Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 20:40:38 )
a colorful unicorn
@Colin: sounds like a great idea to do.
without a horn!

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/8 01:23:50 )
@Schye: Me either. I got my younger kids these tablets designed for younger children when they were 4. The edges were made of that nerf type rubber and it only had kid friendly apps and games, which I could add more. It's good for their age and gives them something quiet to do, especially if they can't play outside. I'm ill so, sometimes I don't feel well enough to chase them around all day. So, it helps me out big time. But things like IPads just perplexes me. I don't feel like young kids need them.

Lol I was about to say 3rd grade is still young to get your own pc but then I remembered that I was born in 1979 and PCs and internet weren't readily available until the 90's, so of course it would seem young to me. : P Which I guess I could say about the rest though. Lmao.

@Colin: Lol right? I remember those days. If it rang after midnight, you'd better get dressed because you needed to go to the hospital to say goodbye to someone. And I remember my late wife always wanted to talk to me on the phone when we were kids and she'd talk forever, so I would have to drag a chair from the table and sit next to the phone. And I always had to watch what I said because my parents were always in ear shot. Lol.
My kids don't get a cell phone until they get in middle school. The summer before they start the 6th grade, I get them a phone. I have kind of made it a right of passage kind of thing.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/8 02:27:44 )
It's funny because I still love CDs, but I can see how they are dying out at this point. Which is weird because in highschool even, I was still making mix tapes off the radio on cassette tapes! My favorite thing was before Hastings went out of business, I would dig through their clearance CDs and pick out the most obscure sounding ones that I had never heard of. I got some pretty great music that way.
Even though it's pretty much obsolete, I still have a tv with a build in vcr and I watch my vhs tapes on it all the time. It's great to dig through the vhs section at Goodwill because they always have some really great stuff and sometimes even some Disney ones for super cheap! I picked up Hercules and Mulan on one of my last trips.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/8 04:02:44 )
@unicorn: I will laugh so much if I get to do that.

@shamrock shamus: Ahhh, the memories...

@kaderin triste: Goodwill can have some AMAZING finds in old/obsolete formats!
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/8 04:09:37 )
@Colin: The only thing that the Goodwill here doesn't have are decent vinyls. I'll have to loot my dad's record collection once I finally get a turntable.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/8 04:12:35 )
a colorful unicorn
@Colin: kids now days should be thought what all those gadgets are from back in the day
I am glad that I got taught about 8 tracks and records by my family members. I even own a
few records myself

without a horn!
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.