I can't be in a situation like that, as well as the fact that that is just extremely unprofessional.

@blinkini: lol maybe just start speaking on something other than English? Even gibberish? Idk. That may work or make it worse if they are xenophobic. Who knows.

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/12 23:23:59 )
@Q t e a p o n: It is. And I know my gun doesn't guarantee safety but it just feels good to know that if anything got desperate, I'm not defenseless.
Ugh I know. : ( Mine is pretty old. I got it as a wedding gift when I married my ex, so that puts it at 8 years old this year. I wish I could get another as a gift. Lol I am poor but I love them.

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/12 23:25:54 )
@Boris: I am definitely going to. I called to see when they were in next and tomorrow I am going to go in.

Donator — pancake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/12 23:59:06 )
@Shamrock Shamus: unfortunately I work with him, so he knows I speak English. D;

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/13 00:04:01 )
@Boris: Yay indeed.

@blinkini: Lmao at first I felt like I had just read a plot twist type of thing and I went back to your previous post and I am not sure why I didn't think that was a possibility.
Well I have nothing. I guess you could pretend to be talking on the phone next time you leave work? Idk.

Donator — pancake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/13 00:05:09 )
@Shamrock Shamus: lol. I wish my life were that interesting.
I suppose I could do that. I'll have to text my friend and tell her to call me and hope she responds.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/13 02:48:19 )
Eew PDA is gross

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.