Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/26 01:39:23 )

@MimikyuToo: that really sucks. I’m sorry that happened to you. The pandemic did make seeing a therapist hard. I had to stop seeing mine cause we were doing in person stuff and then I moved to a different state and then it was extra impossible to find one that was taking new people.
The iPad is great for art. Do you have an Apple Pencil?

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/26 01:58:33 )

@Totalanimefan: It's all good I'm better now and am thinking about what I'm going to say to my boss.

The pandemic was terrible ;A; but yea that sounds tough, moving to a whole new state itself is super tough :o I'm glad you finally found one!

I have a pencil for it but it'll draw for a moment or two then it won't work at all... I've been wanting an art tablet for a while so hubby said I should just save up for that instead of spending $100 again for a new pencil. (This is the second time it happened so it'll be the third pencil to buy ;A; )

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/26 17:11:08 )

@MimikyuToo: that’s good. I’ve had more customers make me cry than I would like to admit. Mostly cause they were horrible and would yell at me. Especially when I was younger and I have always looked younger than I am so I’m sure that was a factor too. Glad you are better now.

Thanks! It was really tough and the pandemic added an extra tough layer to it, but it was so worth it. My husband and I love living in DC. There is so much to do and see and soon it will be cherry blossom season! I can’t wait!

That’s not good that it keeps breaking on you. I’ve had mine for years and it’s been ok. Maybe you should speak to customer service at Apple. They might be able to fix it for you?

Voltie — She/They Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/26 19:30:02 )
I just came back myself! I forgot about this place too. I haven't been in here in ages. Just got busy, and withdrew from online social stuff. I've had a lot of good luck with the wacom bamboo series, but I'm not sure if they still sell it. I've had my tablet since... 2010? Or so? And it's still working.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/26 20:40:30 )
    Ah, I haven't thought of the Wacom series in a while. It's always pretty amazing what that company comes up with and how long they've lasted. Plus, they can make it really accessible to make art or edit online. I had this tablet from a Chinese company that was similar to a Surface Pro. //laughs hysterically What a trip that device was!
    It only got a little tricky when I had to adjust something internally.

Hope everyone's therapy is going well.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/27 00:34:54 )

@Totalanimefan: oof I feel that, everyone says I look super young for my age. But it went over well. She said I didn't need to apologize because it was a stressful situation and I explained it triggered my fight or flight and I chose flight xD

Oooooh you have to take some pictures for me! I live in a desert area ;n; I don't get to see pretty stuff unless I travel. But I hear there is a lot to do in D.C. area, I'm interested in going for the museums and stuff ;u; I love museums!

I think it's because I have like the first gen ipad to support the pencil, it's pretty old, so I think it's a connective issue or something. I just don't really have the patience to sit on customer support line if I'm being honest.

@Fellowsheep: Welcome back~! I really never forgot about it, I may or may not have it bookmarked xD but I get it xD
woaah that's a long time to have a tablet~! I'll definitely look into them to see if they sell them or not! Thank you for the suggestion~!
Do you do art a lot? That's worded funny I think but oh well xD

@blue: Ooooo so I definitely should look into wacom then. It was a trip? Like awesome or ? oof internal adjustments are the worst on any tablet xD
Therapy is going well, she said I've grown a lot this past year but I feel I could grow some more xD

Voltie — She/They Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/27 00:55:54 )
@MimikyuToo: Thanks!!! Hahaha, this site's so cute so I don't blame ya. I've also heard Huions are very good, and more budget friendly as a back up suggestion. I do draw, but I used to draw waaayyy more than I do now. I'm getting back into character illustrations rn tho! And sewing haha. I hope your new table, when ya get one, is everything you wanted. And no worries about weird wording

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/27 01:02:33 )

@Fellowsheep: It is a very cute site and they people on here that I've interacted with are super nice ;u; My hubby picked out a couple of huions for me to look at but I haven't found a tablet I'm dead set on. I would love to see some of your work (you don't have to share if you don't want to). Oooo character illustrations sounds super fun and cool :) Sewing is awesome but takes a lot of patience. But thank you ;u; I'm excited but I'm still researching. xD

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/27 14:48:41 )

@MimikyuToo: I do have some pics from last season that I took. Here’s the link Twitter post with pics

I also love going to the museums. There are so many and lots of them are free. They are also pretty buildings. The National Portrait Gallery has a beautiful interior courtyard. I like to relax there.

Oh I see about your Apple Pencil.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/27 17:46:20 )
    @MimikyuToo: Like if I needed support, I was on my own. It lasted quite a while and came in hand several times as a computer tablet. This was just ahead of when tablets started to become more widely popular. That being said, apple is supposed to have some pretty great customer support with their products from what I was led to understand. Although, to be fair, the also like to stop supporting older devices all the time so it kind of evens out.

I tend to prefer writing directly on the screen rather than with a separate tablet. Plus, taking notes can be a little bit cumbersome if I have to haul along another separate device.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/28 00:45:38 )

@Totalanimefan: Waaaaah oh my gosh that's so pretty~!!! I bet it's so amazing in real life~!

Yay museum buddy~! I didn't know a lot of them are free, I live in a small town and I don't get to go to big city museums a lot but tiny towns normally charge xD Even in tiny towns in other states. ooooh I'll have to look it up ;u; I do love me some architecture xD

yea it's dumb lmao
Hows your week been?

@blue: Oof that's not good at all ;n; I honestly might be on the list of older devices they cut out support for if I'm being honest. I believe it's the first ipad that supports the pencil so that's no bueno if so xD

That makes sense. I could see how it would be a lot to take a seperate thing to write with.
How has your day/week been?

I'm so glad it's friday xD I get to play games and stuff ^w^

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/28 01:18:12 )

@MimikyuToo: photos can’t even describe how beautiful it is in person. It’s just amazing.
DC has really beautiful architecture. So if you are into that please come and visit! I fell in love with this city after I first visited in 2017. And there are like about 10 free museums. But I don’t even think I could name all the different museums in DC. There are so many.
I’m originally from a small town with not much to do or see lol.
My week was very busy and stressful. So I’m ready to relax this weekend lol

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/28 01:26:14 )

@Totalanimefan: Waaah I hope one day I can experience it ;u; even just to go see for a bit xD I'll definitely put it on my list of "Places I must go" that I have ;u;
I'm the sammeee born and raised in this poedunk town xD

I'm sorry ;n; that's no fun! I'm glad you're getting to relax this weekend though~! I hope it's super relaxing~!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/30 15:34:46 )

@MimikyuToo: yes you must! How long is the travel time from yours to DC? (You don’t have to say where you live. The state is fine)
My weekend did end up being busy but it was relaxing enough and I was happy to get the stuff done that was on my list ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/30 18:30:32 )
    I visited D.C. for the first time last December. It was very pretty and I had some really great food while I was there. I was most surprised by all the marble everywhere; it really does feel like a waste to make the curbs out of marble but go off, I guess.

I like the winter and autumn here, they're pleasant enough. But the summers are just brutal sometimes, especially with all the pavement and utter lack of greenery. And all the goddamn garbage that's always piled up everywhere. Pee yew.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/30 20:01:38 )

@Totalanimefan: 23 hr 48 mins by car apparently xD rofl
Woo for getting stuff done off your list! That's always a great feeling.

@blue: lol I live in a desert area, it's usually hot year round lol right now we're having this weird winter freeze from out of no where xD They sent me home from work (Well gave me the choice but I don't know how to drive on ice so thought it was for the best.)

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/30 21:47:32 )
    @MimikyuToo: The weather has been all over the place, I feel like. Back in my hometown, they've been getting record amounts of snow so it feels a lot like how it was when I grew up. Into my later years, there wasn't as much snow so it started to feel a little bit like Washington with all the rain and casually late snowfall.

Oh, I learned to drive on ice! But I think the roads and traffic patterns where I live now are so drastically different that I wouldn't trust any other driver, ha ha!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/30 22:04:22 )

@blue: I think it has been a bit all over the place lately. And wow that's wild.

I definitely don't agree with others driving around here xD They drive recklessly.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/31 01:31:29 )
    @MimikyuToo: I don't know how I'm still always so surprised when there are reckless drivers out there on the road. Where are they going? Are they late? Is it a mid-life crisis?

I hope your week is shaping up well, despite the bad drivers. ha ha!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/31 01:36:54 )

@blue: Right!? Like where are you going? What's happening? xD

It's going. I'm a little worried about the roads the next few days but we will figure it out xD
Hangout || Questing
Please ping me if I don't reply.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.