Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops Pixel Doll Shop [Open!]

Donator — They/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/18 04:50:49 )

You have cute little pixel dolls. ^u^

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/18 04:53:45 )
Thank you mizu~ X3 Any suggestions of what I should include in the shop?

Donator — They/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/18 04:58:47 )

I'm not sure what to suggest.
Shop looks good from what oi can tell. ovo
Tho ye could easily charge more, tho ye prices are good :P
(Avatar Closet)

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/18 05:17:57 )
Thank you, I just want to give fair prices >//< Also it would't be right to charge on the first dolls until I have some actual examples.

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 19:52:50 )
oh boy i hope you're still open!

On Doll
To: okios
Hair: siela - brown, brushing shoulder-length, ahoge (one cowlick), 3 sideswept bangs in front
fred - blonde, neck-length, 3 bangs (two on the side, one in the middle)
(visual refs are in the 2nd post in my sig)
Eyes: siela - brown, big, happy :D
fred - gray, narrow, happy :)
Skin: peach
Body Type: both have healthy sizes i guess
Body Parts: no
Pose: siela in the top row first pose, fred in the top row 2nd pose
Clothes: (any clothing item worn by the doll)
Other: i don't want to overwhelm u with a background request so nope ;w;
Animation: blinking
how is this free??? /will tip

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 05:23:43 )
@okios: Yes I am still open XD You don't need to pick a pose shown in the examples, pick what you want. Also, a background isn't overwhelming~ The example is free as I do not have any examples yet. It feels like robbery when I cannot fully show how they will look. Also, are you wanting the dolls to interact with each other? o-o Same image?

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 06:14:36 )
@snakeweaver: o man you're giving me too much creative power
if i have to pick a pose, i want to see them in every pose _(´ཀ`」 ∠)_
if i have to pick a background, i want to see them in every environment _:(´ཀ`」 ∠):_
every...outfit even... –:( 」 ∠):._
ok here are some scenarios i'd like to see

maybe they could be sitting, back to back
(ok i can't find the pic of the lake but the forest looks like this, and the water tiles look like the same in the Meadow screenshot)

yes, same image please

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 06:25:20 )
@okios: Please try to go it one at a time XD I am a very focused type~ try one pose and outfit per character and landscape. After that, I will know what to do and make it for you. If you want more poses, outfits, and landscapes, then go for more after that~ Sound good?

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 06:35:31 )
@snakeweaver: wheezes at my thirstiness. my bad! i meant that you can choose between the 3 scenarios, not do all 3. XDD the latter is definitely too much/greedy.
unless you're also indecisive like me, then uh i'd pick the first one!

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 19:02:44 )
@okios: OH XD lol I would be more than capable of picking one~ Thank you for clarifying^^

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 20:47:45 )
@snakeweaver: great and no prob! looking forward to it

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 00:07:21 )
@okios: I am thinking of picking the picnic one. So I would draw that area, foods from that area, maybe a picnic basket and a blanket for everything to sit on? Would they be sitting?

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 00:39:58 )
@snakeweaver: wow that sound like a lot! you dont have to draw the whole area, a few blades of long grass or a simple tree would be enough to hint where they are. yes they would look nice sitting. if i remember correctly, foods that can be made from that area are sandwiches, fruit juice, fruit jello, sliced cucumbers, sliced apples, riceballs, and pickled vegetables. ultimately, i'm fine with whatever u end up drawing (or not draw).

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 01:39:48 )
@okios: Awesome! and I'm a professional pixel artist, doing that using a doll base will make everything a lot easier. Grass, bushes, sky, a blanket, a basket, and food items will take time, but they will be easy enough. Also, it will make for a good example for the on doll base~ and I think you'll likely enjoy having it?

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 02:38:48 )
@snakeweaver: sweet! voltra is hiring pixel artists just sayin ;DD
i have no doubt i will. i love all art mayne, esp of these two. TT<3

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 03:27:22 )
@okios: When I think of being a pixelist I think of how sapherna treated me now. I'm not sure how up to being staff at another site I am.

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 04:44:22 )
@snakeweaver: oh man i don't know the whole story, but that's understandable! sorry you had to go thru that. i don't think voltra is run by the same people that ran saph tho.
wait i take that back. i'm aware of one pixelist that used to pixel for saph. counting you, that makes two!

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 06:04:54 )
@okios: Well... seeing as they broke my contract by not paying me for all my work, so I'll call it safe to speak up. Besides after months of being 'trained' only to get told that the way I was doing things after training as more wrong than before and that person who trained me backing away to let me take the blame? They also modified a piece I did for the site without telling me, nor asking me to fix things. Their modifications caused a piece that was supposed to look soft and gentle to look stiff and shiny... x_X

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 18:56:18 )
@snakeweaver: yikes. if you got a legit signed contract, i think u can take em to a small claims court for unpaid work. but to also put things in perspective, if it's for like $10 worth of work, the time and attorney fees you're going to spend for that is not worth it either. idk depends how petty u feel. also, i'm not a lawyer.
tho, i can see how stressful and frustrating it is to be gypped like that. i think the situation would have been better if everyone was honest, transparent, and communicated properly, but damn to blow u off after months like that? for shame. u got any names
jk not here
put em on blast on my discord 👀
jk i feel like i'm prying too much n dont want 2 start a witchhunt so ill stop here

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 22:51:38 )
@okios: I'm owed more than 10$, but at the same time I don't feel like taking it to court. Instead, I'm using it for as it is- if she wants to break the contract than it means I have no obligation to not speak of staff related stuff while I was working for them. Lol, its okay to pry, honestly I don't think that site will open back up anyway. Most of the staff left, the temporary close was mostly to cover that big mess up.
Free Tiny Pride Flags

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.