I have been working at this small town vet for about 3 years now and I NEED to talk things out so hear me out. Let’s begin by pointing out the fact I’ve been there for 3 years. It’s not like I had a choice. My parents practically make my do it for the discount. We own 5 animals and we are suckers for that reason. The one time I talk about quitting and they put on me they do so much for me and what not. At that point I’m just like eff it. Fine. I’ll continue working there. But my parents are the one to blame for my mental health from now on. Which brings me to my next point as to why I don’t wanna work a vet anymore; stress and depression. Obviously it’s a stressful environment and all you get is high stress situations but the cruel, jerky people at work don’t help AT ALL. I’m serious, these people I work with are the most manipulative, arrogant, negative beings I’ve ever had to deal with in my life. They are terrible people! So mean to their clients and other employees. One veterinary assistant purposefully wanted to be mean so she could make the new VA quit. It’s awful.