Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Freeze-dried Candies~!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/10 02:39:12 )

@MimikyuToo: I use them all the time too. I can't be without. I even keep some in my purse so I have them when I go out. I also can't eat onions without being sick so but there is no pill for that.

Donator — she/they/him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/10 05:45:34 )

@Totalanimefan:
i like those 2 ingredient
bars made of date and
nuts or egg whites or whatever
but dont like the texture of the
actual fruit

and yes i could eat a whole bag
of dried mango in a short sitting haha

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/10 18:45:30 )

@Justice: the RX Bars? Or the fruit only ones called That’s It? Those are both good.
Oh maybe Laura Bars?
Me too. And I try not to think that I just ate 50 grams of sugar lol

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/10 22:38:01 )
    Ah, the lactase pills really work? I feel like I've tried them in the past and they didn't really work for me so I just chose to pick-and-choose what I eat instead. I figured out that harder/aged cheeses are usually fine--plus I'm not eating them in a quantity that would do much. But soft cheeses will end me. Cream cheese may as well be called kryptonite.

That being said, freeze dried ice cream wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. It's like biting styrofoam with some flavor. But, ah, isn't there a dessert/snack just like it? It's called...halva? Helva? Halva. It's so similar.

Donator — she/they/him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/11 03:08:42 )

@Totalanimefan:
yeah any of those r good
they have store brand ones
out there too that are nice

and hey at least it's 50
grams of natural sugar
lol

☥ "Think of me when you look at the night sky" ☥

leave me msgs here

The Crooked Dog Inn

plz ping me!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/12 03:31:20 )

@blue: Yes but you can't leave them out in the sun or in the heat. If the pills reach your body temp (98F) it activates the enzyme and then it doesn't work when you use it. Carry it with you in a purse instead of leaving it in the car or in your pocket. I also avoid all non-name brands except Costco's. That the only off brand that works. Other wise you need Fast Act from Lactaid.
And yes the more aged the product the less milk sugars the easier it is for people like us. I also find that some things are a 'two pill-er' like ice cream or a milkshake. Been using those pills since I was 18 and I'm 31 now. I've had tp pay the price more than once buying the off brands and seeing that they didn't work. I have a feeling it happens in transit to the store. Probably too hot in the trucks.

@Justice: Yes I agree. My fav brand is the one in the all red bags but I like all the brands. This is true. :) Diabetes runs in my fam though so I try to avoid having too much sugar in one day ^^;

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.