Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Exchange [B] Bride/Groom of Death, Ruby, & more [S] -WIP- (Updated: 6.20.22)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 00:12:39 )

@Fizzgig: Freebie for you in your trades

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 02:56:22 )

@Totalanimefan:
Aww! Thank you so much!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 03:32:07 )

@Fizzgig: it’s no problem. I had some extras ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 03:32:25 )

How are you by the way?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 04:11:43 )

@Totalanimefan:

I’ve been doing pretty ok! I just finished a cross-country move to be with my boyfriend. Currently living at his place in Canada. It’s such a big difference from Louisiana. :viosweat:
But I love it here already.

How have you been? I saw you just moved as well!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 14:32:57 )

@Fizzgig: wow that’s so different. Are you gonna live in Canada forever? Are you able to be a nurse there? How was the move?
I’m happy for you. :) yeah I did but only 5 miles lol. It was a lot but at least it’s done now.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 18:12:56 )

@Totalanimefan:
I want to live here forever! That's the goal, anyway. I'm not able to be a nurse here as they have different college/university standards than the US. But, honestly, I don't want to stay in the medical field anyway. I loved my job and I loved my patients, even the mean ones, but the way the world in general handled COVID (especially the US) has made me really take a step back and re-evaluate a lot of things. I worked the COVID unit when the pandemic first started and, between the amount of death and suffering I'd seen and the absolutely disgustingly greedy hospital/facility administration, I just can't stomach being in that position anymore. The facility I worked the COVID unit at gave me a "You're a Hero!" t-shirt after a few months and I threw it in the TRASH in front of the building administrator, the same dude who's making BANK off of COVID+ patients but told the floor staff (you know, the actual frontline staff) that we weren't getting Christmas bonuses anymore. Yet you best believe the admin staff continued to get thousands of dollars as a Christmas bonus. I have a friend who's in admin and she told me alllll the nasty details.
Just an all around disgusting field to work in. I'm happy for all the travel nurses that can wring those assholes for every penny.

But honestly, I'm much happier with just my WFH job. Corner office with windows and 24/7 animal therapy available? Yes, please.

The move was a nightmare in almost every way, nothing went according to plan. And even plans B, C, and D were fucked in some way. A move that should have taken a week took 3, lmao. But I'm finally moved and settled in for now! It was worth it.
I'm a little jealous your move was so close lol. Mine was 2k+ miles away and it was ROUGH.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 18:44:51 )

@Fizzgig: I wouldn't want to stay in that field post-covid anyway.
My dad and this new wife are nurses in FL, so I know exactly what are you talking about. It's horrible.
I'm glad you like your new job ^^

I did a cross country move in 2020 and it was a nightmare. I can only imagine cross to another country!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 23:24:23 )

@Totalanimefan:
I bet they see some fun Florida Man stuff though. Well, hopefully. To make up for all the BS they have to put up with.

And yeah, bf and I promised that next time we move, we'd just pay for movers to pack up and bring our stuff to us. It might be expensive but I'd have paid a pretty penny to avoid those 3 weeks of hell lol. And I didn't even have that much stuff!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 23:29:17 )

@Fizzgig: My dad retired during the pandemic. He's also diabetic, and isn't always in good health.
It's worth paying for a person even though it's so expensive.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.