Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Music Discussion

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 08:15:56 )
What are some of your favorite genres?
Favorite songs or artists?
Have you ever been to see a live concert?
Chat about all things music related in here! :vanora_heart:

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 08:32:07 )
Good thread to be in!
Personally, I seem to like all genres. My least favorite is rap. Not quite the fan of it (of course nothing against people who like it!). Though, I do like Emimem's old stuff (I haven't caught up to his new stuff just yet lol)
I love Avenged Sevenfold, and if I could see them in concert...I could die happily lol.
I have been to a concert, and only one. That was Kenny Chesney back when I was in high school, so...long time ago. It was so overwhelming I teared up. *cough*
|

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 08:42:35 )
My favourite genre is dark cabaret but I can dip into pretty much anything if it's good. I'm also a hug fan of 80s music, especially deathrock and new wave. (George Michael was a big icon to me...)

Some of my favourite artists/bands are Voltaire, CocoRosie, Real Tuesday Weld, Glass Animals, Creature Feature, Ghost (big shock), Japan, and Mother Mother, just to name a few.

I've seen... two concerts in my life. Platinum Blonde at a local fair when I was like 10, and a band called F*** the Facts in high school. I had a chance to meet Mariana's Trench one time but I passed. I know, not very exciting.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 09:15:46 )
I love rock music and songs from around the world. I do love quite a wide variety of music, but I cannot stand rap either. If some songs have a light rap or a more musical rap than "traditional rap", I do not mind it as much. The song mainly has to be singing though. Not talking to a repetitive beat. It just grates on my nerves.
Disturbed is probably my absolute favorite band. I also love Thousand Foot Krutch a great deal.
I did go to one band with a friend but they invited me several years ago and I cannot recall who it was we saw. It wasn't anyone I knew or loved and I can't even remember my experience too well.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 03:59:07 )
I love everything from rock and metal to Kpop and alternative. Basically anything but country or gangster rap. ;) I love way too many bands and artists to be able to name them all, though. I've been to quite a few rock/metal concerts and also went to a Panic! at the Disco concert recently. I would love to go to a BTS concert someday, along with a Foo Fighters concert. My fiance's been to Foo Fighters but now it's my turn!

Ping me so I don't ghost you by accident!
ART REQUEST

Donator — she, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 03:25:57 )
@ghost: I would have killed to meet Mariana's Trench! Super jealous.

I listen to a lot of things. I have a few concerts lined up this summer, and I get to meet Evanescence! Which is literally my dream. I am seeing IPrevial again, Escape The Fate, Rise Against for the second time, Pierce The Veil all this fall.

Last fall I saw Evanescence, Good Charlotte , Sum 41, The Story So Far, and Hands Like Houses.
Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 05:50:41 )
@Lithium: Yeah! My sister won a contest where she got free tickets to their concert and she got to go have lunch with them. She was just a kid at the time so our mom went with her and they were going to bring me too, but I told her to bring her friend instead since 1) they'd have more fun and 2) she was a bigger fan than me. They were apparently a lot of fun and very sweet guys.
later.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.