Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Favorite audiodramas and/or podcasts?

Voltie — She/They Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/26 17:24:35 )
Just curious what folks have been listening to! I've gotten super into Gloom and Unwell.

Gloom is an AU of the 1990s to mid 2010s Brooklyn where a group of teens went missing, connecting point was all foster kids seeing the same therapist. A journalist who is personally related to one is following the trail and unraveling the mystery. So goood.

Unwell is about a woman going back home to her mum's bed and breakfast after her mum had a surgery. It's in the middle of nowhere and has Irvine, CA vibes.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/26 20:51:15 )
    I don't listen to podcasts often, and they weren't usually audiodramas. The top few that I have listed are:
    The Moth
      This is a collection of short stories with a wide range of storytelling abilities, themes, and sentiments. I've come across some incredibly funny stories from peoples' life here--just imagine that one person who always makes the worst thing that happened to them the funniest thing you've ever heard. I've also heard some really sad stories, bizarre ones, and ones from people who really should just keep that shit to themselves (the chronic over-sharers). All in all, though, it's actually kind of fun to drop back into on occasion.

Heavyweight
      So this is a podcast by a guy named Jonathan Goldstein. He has a pleasant voice for the podcast format and his whole schtick is that he just interviews people about the random things in their life. I mean, here's the description of one of the episodes: "20 years ago, Gregor lent some CDs to a musician friend. The CDs helped make him a famous rockstar. Now, Gregor would like some recognition. But mostly, he wants his CDs back."

Small Town Murder
      Two guys who consider themselves comedians laugh and joke about a heinous murder that happened in a bum-fuck nowhere town. But they don't make fun of the victims because--in their own words--we're assholes, not scumbags. That being said, they go through the town yelp pages and give you a feel for the place before diving into what led up to the crime, and sometimes what happened after. It's entertaining on a drive.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/27 00:48:22 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

I've got two that I can't recommend enough!

The Magnus Archives:

The Magnus Archives is a horror fiction podcast written by Jonathan Sims, directed by Alexander J. Newall and distributed by Rusty Quill. Sims narrates the podcast in-character as the main character, Jonathan Sims, the newly-appointed head archivist of the fictional Magnus Institute—an institution based in London centered on research into the paranormal.

Batman Unburied:

Hard to describe this one but like its basically a batman comic live in your ears 10/10

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Voltie — She/They Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/8 16:18:34 )

Omg I didn't notice I got replies on this

@blue: I've been recommended Heavyweight before! The other two are new to me completely. The Moth sounds like something a friend of mine has probably heard, haha. Also Small Town Murder sounds like... Quite the spin on talking about true crime. Deffo interested, and hunting that one down now. Thanks for sharing!!

@Spider: I'm about to start The Magnus Archives!! Super excited to get started. :D

Gloom ended up having a meh ending. Haven't finished Unwell yet, but I'm getting there. I'm also working through Victoriocity which is a steampunk Victorian London setting. I like to think it's the precursor to the game Frostpunk haha. A murder mystery type of story!

You're Dead to Me is getting another renewal, and is a podcast about a reporter, a comedian, and a historian covering a small section of history. Aiming to bring light to lesser studied parts. Really fun! I'm looking forward to season 6. :)

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.