Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Game fixations

Donator — Trash Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 05:55:06 )
So I get this problem when I love a game. I play it to death. For HOURS a day. I'll skip meals, I will only go outside if I absolutely have to (ie work), I'll DREAM about the game...

I've done this with many different ones, but these are the first few that come to mind:

Pokemon. I played over and over and over, beating it every time (particularly X&Y), storing my best beasts in the pokebank so I could restart. Did this about 5-6 times.

Fallout 4. Ouch, this game got me good. I still play it every now and then. Over 1000 hours logged in Steam and about 8 different playthroughs. Railroad ending is probably the funniest, but the Institute ending is by far my favorite.

Animal Crossing. I hacked the shit out of this game (until it updated and blocked my homebrew entrypoint). Countless villages, countless hours of my life. At one point I just had it hooked up to a charger on my nightstand and would leave it on.

The Sims. On the Sims 3, I've been through so many generations of Sims, my game bloats and it takes 10 minutes just to load up. Sims 4 is easier on me, letting me get through roughly 4 generations before it even hinted at a long load time.

Are there any that you just *can't* put down? If not, how do you manage to walk away from it?

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 06:10:21 )
I usually have this problem when I get uninspired with art and get bored/depressed and need something else to occupy the bulk of my time. Most recently it happened with Haven and Hearth, a survival/sandbox MMO.

... But now, I've stopped playing the game, after a few weeks of really dedicated play, and trying to get my friends to join me.

This is always how it goes. ^^; I can't seem to commit long-term, consistently, to any game like that...
dear Lord I need a new signature someone help me

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 06:11:47 )
The first Borderlands did this to me, actually. I pulled several all-nighters and woke up literally anxious to play it again. I beat it and like every side quest within a week, lmao. AND THEN THE FIRST TWO DLCS.

Nothing since has really managed to do the same to me largely because of time. Jobs and stuff, etc.
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 10:38:46 )
Oh man I'll do this way too much.
Especially with games that have an actual ending. I tend to obsess over a game and play it non-stop (Mass Effect was so bad for this rip), then when I get close to it ending I'll just drop it completely and... never actually finish. :')

I blame Animal Crossing for my first proper game addiction.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 14:47:42 )

[x]

pls don't

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.