Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I can't shop - help me

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/9 18:13:20 )

I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. I don't do dresses or skirts or those things that go over your shoulders to go over your shirt o.o
My sister is getting married in august. I'm in it, and so I have to buy a dress. A teal one.
I'm not good at this sort of thing xD So can anyone give me good ideas on a cheapish dress place? I honestly don't wanna go all out, as I only see me wearing this once. And I like to dance. AND I'm not the thinest girl in the world so..ah >> Nothing of that sort lol.

Please, someone help ;-;

|

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/9 18:19:59 )
First thing is to find your body shape. There are lots of style guides to recommend flattering clothes to show off your better qualities.

Always ping me please.

Donator — Easterbun Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/9 18:54:13 )
Lool I’m totally a pear xD

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/9 18:58:55 )
Maybe browse the secondhand stores in your area like Good Will. I know some church's in my locale also do the secondhand stuff for super cheap (I bought my nephew a Halloween costume for $1).

I love Savers the most, though. I'm not sure if they're nationwide or just in New England, but they're reasonably cheap and their donated items are sometimes unopened stuff.

Good luck finding a dress!

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/9 23:04:29 )

If you don't mind the cost, go to Nordstrom. They will do everything for you lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/10 02:02:09 )
@Saeyra: This chart makes me feel awkward because I don't quite fit any of those body types. I have the waist of neat hourglass with the hips and thighs of full hourglass, bust of lean column, and shoulders of inverted pear...

@Miss Kitty: I wish I could offer more help, but tbh, 90% of dresses that I have bought have been on Amazon. And for those, I take my measurements and compare them with the measurements on the seller's size chart to get the best possible fit. Hopefully you find something that works well though! And good luck!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.