Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Just arrived!

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 17:22:14 )
Hello, everyone! I'm just getting started, so I thought I'd say hello and see if anyone would like to chat and get to know me. Some quick things about myself are that I play music, I love apples (I grew up on an orchard), and I owls are my favorite animal. I drink a lot of coffee and I like to bake. In fact, I just baked a cake this morning that is now sitting out on the cooling rack, and I can't wait to put the frosting on it. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Admin — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 18:32:48 )
@Mathonwy: Hello ~ Welcome to Voltra!
I too drink a lot of coffee, drinking some now actually as I work on some school assignments!

What kind of cake did you bake!
I love red velvet, it's my favorite!
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 18:42:46 )
@vozzy: Hi! Thank you so much! =) I'm considering making my second cup for the day. I just got this new little thing to do the pour-over method of coffee making and I'm hooked. I used to use a percolator, which is pretty old-fashioned, but I always liked how they are all-metal and easy to deep clean.

Sadly, I didn't make a red velvet, but it came out REALLY good! It was just a standard yellow cake, and I made some simple vanilla frosting for it. I had it for breakfast/lunch and it cake out all right, but alas, I think I ate too much cake.

Donator — Any Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 22:01:36 )

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::

@Mathonwy: Welcome!! I hope you enjoy your time here <3. I'm also a coffee fanatic!
My boyfriend recently baked a very yummy strawberry cake for my birthday! It was so sweet. We used cream cheese frosting, put some strawberry glaze on top, and some strawberries around it!

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::

Please ping me!

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 23:14:39 )
@milkshake: Thank you so much! Oh, and happy birthday!!! Strawberries are amazing, I almost put strawberry frosting on my cake. I ended up picking some vanilla for it, but now that you mention it, I should have gone with strawberry. Sooo good. <3

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 00:12:53 )
    @Mathonwy: so nice of you to bring cake!! Welcome to Voltra :)

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 00:18:46 )
@sunny: Thank you for the welcome! I'll bake cake anytime anyone wants! And all the apples you can eat!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 00:33:36 )
    @Mathonwy: nice, do you make apple pie?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 00:56:23 )
@sunny: Oh yes, all the time! I've made a few pies this season with Cortland, one with Mutsu, and two with Rhode Island Greening apples. Those last are the best for pies, I promise!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 02:59:43 )
Welcome to voltra! I also like to bake, but more specifically bread and pastries. i love making bread. Cakes are great and i can make them, but i don't get as much joy from making cakes as i do bread and pastries.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 15:06:00 )
@alorrena: Thank you very much! =)

I'm with you on that for baking. Bread is much more satisfying, and I just love pies and tarts.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/7 17:31:15 )

@Mathonwy: That's awesome that you baked a cake. How did it come out? Do you bake a lot? Also welcome to Voltra. ^^

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/7 19:12:22 )
@totalanimefan: Thank you very much! I think it came out pretty good! I don't usually bake cakes, but I do like to bake a lot. It's like alchemy, but with food!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/7 19:15:32 )
hihi welcome. i am new here too, well i started a few days ago but noone was posting so i had went off, how're you?!

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/7 19:37:08 )
@hands off the mangos: Hi! I'm pretty good, thank you! It's nice to see some other new people around as well posting. It can be difficult sometimes to jump into everyone's conversations, so I know how it feels, but everyone here is so very nice and welcoming and friendly! =D

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/7 19:59:12 )
Mathonwy:
@hands off the mangos: Hi! I'm pretty good, thank you! It's nice to see some other new people around as well posting. It can be difficult sometimes to jump into everyone's conversations, so I know how it feels, but everyone here is so very nice and welcoming and friendly! =D

So far yes!
I messed up by not replying cause i got discouraged the first day i joined 6 days ago due to the lack of reply for a few hours,
been hopping from one avatar site from another went looking and most i see are completely dead and i'm just trying to find a community to join that people actually chat in!

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/7 22:28:15 )
@hands off the mangos: Yeah, I understand that completely. I kind of got lucky because this was the first one I found and it's relatively active compared to the last time I tried an avatar community a couple of years back. I'm extremely online and frequently bored, so you'll probably see me posting as much as possible!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/8 02:08:51 )

@Mathonwy: that’s awesome. I don’t normally bake cause I just eat all of the sweets that way lol
What kind was it?

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/8 02:39:54 )
@totalanimefan: Thank you so much for the trade! ^_^ <3

It was just a regular yellow cake, and I whipped up some vanilla frosting. I really love that plain yellow cake! I think it came out good. It was nice and moist, but maybe not the best I've made.
It's just your friendly apple maiden!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/8 03:56:50 )

@Mathonwy: it’s no problem. I was trying to find out an Apple one but I don’t think we have any. I did get you an item that has a pie pose lol
Oh yum. That’s always good. ^^ is it completely homemade or from a box?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.