Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature -Just Working on a Story, Don't mind Me-

Donator — She, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 08:41:19 )
This is just a story I had done with a friend a long long time ago. It had been finished, but I had thought about adding to it a bit more. Please feel free to read along if you like. If you have any questions, ect, feel free to PM me.

Donator — She, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 08:46:11 )
Fiona let out a sigh as she walked through a forest. How she had gotten there, she didn't even know. It was so far from her home none of it looked familiar. "Where am I?" She asked herself softly, trying to see if she could find a town or something nearby to get some kind of help

Birdsong filled the air on this warm, cloudless summer day, the birds were soon joined in their song by a young male's voice that was about an alto in a language that seemed like it belonged to the birds; it was the Avian's own language in fact.
The young man sang as songbirds landed near or on his shoulders to chirp along with him. A smile graced his almost angelic features as he ran a hand through his brown-grey bangs as the rest was tied back in a braid. His warm brown eyes twinkled with the happiness he felt - a rare feeling in this age.

His clothes would draw one's attention first; they were simple pale grey fading to a darker shade at the ends and was looked like there was a split in between his shoulder blades. Secondly would be the large brown-grey, black and white barred wings that looked like if they were a Mockingbird's with half opened as he sang certain parts. It was almost as if she walked in on him while he was rehearsing for something.

Fiona watched in quiet wonder, never seeing someone like that before. She was starting to believe she wasn't anywhere near home at all. She gently sank onto what was a tree stump,"what do I do now?" she said very softly, trying to figure out how in the world she would get home.

The young Avian messed up a note when the closer birds suddenly stopped singing and scattered from the area she was close to. His once closed eyes opened and gaze in her direction. "Who's there?! I'll have you know you're trespassing on royal grounds!" He said lowly and with enough force to say that she was in potential trouble despite his voice slightly tinged with uncertainty.

Donator — She, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 08:48:27 )
His nation and the neighboring one weren't exactly on friendly terms as it was the human territory and most humans feared what was different. From his keen senses, he knew she was human - a very strange smelling one at that.

She gasped,"I... I don't know how I got here..." She murmured, slowly coming out of hiding,"I didn't know..." she was obviously scared now,"I was just trying to figure out how to get home.."

He tilted his head, not understanding a word she was saying, in total confusion - it'd probably helped if he hadn't played hooky during language classes. Like many of the other races, he disliked humans for their crimes against them.
Judging by the way this human girl was sounding she was frightened by him - so typical of humans. "I don't understand you human." He said curtly in his language as he had been the whole time, but seemed to ease up. "Do you understand any of the words I'm saying?" He questioned wondering if she did knew a lick of what he was saying.

She shook her head, wishing she could figure all this out. Apparently, he didn't understand her. She didn't really understand him either so she decided speaking was useless at the moment

Once more he sighed. Clearly, she didn't understand much of what he was saying either and wasn't about to get anywhere unless he took her to the human ambassador who was just barely tolerated to either act as an interpreter or cast the language spell on her as he had on himself.

He walked over to her with his palms facing her to show he meant her no harm. He had a dagger with him that looked pretty expensive at his waist and clearly visible. He hesitated when he was close to her and opened his wings, pointing to her then up like he wanted to take her somewhere.

She looked and felt unsure at first but nodded, feeling as though she could trust him.

Donator — She, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 21:13:54 )
He lifted her into his arms like a bride and flapped his strong wings to lift them with slight difficulty. He then soared out of the safety of the trees and into the open air.

He kept rising in the air until he got to a huge cloud that looked like a towering cloud in the distance. After an hour of flight, he once again rising in the air; the air was thinner and colder yet breathable. In the clouds was a massive city built on the clouds. he flew away from the small cloud-islands and headed to a castle.
Tightening his grip on her and dove down, bursting through a cloud and startling a flock of colorful birds which he quickly apologized to. He pulled up whizzing past even more startled Avian nobles and his elder brothers in his attention to get the human girl to the other annoying human before anyone knew what it was he was carrying.

A few minutes he came to a wing of the castle where a tower housed the world's ambassadors and slowed down.
In a courtyard was an older man with touches of gray in his hair and beard talking with a silver dappled-coated centaur who laughed heartily at something he said.

"Archmedes!" He called as the pair stopped talking and gazed up at the avian and quickly bow in respect.

"Yes young prince? How can I be of service?" The aging man said as he gazed up at him.

"This strange girl was found in the royal forest spying on me, she like other humans doesn't understand a lick of what I'm saying. Can you cast that language spell on her?" He asked set him down on the solid ground being kinda rough.

"O-of coarse Your Royal Highness." He stammered looking surprised that he of all avians wanted this.

"This is a surprise." The centaur muttered in equal surprise. He knew that this particular avian /wanted/ to talk with a human...especially one dressed so strangely.

The prince moved a good distance away, cautious of the man's magic as he chanted a spell which he blasted at her.
"Now, my dear, can you understand my words?" He said having given her the ability to understand the human's language.

She nodded,"Yes sir." she said softly, trying to keep calm and being polite,"I didn't mean to intrude or anything. I was walking home from work and I took a wrong turn and... well ended up here."

He smiled warmly. "That's good news. I'll 'hit' you with another spell that'll allow you to be able to understand the Avian's, the Centaur's respective languages and His Royal Highness here. Hold still please." He said chanting another spell and struck her with it.

"Can she understand me now Archmedes?" The Avian said casting nervous glances around.

The centaur chuckled. "Looks like someone is skipping his classes again, am I right Sir?" The centaur said as he watched him flinch. He was right.

"Swear you won't tell you saw me here!" The Prince said partially opening his wings as both agreed with young man.

"As to you previous question, Sir, I do believe she can understand all of us now." Archmedes said as he watched the prince say good then take off with her once again, leaving them both in confusion as he returned to the forest to hide out until it was closer to lunch time.

"Where are you from girl?" He said setting her down in the tall grass near the human-avian border.

Donator — She, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 21:15:04 )
"I'm from a small town called Summer Springs." She said, relieved to be back on the ground,"And I'm not sure how to get back."

The Avian looked puzzled. "I've never heard of such place. Where is it located? How large is it?" He said his demeanor went from uncertain to cold during the trip back.
However, the prince had realized he'd been followed by one of his elder brothers. Killing a human during this time would result in disaster and this prince had every reason to kill a human after what he had gone through.

The great horned owl winged brother watched, ready to pull his brother away from the girl. Luckily he knew the location of the nearby human village in case things went wrong he'd use his magic to send her there.

"It's not that big really." She admitted,"I... I never meant to trespass earlier... And I'm really sorry. I don't even know where I am so I could tell you where it is."

He scoffed at what he believed to be faking innocence. "Do you take me for a fool with that poor acting? I shall not pay such pitiful skills nor will I believe your lies." He said narrowing his eyes at her.
At this point you can see him restraining his feelings, he wasn't acting this way a short while ago. Perhaps something happened to him?

"There should be a human village that way, seek shelter there. Humans aren't welcomed in Avian territory." He said preparing to take flight home when maniacal laughter filled this deathly quiet air.

A robed figure appeared - a human dark mage - a short distance away. Pure unadulterated hatred and anger burned in the mockingbird avian's eyes. He didn't hesitate to attempt to charge at the mage dagger draw and glinting in the early evening light, only to have something shiny in the mage's hands then lock around his right wrist and the girl's left wrist which the glowing black chain jerked her in the same direction as the avian. In turn forced the avian to fall backwards.

"Enjoy being forced to be with this human, 13th prince, for she'll be the last female you'll spend your days with until like before." The dark mage said revealing to be a man about the same age as the avian as he laughed and vanished.
The prince shrieked in fury as he tried to give chase, pulling the girl with him only to be stopped by his elder brother.

"Stop it Roland! You're hurting her!" His brother cried resisting the enraged avian with his superior strength that came with the owl-blood in him and the training he recieved.

"Why should I care about human after what they did, Kade?!" Roland shouted, glaring at his brother.

"I know you're still recovering, but you MUST remember, not all humans are like that dastard. There ARE good ones, just like us. Besides, we have bigger issues to deal with first, like this." Kade said moving to help the girl to her feet and looking at the silver chain that connected the pair together. "I'm no expert at human magic, but this...looks pretty powerful. Let's go home, Miss Human, please forgive my little brother's behavior, one of your kind had dealt him a harsh blow to his heart and the wound's still fresh." He added looking pretty concerned about it and whispering the last bit to her ear.

Donator — She, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 21:19:35 )
Fiona didn't know how to react. She was going to try to find a way home when she was handcuffed to this so called "Prince" and dragged around like a ragdoll before his brother stopped him from further hurting her. She was obviously afraid now, holding back tears of pain as she was hurt during the prince's attempt to flea.

Roland growled, directing a further infuriated death glare at his brother. "Told you not to speak of that!" He shouted throwing a blow, only to be stopped by another's strength.

"Enough. You're embarrassing our family name /Roland/. Now calm yourself with a nap." Another Kade said headbutting Roland, in which Roland was out like a light. "To save from confusion, I'm Sade, Kade's twin. Please don't cry, it'll be alright Miss." Sade said in a soothing tone that held anger towards Roland who was limp in his arms.

"None of us will cause you harm as long as our shaky truce remains. Our sister will explain when we get home and Archmedes can look at this." Kade explained as he looked at her. "We could walk to the nearby cloud lift if you rather not have me carry you to Rollie's room." He added watching her reactions carefully.

"Whatever is easier for you." She said, her voice choked with the pain and tears she held back,"I don't want to be more of a burden than I already am." Her last few words came out as a soft whimper. In truth, she wanted to go home. She just wanted to go home. She hadn't meant to trespass and the thought of not being able to go home scared her

Kade lifting a hand above her forehead. "Let me tend to your wounds, I'm not the healer our sisters a-"
"Most of them, Kade." Sade interrupted with a smirk as Kade relieved most of the pain and closed the worse ones.
"Like most of our sisters are. You're no burden. Honestly. Sade and I never tell lies." He finish casting a mildly annoyed and playful glance at his other half and gently lifted Fiona into his arms. "We'll fly. It's faster that way. Now you might want to wrap your arms around my neck - not that I'll drop you, but with these turbulent times we can never be sure when the truce'll break - and keep your pretty face turned to my shoulder." He said.

Once she'd done that they took flight at the same time and soared to their castle in the sky, then glided to a balcony made of out beautiful marble. The twins walked with the pair to a large oak and emerald colored bed where Sade laid Roland on his bed and then pulled a chair next to where Roland slept for her.

"Kade'll go fetch our sister and I'll remain here in case walking trouble wakes up and to keep you company," Sade said closing his slightly darker wings. With that, Kade flew off to find their sister.

She had nodded quietly, still a bit sore but felt better. She looked over at Sade,"Um... If I may ask... what happened to cause such tension between you guys and humans?" She asked,"I don't think I've ever seen anyone like you and your family before." She was just so amazed by it all she couldn't help but wonder.

Sade sighed sadly. "It's always been like this. Humans always have feared, hated and killed us - and other creature born of the magic world, even those born in between from the rare union of human and 'Beasts'. They fear us because we are different and were blessed with gifts such as flight or strength and I'm sure humans always will." He explained he looked sad about the whole thing. "That wouldn't surprise me honestly. For over a hundred years Avians never left the clouds to set foot on the ground below. However, it was three generations ago when we re-established our connection to the world below. Thing went well..." He said

"For some time, we lived peacefully with all the other tribes. Then one day, it changed. Humans started hunting us left and right. Without mercy nor explanation, they just killed and killed. The Dragon and unicorn tribes were hit hardest of all - very few have survived the slaughter. We live in constant fear of being killed by humans for years, but now we live with a shaky truce made by the new human king who has sent trustworthy ambassadors to each of the tribes to live amongst them as a sign of good trust. The tribes have one of their own in the human castle grounds, but it has been some time since we heard from them." A beautiful white-winged woman finished for Sade as she entered and guided next to Fiona. She unlike the twins had silvery hair and cloudy green eyes.
"If you are treated with mistrust, do not hold it against us. It is because we grew up with fear of humans in our hearts and are a cautious race. Now hold still my dear so I can heal you as Kade has kindly asked." She said patting Kade's arm as a thank you and closed her eyes as she places her hands above Fiona's head. A warm, gentle light wrapped itself around her as all pain ebbed away.

Fiona looked absolutely horrified about what she was told,"Oh my god..." She said in a soft voice looking down sadly at the ground after being healed,"I... I had no idea... I never heard about any of this before... I'm so sorry... I know that doesn't mean anything... But I'll do whatever it takes to show I'm not like the others. I don't want to hurt anyone... I never did."

Donator — She, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 21:20:32 )
She laughed softly. "Don't be sorry, you're not to blame for any of this. I can sense it you are a kind soul. Kade and Sade wouldn't have brought me here if they thought you were tricking them. Roland on the other hand... he may be different because of that day and others will be untrusting; they barely trust Sir Kicade, you may know him as Archmedes. He's a funny man with so many stories. I take it my brothers never introduced themselves. The twins you see are Kade and Sade Kaiser, the one sleeping in Roland von Beilefelt, and I'm Anya van Crist, there are ten other surviving siblings all by the same father - some the same mother." She said gesturing to each of her brothers and felt for a chair that Sade had just vacated to give to his sister and guided her to it, who thanked him.

Sade remained by her side, like if her were her guardian who was well hidden. He stayed silent and nodded once when his name was mentioned.

Kade smiled an winked at his name in a friendly manner. "Yeah, dear ol' dad liked to chase noble ladies' skirts back in his youth. A lot of us went unnoticed until the war struck up and he needed an heir and poof! twenty for of us were found to be his children. Though.. we lost ten during the end of it." He said with a bittersweet smile.

"Kade, Sade, can I stay here a while? You two can make arrangements for Miss... uh, I don't believe I got your name?" Anya said leaving it up to Fiona to tell them her name or not while Roland groaned in his sleep as his face scrunched up in confusion.

"Wow.... I see...." Fiona said softly, still taking it all in. She felt all sorts of things right now. Fear. Sadness. Anger. Worry. All of it swirled around her mind as she thought of the aweful things that had happened to these beings because of humans. It made her hateful of her kind and she was starting to wish she was anything but human

She looked up as Anya spoke to her, blushing a bit in embarassment,"Oh, my name is Fiona." She said softy

The twins nodded, knowing that she would be the best one to calm Roland down if he should wake as they went to set things up for Fiona, not hearing her name.

Ayna's eyes widened for a moment. "Oh dear. Don't feel any ill will towards other humans. We all know there are good with the bad." She said reaching for her hand. "Fiona's a beautiful name. I'm sure Kade'll try to flirt with you - he does have more of father's blood in him and you'll have be very clear with him. He's a bit clueless when it comes to subtly hints." She said laughing lowly so Ro could get more rest.

Fiona blushed a bit, looking surprised,"I can't help it." She said quietly,"I feel absolutely terrible about all of that even if I had nothing to do with it. If it wasn't for the fact I am human, I'd wish to never go back home after hearing all that. Not that i have anything to return to in the first place."

Anya's smile faded a tiny bit. "Don't you have family waiting for you? No friends either?" She said frowning a bit fiddling with her pastel and white colored dress.
She gentle tugged on the chain that linked Fiona to her brother, it gave some distance between, but not enough for her to go any further than the door to his inner room.

Roland groaned and shifted a bit before he grumbled. Then woke. "Huh? Urgh! My head's splitting...wait... Where are those two jerk?! I'm going to huh....Anya?" Roland said swaying a bit from dizziness and calming down.

"Calm down, Ro. You were getting too angered. Remember we are part of the royal family. All eyes of the common-folk are watching us, especially in this trying time, for any signs of time internal or with outside forces. So think before you act, besides you gave Miss Fiona a terrible fright you cloud-for-brains!" She scolded her brother who flinched.

Roland had always been afraid of Anya's anger - she was far worse than he - and always caved to her. His gaze went from his sister to Fiona with shock. Fiona was his fiancee's name, his eyes shined a bit brighter than they were and looked away.

"Your chain doesn't give you much distance from one another, so you're both going to have to work together to get through this." She said softly.

Donator — She, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 23:38:07 )
"No... I don't have anything... No friends, no family... My mom died when I was 18... she was murdered in a case of mistaken identity. My father is a drunk and abusive." She said softly, not liking to talk about it much. She looked over, fearfully as Roland looked up, cringing slightly and ready for him to be furious with her once more

: Roland cast a quick glance at Fiona and turned away from them, laying back down. "Sorry..." He muttered not wanting to say anything stupid. Nor make things worser than they already were.

"Roland, play nice. I must get back to current queen's side, she's still ill." She said rising from the chair and patting his hip thinking it was his shoulder as she let herself out, remembering the layout to Roland's room.

Once Anya left the room, he didn't budge an inch from where he laid. He figured he'd best stay quiet and keep his anger from spilling over again so he entertained himself with plotting an elaborate revenge prank on Sade when he got this thing off.
He gently tugged on the chain the was connected to his wrist, which made the half of the chain tink together. He sighed. They'd probably be in this mess for a while or at least he could locate a remedy or the bastard that caused this and his lover's death.

Fiona looked over at him quietly and then at the floor. She knew he still disliked her and she could understand that completely. She wanted to apologize to him. For everything. But instead of of speaking she remained quiet, not wanting to anger him more

After an hour he started to get fidgetty, completely bored after memorizing a grand plot for his revenge. He let out a short groan as he sat up twitching his wings once and stretching his arms over his head along with the chain.
He stole a glance at Fiona, curious if she had fallen asleep while he schemed. The rumble in his belly signaled that it was probably close to dinner time. How was he going to explain a commoner at the dinner table.

"Maybe...a wander-prone body slave? That could work. Urgh.. how am I going to explain this to father and the ever-bulling brothers of mine. Perhaps I can request to not eat at the grand table this once and have the servants bring diiner to my study?" He thought a loud flopping back down and groaning.

Fiona was still awake, but silent. She was lost in thought, unsure of what to do or to say. She winced slightly at the word "slave" but wasnt going to argue about it. She was waiting to be killed on site for being somewhere most humans wrrent able to go.

Laying there, he figured she'd comment about the being called a slave. All creatures that could talk always complained about that.
"Any bright ideas?" He asked hearing the slight movement from her. "Or do you intend to fake sleeping?" He added, rolling over onto his side to look at her with a unreadable expression.

"No I don't have any ideas." Fiona murmured in a soft defeated voice. She was feeling the situation was hopeless and she didn't think she would ever be able to get home.

Roland's expression softened a bit. "You...really belong to another world don't you? Archmedes and several others the delve in the stars mention their being a possible other world existing beside ours. I thought it was nothing more than their fantasy." He said moving to the edge of his bed and sitting there.

"It's more than just fantasy my boy! This young lady here is living proof that there IS another world that exists parallel to our own home! Tell me, do dragons and fairyfolk exist in your world as well?" Archmedes said with triumph in his voice and entering so abruptly that it startled Roland.

She shook her head,"No. They don't exist where I am from. And I always dreamed of seeing a dragon and things like that but I grew up learning in my world they don't exist."

Archmedes frowned moving beside the pair. "That's a shame. Is it same to assume all other children of magic don't exist? I'm afriad to say, Dragons are a rarity here and only a few know where they nest at now so your chance of seeing them is very slim my dear. Anyway, I'll save my questions of your world for a later date if you wish to share that information, now let's have a looksy at this chain.."He said kneeling down to examine the chain 'Hmm-ing' every now and again. After a few minutes he took out his glasses to study it with more detail.

Shortly he removed the glasses that added to his aged appearance and sighed. "I'm afraid I have bad news for you two. This is very strong type of link magic which'll last until either of your deaths or you manage to release the spell. I'm not strong enough alone to remove it, for that I do apologize with every centimeter of my existance. There is hope though; maybe the eldest dragon could free you or you can track down the caster and defeat him to break it." He said with a half-hearted smile.

Roland growled, his feathers on his wings fluffed slightly in annoyance. "Just wonderful... We're going to be stuck like this for the rest of our lives! Urgh!" He complained flopping back in dispair.

Fiona looked down sadly,"I don't have anything or anyone waiting for me at home anyway so I'm only sad that I'll be a burden here." she sighed and used her free hand to cover her face.

The aging man rose to his feet, gently tugging Fiona to her feel and pulled her into a hug filled with the warmth of a parent. "There, there my dear. You'll be no burden, so chin up. Things will work out for you, you'll see. I know you have an inner strength that is as strong as any magic and if you'll accept a aging man to be your friend in this world, my home will always be open to you my dear either way." He said gently pulling back to look her in the eyes as he talked like a father would to a daughter, and in an attempt to encourage her.

Archmedes' gaze when to the muttering and complaining avian who seemed less interested in consoling a frightened and heart broken girl who was just mistreated.
'That boy needs to learn to respect humans a little more, but I can't fault him for acting this way. It was the same feeling of hurt when my daughter was murdered by heartless men.' He thought sadly as his gray eyes teared up, but didn't fall at the painful memory.

She smiled at him sadly,"Thank you." She said,"I do appreciate that very much." She used her free arm to hug him back, glad that at least someone would look out for her in this strange new world.

Archmedes nodded hugging her once again. "Roland'll come around. He's usually a nice fellow, granted he does have a bit of one-track mind when he's excited or angry. If that happens when you travel, just mention what Anya would say and he should calm down right away. He and Lady Anya are very close. Stay away from the raven-winged brother; they will start throwing punches the moment they see one another so, for your sake, avoid him at all costs even if it irritates Roland." He whispered in her ear.

"Like I was saying I'll teach you everything you need to know about this world if you want me to as well as maybe seeing if you are able to wield magic as well. I'm a well known magic teacher. However, I must take my leave my dear. Anya will also be your friend, I can see she likes you in her smile when I passed her by and dinner will be here shortly - much to the displeasure and understanding of your father, by your leave Your Highness." He said as he bowed to Roland.

Pixel Art by the talented Neko~ Thank you so much, Neko! <3
Both a just adorable~ :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart:

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.