Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries An Artist’s Journey (GB)

Donator — Easterbun Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 07:53:09 )
Locked due to 6+months of inactivity in the thread. If you would like this thread unlocked, please PM a mod.

AN ARTIST’s JOURNEY~~~

“Every child is an artist.” - Picasso

This is my journey in becoming an artist

Donator — Easterbun Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 07:54:47 )
*post freely here. Obviously everyone is welcome.
*make sure you follow the TOS and regulations
*I will be posting my Journey everyday on this forum. So if you follow this thread please be patient and wait to see the next in the series.
*enjoy~

Donator — Easterbun Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 07:57:33 )
INTRODUCTION:

So to put it into perspective, I didn’t know I wanted to become an artist until I was 9 or 10 years of age so that is where I’m going to begin. Also, I generally drew the same character over and over. Characters you know today as Verity and Ruel. These are their beginnings as well as my own.

Donator — Easterbun Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 08:04:25 )
“EVIL ROUGE”

This is the first drawing on record of my first OC, “Rouge” or as she’s known today as “Verity”. Now, I know why you’re thinking; she’s a Neopet. More specifically though she’s a Gelert. In fact, she was based off of a toy I had when Neopets were still very popular. More so, she was based off the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise and was put into that world. This picture was the basis/reference of my new character.

Donator — Easterbun Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 08:18:38 )
“ANGEL”

Oh god what happened?! Puberty my friends. Puberty. As a child the concept of puberty was fairly new to me and drawing it was even more of a task. Especially growing up in the “big boobs are better” society. I didn’t have big boobs nor would I ever so I gave my new character now named “Angel” big breasts.

Donator — Easterbun Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 08:30:08 )
“KNUCKLES IS HOT?”

And there is it folks; my shameless stealing of characters that aren’t my own and making them mine. But I mean I changed him enough right? (I didn’t....) Anyway as you might of guessed it, Knuckles was my favorite character in the Sonic the hedgehog franchise. Why you may ask? Well, I didn’t think he got enough credit. I thought he was smarter and cooler than he looked and didn’t get enough time in the lime light. So I drew him as my main male character of course. With a couple changes. Oh and by the way, the writings and dates on the sides those were my critiques from as I got older. So I was looking back at these drawings in high school critiquing them awkwardly. Sometimes they are funny but most of the time it’s just plain ignorance.

Donator — Easterbun Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 08:30:45 )
This thread is now open for more posts

Donator — Easterbun Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 21:26:10 )
“KNUCKLES THE ECHIDNA”

This is a redesign of Knuckles. As you can see I’ve added more locks and a braid. Also gave him some hip clothes and made him a bad ass. Well as bad ass as an anthropomorphic echidna can be.

Donator — Easterbun Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 09:21:36 )
“HER HAND IN MINE”

This is probably one of my favorites from when I was a wee child. It just make me laugh every times. Not just because of the cheesiness of it all but because of what it says in red sharpie. I think, at the time, me and my friend Emily were looking through my sketch book and she saw this picture and said in response to what I wrote (which was: “ I will love you as long as you keep your hand in mine”) “So even if she were to stick her hand down his pants, he wouldn’t love her?”

Donator — Easterbun Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 09:28:27 )
“ANGEL IN LINGERIE?”

I drew this while watching Camp Rock. That’s all I know other than the fact I think this wasn’t suppose to be seductive in any way. I mean that’s really all I can gather from the somber look in her eyes.

Donator — Easterbun Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 09:49:24 )
“KNUCKLES WITH A GUN”

OKAY SO! I wanted him to be more of a badass. Why not add a gun and a wife beater? Ofc!

Donator — Easterbun Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 09:54:18 )
“ANGLE AT AGE 16”

Sad part is I didn’t know how old she was in this picture and she’s my own character. Well I can say for sure now I wanted her to be 16 in this picture. The defying gravity tears ,however, I can’t explain those.

Donator — Easterbun Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 10:02:17 )
“YOUR ARE MY LIFE NOW”

Didn’t totally take that line from one of the worst written romances ever....or even intend to make knuckles a boy because he clearly has boobs xD

Donator — Easterbun Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 10:07:25 )
“DICE EARS”

around this time, I was introduced to water colored pencils and I used them on this piece but instead of water I used my own spit. Sexy right?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 10:07:50 )

Bravo *claps*

Donator — Easterbun Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 10:12:29 )
@RainbowPanda: thanks ;)

Donator — Easterbun Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 10:14:24 )
“KNUCKLES THE BADADs”

Again I used spit xD Also this piece was inspired by Code Geass!

Donator — Easterbun Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 10:18:37 )
“KNUCKLRS THE REAPER”

So style change it seems. I start to use more of an animeish style rather than my old style which was—-not as structurally anime? I don’t know but anyway this seemed anatomically more anime to me. Also, made Knuckles the Grim Reaper and yet his name is STILL knuckles. The plot was a mess.

Donator — Lewd <3 Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 10:21:39 )
You were just the most adorable little edgelord. xD

23 ♥ Female ♥ Pansexual ♥ Single
I am, to put it mildly, an incorrigible pervert. If I make you uncomfortable, please let me know.

Donator — Easterbun Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/16 10:22:14 )
@Alia Starchild: it’s sooo true!!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.