Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Queen Elizabeth II has passed away

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 18:39:12 )
    I am by no means a royalist, but this is deeply sad to hear. Everyone will grieve her, she has touched our lives in one way or another. Sad news… :( RIP Your Majesty, style icon.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 19:47:36 )
    @Borealis: he is already automatically king. The official coronation will take place very soon.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 19:49:30 )
    @Borealis: yep the country must always have a monarch. Unfortunately :/

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 20:25:00 )
@Borealis:
As of right now it's not known when Charles's coronation will take place. Last I heard Parliament is debating on whether to make it on Friday or wait until after the funeral, which is 10 days from now. Regardless,Charles is now King Charles III since the second the queen took her last breath.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 21:19:19 )

I'm not super into the family either but I still think it's sad. There is about to be a lot of change in the UK. The money will look different, no more God save the Queen, and other small things. I can't believe that she is gone. She ruled and lived for so long, I feel like we lost a link to the past.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 22:02:28 )
    @Totalanimefan: ugh yes I am not looking forward to all the little changes that are to come. Idek how we will adjust to the new national anthem.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 22:09:00 )

@sunny: Yeah I know what you mean. Just what we need, more changes. Someone else said that we will probably never see another Queen of England in our lifetime, and that also makes me sad. At least we all got to see her reach 70 years as the Queen.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 22:12:07 )
    @Totalanimefan: that’s right, it will be kings from here on out, until George has a daughter as a first born, or something happens to the others and Charlotte is crowned. It’s just a big upset for the whole country, so much is going to change and we really just don’t need more upheaval lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 22:14:06 )

@sunny: Yes to all of that.
And I agree 100%, there is already so much going on around the world and in the UK, you guys don't need more upheaval. I heard that there will be a period of mourning where parliament, the stock market and (I think) some business will close.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 22:16:22 )
    @Totalanimefan: oh I hope not. We are already seeing mass strikes and protests, which I support, but businesses etc closing??? Idk, it seems like the best thing and what the queen would have wanted is to get on with things as normal :/

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 22:17:29 )

@sunny: I think the businesses would be like banks and stuff. I don't think they mean Tesco. I saw the strikes and protests. And the new PM. Not really a fan of her lol

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 22:20:37 )
    @Totalanimefan: lmao I guess I over reacted XD
    Omg don’t get me started on the new PM :0 we didn’t even get a say in who it would be. I am also not a fan of her, idek if anyone is, but she is the one we’ve got. I wasn’t a fan of any of the runners up, since they’re all Tories :/

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 23:19:16 )

@sunny: I'm not sure what they would close, so make sure to check with the news or something. I was just assuming. ^^;
Yeah not a fan of that. There should have been an election, and I also just don't like her lol. Wasn't a fan of the others just like you. Maybe this will help the other parties in the next election.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 23:37:47 )
    @Totalanimefan: we haven’t had an election in what feels like forever :0 I am so ready for the Conservatives to be out!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 23:41:01 )

@sunny: Haha same. Although I do think it will take more than one cycle to fix what is going on. I saw some estimates that it could take the UK 10 years to recover from Brexit T_T

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Any Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/9 07:14:50 )

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::
finally

Please ping me!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/10 14:15:10 )
    milkshake:

[size=10]:::ʚ♡ɞ:::
    finally

[/size]

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.