Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — She/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 06:06:13 )
Hello everyone. I saw someone mention this site on Sapherna, so I though I’d come check it out. It looks nice so far. Also, the smileys are super cute.

Anyway, my name’s Ashley, and I like reading, Kpop, music in general, video games, etc. Recently, I’ve also been trying to learn Korean, which is both fun and difficult at times. Nice to meet all of you~

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 07:31:13 )
@Starlight: hey welcome to Voltra! (oh man I'm procrastinating so bad I should go to school soon)
My sister is super into K-pop stuff! She's actually going to be watching the SEVENTEEN concert today :0 I, on the other hand, feel more like a second-hand person with the music but I know a number of them now ; u ; (can't help but get LSS because she blasts it in the speakers...)

that's really cool that you're trying to learn Korean :0 I tried to do the same with Japanese a few years back but I haven't been practicing ; o ; I did get to try it out when I was visiting Japan though, and honestly the tour guide looked so delighted that I feel bad that I'm not using it OTL

also heckk video games are awesome, which ones do you play?

finally, we're trying to get 100 users online on October 8 (in the evening for America)! If we manage to reach it, we'll unlock a new milestone item and I'll be raffling off 2k volts to celebrate c: We appreciate it if you can come and join the party~

Voltie — DemonQueen Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 07:32:52 )
@Starlight: Welcome to Voltra, good to have you here ^^

Voltie — She/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 09:25:38 )
@Peony: Ahh, I love Seventeen! Your sister has good taste. I actually considered learning Japanese in the past, but I never really had the motivation for it. I think Korean would be more useful for me though, since I like Korean shows and music. Lately, I’ve just been playing Splatoon 2. I’m really excited for Super Mario Odyssey though. I’ll try to help with the milestone if I can~

@Lilith: Thank you!

Voltie — DemonQueen Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 09:27:10 )
@Starlight: No problem, how are you ^^
Taken<3

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 09:46:47 )
@Starlight: Ah yes! She actually puts a lot of pride in attempting to stan for a number of groups. B.I.G went here the other week and she also attended that concert. I actually learned Chinese before due to my school, so learning Japanese Kanji wasn't too hard because some of the characters were familiar. Korean is rather different from these two, but perhaps when you get more versed in Korean you could try to pick up Japanese anyway :0 (A lot of Kpop groups also advertise to Japan haha)

I haven't been able to pick up Splatoon because I don't have the consoles for it :( I was thinking of only buying the Nintendo Switch when the new Pokemon game would come out lol

Voltie — She/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 10:02:45 )
@Peony: That’s cool, I’d get overwhelmed if I tried to keep up with a lot of groups, so I only really keep up with two of them. There are a lot that I like and somewhat keep up with though. Ah, Chinese. I’d love to learn Mandarin someday. Korean would probably help with Japanese a little bit at least since they have similar sentence structures and grammar from my understanding. Pokémon games are always fun. Mario games are probably my favorite Nintendo games though; I’ve played them since I was little.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 10:16:09 )
@starlight: That's interesting :0 My sister doesn't really delve deep into many groups but she has a lot of their songs. So it's kind of like, she doesn't know the members but appreciates them anyway xD She tries her best to be supportive to more than just the popular groups.

Honestly even if I was taught Mandarin for 13 years, the teaching was rather poor so I barely retained anything. It gave me the muscle memory to write characters though lol.

I actually prefer Pokemon over Mario but I've played some Mario games when I was younger as well! I remember really liking Paper Mario on the Wii, and the time travelling game in the DS :3

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 23:00:59 )
@Starlight: I love the emotes too. I heard that we might be getting more? Also loving your username. It's great ^^ Welcome to Volta.

Voltie — She/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 23:07:02 )
@Peony: That makes sens! I do that as well then. I always try to give new songs a chance, even if I didn’t like a group’s past songs.

Mm, yeah, if you’re not taught well then that would definitely make it hard to learn properly. I remember trying to take Spanish in high school, but I gave up after my second year because our teacher went on maternity leave, and we ended up with a sub that didn’t know Spanish. I barely learned anything, so I didn’t see the point of going into Spanish 3 when I wouldn’t know the things I needed from Spanish 2.

That’s understandable, Pokémon is really good too~

@Totalanimefan: Thank you! New emotes are always fun if we do end up getting more~
★~~Questing~~★

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 23:16:11 )
@Starlight: Yes, these emotes are new, so if we don't get them it might be a little while. The site is currently in Beta, but we have been getting updates weekly, normally on the weekend. ^^
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 23:42:58 )
Hello! Nice to meet you.
It's really cool that you are learning Korean! You must have a lot of patience.
Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 20:36:12 )
Hi! Welcome to Voltra. I hope you like it here.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.