Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Fire and Ice Festival

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/10 23:00:54 )
So there's this festival in town here this weekend. I was told to post about it so here I am :vanora_xd:
Although its "fire and ice festival" I really only saw the "ice" side of it, due to the fact that I have to be in bed by the time the fire festivities begin. -sobs about work at 4am-
So it was a bit lack luster, but still a nice outing.

... Despite being 15 degrees fahrenheit outside.

There were big blow-up igloos outside where I could take a mini break from the cold

I would love to use one as a camping tent. just dont think about how many times they probably have to continue inflating it to make sure it doesn't droop.

Also, ice sculptures!

^ I think this one is supposed to be two dragons intertwined, the snow is misshaping the top a bit so its hard to see the face properly

^ This one is still a WIP. when I walked by a second time the guy came back to work on it more. But its probably my favorite just for the stylized head.

^ Watched a guy working on some more star wars stuff. He was trying his damnedest to teach people artsy tips and tricks, but the music nearby was so loud no one could hear him. pfff

^ gf really liked this one and wanted me to take a pic cause we couldn't figure out what it was. Obviously another work in progress.

^ and what the hell, lets just make a sign out of ice as well, in the brewery tent. I scribbled out rando faces to be respectful lol

What's a festival in the snow, without..

hot chai and funnel cake

The fire part of the festival, which I sadly miss out on, is supposed to have a bunch of performers doing tricks with flames. Also there are a lot of metal sculptures which will be shot up in flames after dark. There will also be fireworks~

I also bought cotton candy from these break dancers that were wanting to dance with some music they were playing, but it was too cold, so they squirmed in their tent. They were great.

And of course, there was a random group of ghost buster cosplay running around. And horse carriages that weren't in use. probably too snowy to bother.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/10 23:36:48 )

[x]

pls don't

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/11 00:52:36 )
That's a shame!
Honestly, coming from Florida, I feel like I'm spoiled by special events. There always seemed to be something going on, especially if you go to like downtown disney.
So it was nice to discover something festive like this. Even if it was super tiny~

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/11 02:12:10 )
The snow sculptures looks awesome. You can't often see those in a tropical country like where I am right now. We have some artificial man-made snow parks here but experiencing the actual one would be great for me.
There is something haunting in the light of the moon;
It has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/11 10:48:25 )
Coming from a tropical state originally, I also really love the ice sculpts and snow <3 I was freezing my heck off but its super pretty still

*edit, holy hecks it's 7F this morning

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/11 11:42:02 )
a colorful unicorn
@Seo: all of those look nice but I really like the fire and ice heart, and the big giant Igloo
without a horn!

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/11 15:03:52 )
@Seo: Thanks for sharing this with us! It looks really cool!

Always ping me please.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/11 21:23:50 )
@Unicorn:
Yes <3 there was also a metal statue of flowers that looked really cool. It already had scorch marks from the night before too.
I was too lazy to run over to it and take a pic though XD

@Q t e a p o n:
Yes it was~
even though I ate it while snow was falling, so I consumed a lot of cold snowflakes in the process :vanora_xd:

@Saeyra:
Of course =D

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/11 21:34:55 )
a colorful unicorn
@Seo: that even sounds pretty, sorry to hear that you didn't get a photo of it though and scortch marks how did you get those?
without a horn!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/11 22:19:04 )
@Unicorn:
Oh I meant the statue had scorch marks from being lit on fire. The festival is for 3 nights. so each night they light the metal statues on fire.
I found an image on google of the flower statue being lit, but it's hard to see the flower parts XD

ama

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/11 22:26:48 )
a colorful unicorn
@Seo: oh I see and that is still pretty neat to see.
Thank you for sharing it

without a horn!
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — pancake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/12 14:30:11 )
That is so stinking neat!
The only really cool thing here is called Riverfest, but the buttons are getting expensive, considering you have to pay to enjoy everything again, once you get in.
But it's still really neat.
I don't get to enjoy it anymore, with my schedule, though.
=/

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/12 19:55:13 )

Yay I'm glad that you went lol
I really want that Funnel Cake! It looks so good.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.