Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Do you like your job?

Voltie — He/They Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/28 22:09:15 )
I'm actually really glad to have a job. It pays the bills. Things are getting more expensive. So I want more money. But I don't want more responsibilities. 😂

Discuss: your job.

Donator — he/him/theirs Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/30 14:07:25 )
I'm extremely lucky to have the job I do. It aligns with things I feel are important, and I get to help people which feels nice. Sometimes I do wish my job could be a bit more "fun" because I do just sit around at a desk a lot, plus I'm in grad school because apparently I'm supposed to want an even better job than the job I enjoy (to get more money of course, because that's life), so I've been feeling kinda like I'm working my life away. But it won't be forever. Plus I can look to my partner's job as a life lesson: they do more of a "fun" thing on paper but it leaves them too burned out for it to be much fun anymore outside of work. So I count my blessings - one of which being a regular and predictable income, something I know to be a privilege.

@Stupid: Do you enjoy your job enough to at least enjoy each day? It really sucks to have more responsibilities than money, lol.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.