Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk What are your views on religion?

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 05:25:09 )
I was originally raised as Catholic, but I began to find too much within the bible that was contradictory and/or hypocritical.
Now I am an Atheist.

I firmly believe that everyone has the right to believe in anything they want to and I have no real issues with people who are religious. Until they start in with the "you're going to hell unless you convert to x" logic. Or the "I'll pray for your soul/to save you" comments. Because my "soul" is just fine thank you.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no right or wrong religion. Believe in what makes sense to you or what you want to believe in.

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 05:53:09 )
I myself am an Eclectic Wiccan, but I do not discriminate against others or judge them for their beliefs no matter how different they are from my own. I believe in a goddess and a god who are equal in power and who are guides to help us through hardships in life but otherwise leave us to our own devices rather than beings we have to appeal to for forgiveness or worship. I believe that everyone is responsible for their own actions and shouldn't put the blame on others.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 06:21:34 )
I'm an atheist, myself. I grew up in a family where two generations prior was heavily religious, but the one just before me was not as much. So, while I was baptized Catholic, I never went to church, or anything like that. But, I was raised knowing people who were religious.
I personally don't believe that there are any higher powers, but, for those who do, it's fine. As long as people don't try and impose their own beliefs on me, then I'm fine with whatever they choose to believe - that goes with everything, really. Religion, politics, whether a food is delicious or not... As long as you aren't forcing things onto others, then you should be free to believe what you want.

Please ping when responding to me, to make sure I see your reply!

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 10:42:09 )
I'm an atheist myself. But I've been to many different types of churches over the years. I'd rather not be ignorant to what others may believe in even if I don't share the same beliefs. So even though I may not believe in a higher power, I've studied and learned all sorts of things about different religions. It is kind of fascinating in a way. Which might be weird coming from a nonbeliever, but still. hah.
But yeah, I like the idea that everyone's free to make their own choices in what they believe/don't believe in. I'm not gonna force anyone to listen to my lack of beliefs just like I wouldn't want someone to force their beliefs on me. It's a two way street. People coexist with different beliefs all the time, so I've never really seen the point of forcing anything like that.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.