Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games FFXIV Delayed

Donator — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/9 19:16:30 )
❝ 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆
𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚'𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒖𝒔 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 ... ❞

So FFXIV has been delayed 2 weeks, so it's now being released Dec. 3. I'm sad about the delay but I'm moreso worried for the devs and the crunch time they're experiencing.

:/

❝ ... 𝒔𝒐 𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈'𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
𝒘𝒆'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒇 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆
𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒔 𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏 ❞

Donator — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/10 15:50:57 )

@Stinky: yeah. In regards to the timing of the announcement, it was right after Q3 so I'm 100% sure that they announced it during the PLL for that reason, rather than announcing it on the Friday before - when the decision had been finalized.

But regardless, I'm seeing so many players putting so much hatred out right now and it's like... Endwalker has extremely high expectations on the coattails of Shadowbringers. Which means that things have to be *extra scrutinized*, QA has to work *extra hard* to make sure they don't miss anything, and have you *seen* those bags under Yoshi's eyes? I'm sure he's getting at most like 3 hours a day sleeping. But a lot of players seem to be taking this as a personal sleight against them and it's kind of... like... "what? why do you think they'd JEOPARDIZE their relationship with their fans, the goodwill of their players, just to double check that 'this' line of dialogue didn't conflict with what some random NPC 3 expacs ago said in a one off side quest?"

Donator — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/15 04:04:01 )

@Stinky: I literally had an argument with someone who I thought of as my friend before their entitlement came out... I would never end friendships over XIV per se, but their entitlement about the change was absolutely gross - he was saying how they should have posted it anyways and that Yoshi P. was probably lying and fake crying and could've told us sooner. Before this, he'd never shown a lick of that entitlement but... guess he showed his true colors.

I personally have gotten over my initial disappointment and am seeing this as an absolute win! I'm using this time to level all my alt classes to 80.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/30 13:32:13 )
I'm taking the delay in stride; if anything, it gives me more time to get at least one character into post-SHB content, if I don't finish 5.n before EW finally drops...

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/28 05:43:46 )
For the record, it was worth the wait.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/5 13:19:18 )
Yeah, I'm not very far into EW content, but from what I've seen? Whoa.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.