Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Snow and Hay Bales

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/1 21:35:45 )
I was talking to my neighbor who was telling me about a snow storm his family survived when he was a kid. Over 20 feet of snow he claims. He said his dad kept going on and on for weeks about how they lost every chicken they had during the storm.

They only had one chicken.

My neighbor also said the storm got so bad that the town over flew in hay bales and dropped them out of the planes. One farmer requested that they drop the hay bales closer to his house. Those hay bales when hitting the ground were almost like bombs so when one of those bales went through that farmer's front porch he was not too happy. But I guess he got what he asked for.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/9 17:44:59 )
    That sounds kind of bonkers, right?

I only remember one snowstorm growing up and it happened on St. Patrick's day. I think it was something like 4 feet in a night and no one was prepared so announcements cancelling work or school weren't widespread. I remember trekking through snow to make a path that my siblings could follow behind me and we had to turn around when this municipal truck told us school had been cancelled.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.