Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 09:46:55 )

[x]

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 10:13:59 )
I think what you're experiencing is just part of being human. We only have so much of ourselves to give, and sometimes we just want to keep what we have to ourselves, or give more to a certain someone. If you have a significant other, perhaps you spend a lot of time with them and that in part is taking away what you can give to others? It's not at all a bad thing, and I think you should keep reaching out despite how negative you may feel about it.

I guarantee you the person you stop interacting with will -not- take it as hard as you're assuming. We always fear the worst may occur as a result of our actions no matter how logical we may be, but people have a lot goin' on. You may be just one of many who feel this way... and the person you stopped talking to could have been trying to figure out how to say the same to you.

Communication's hard, man, but putting yourself out there doesn't have to be. Each time you attempt to converse, you try no matter how subconsciously to relinquish your guilt, and eventually it'll become second nature to keep at it.

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Donator — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 10:17:30 )
I totally understand. I've left people hanging countless times. Sometimes I just lose all energy to continue a conversation. I figure that they understand how I feel since they do it to me too. xD

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 10:22:12 )
@apollo im burning: Hey! You are NOT alone in this. I can say for sure that I do the same exact thing. I mean, I just stopped talking for a month with my closest friend. It does NOT sound stupid. You know, you could be introverted, or you could have social anxiety, or a mix of both.
Let me tell you though, nothing is wrong with you. You can't help how you are, and I think knowing that there are others out there like you will make you feel better.
If you ever need to talk to someone, rant/vent or anything, I'm just a PM away!

20-Lesbian
I'm randomly active bc of anxiety!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 10:36:19 )

[x]

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 10:54:13 )
I hope you get the energy/motivation to respond to your friend soon!

I tend to do the same thing, though, so I'll completely understand if we're having a convo and one of us stops. Sometimes its because I don't have anything interesting to say and sometimes it's because I don't have the motivation/energy. Typically, it's not a big deal and we can pick up at another time or have another convo at another time on the site.
returned 6/7

Donator — pancake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 11:07:01 )
I have this same problem. I'll be talking to someone and just stop because I don't have the energy to continue the conversation. Though it's not even that I think it would be rude to tell them I don't want to talk, but more so that I physically can't respond to them. I'll think about it and quickly stop because even trying to think of how would explain it to them is just too much for me to do. I often don't open messages on messenger because they'll know I've read them. That way, if I ever bump into them somewhere and they bring it up I can simply say I never got it and not have to explain that I was simply too depressed and/or exhausted to hold a conversation with them.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 11:30:36 )

[x]

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/5 01:44:50 )
@Apollo Im Burning: Its probably just some social anxiety and introvertedness..I have it too, I get so terrified of talking to new people I have to pace around before starting a conversation. Don't even get me started on conflicts, I am just a mess. I am also not very active on the forums because of what I would call crippling shyness. I find that the more you read about social anxiety and learn the symptoms, the more you understand yourself and stop blaming yourself for something you can't really control. Be happy with who you are. Learn what makes you comfortable. There is no need to beat yourself up for not being chatty, I know alot of people who are more comfortable listening than talking :)
A simple analogy that I find explains things abit better is batteries. Extroverts gain energy from talking to people and being around them but lose energy being alone. Introverts gain energy from being alone and lose energy being around people. If you are an introvert and are around people too much, your batteries get depleted so to speak and you need to recharge by being alone.

Always ping me please.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/5 03:02:55 )
I definitely get like that too. Maybe not quite as extremely as you do,mainly with letters, because it takes long enough to get one back that I've generally recovered enough to read i and write back. But like online, I definitely will just drop iff and not respond for sometimes even months depending on how I feel. Actually, I often don't talk to my local friends that much anymore one in particular is so exhausting to talk to or be around that I often will completely ignore and not read amy messages he sends me. I actually have tried explaining to him that he's an exhausting person for me to deal with, but he just doesn't get it.
XP

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/5 10:53:01 )

[x]

pls don't

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.