Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Mother's day was a day of mourning

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/9 08:26:20 )
My mother finally sold her dilapidated house. She told me this evening. She wanted me to come over and say goodbye to the house. It was for closure she said. I know it was my childhood home but I thought it was silly. I went anyways because It was mother's day.

I didn't think that was going to hurt as bad as it did. There were a lot of memories there. A lot of bad ones, but good ones too. Ones I completely forgot about. They all surfaced and now It feels like I'm letting go of a family member in a way. Like I haven't lived there in years but it still kind of hurts.

My mother needed to move but I'm also worried that this is going to impact her financially to the point where she can't retire. She planned to retire in a year and a half but I don't know if her pension will be enough. She'll now have to pay off a 150k mortgage instead of a 80k. Now isn't the time to buy a house with the prices as they are.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/9 13:39:40 )
I know what it is like to have to say good bye to your family house. It gets better over time though.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/9 16:50:39 )

I felt the same when my childhood house was sold. It's really hard, but time does heal mostly, and you can still think about all the memories you had there.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/9 18:33:05 )
say goodbye to your family home must be hard though! i hope you feel better someday :)
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.