Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback Referrals System!

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/3 11:11:25 )
Since we're trying to get new members, I thought it would be a good idea to try formulating a Referrals System if the staff doesn't have one in the back burner yet xD

Do you guys prefer referral-only avatar items or Volts? Maybe even Ohms after a certain number of people join? Should failsafes be in place, for example they should post a certain amount before they're considered a valid referral?

Or do we do something like what Flight Rising does, where referrals mean that if they buy Ohms, you will get a small amount as well (there is a one time bonus for the first time this person buys I think).

Your thoughts?

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/3 11:35:39 )
Most of my usual crew doesn't take part in these sites (and those that do are here already, lmao) BUT referral incentives are always a great idea for new websites.

I like the idea a lot of posting enough to count, otherwise it could be easily abused by people with too much spare time.

If a referral-only item is made, I'd at least hope it be trade-able. ;w;
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/3 21:55:34 )
I do like referral systems, although I don't know how much they actually help. If your friend was going to join they would just join. But it can make us look like beggars on other sites.

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/3 22:58:33 )
We will most likely implement some sort of referral system in the future. I can't say what we'd offer, but I always enjoy pixeling new items! ^^ With the introduction of our Voltra mobile app I think it'd be a great idea to offer a referral system then, since you could send a text with a link to the Voltra app that will link your family and friends to it in the app store. (This actually just came to my mind due to your feedback, so thank you!) :bernard_happy:
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/3 23:02:51 )
@Fozzy: Yes, yes, yes to a referral system once the app comes out! I will totally try to get everyone to download it. XD
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/4 13:19:36 )
As much as i want these
I dont want to see us begging for member at everywhere ;u;
Most game where there is a referral system, the users are spamming the forum, playstore,fb,line,etc with their referral code making people backed off from joining instead xD

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/4 13:37:21 )
@totalanimefan:
@raxton:
yeah that's true, that's the downside to the referral feature ; 3 ; I've seen a number of places where they pay people with a different online currency to join other sites haha. Fozzy's idea is interesting though -- I would love to have an app for Voltra Online, making it almost a hybrid of forum and mobile app (with games hehe)

Hmmm well the spamming of referrals happens because of referral-exclusive items, so maybe it can be remedied if they're not necessarily new clothes? Or as I remember reading in this thread (it disappeared for some reason, or maybe i was just seeing things), the items can be traceable so that those who don't do referrals won't be pressured to refer people just to get the items. And also I guess if the goals to get all referral items are not big, it's okay?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.