Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee newbie here!

Donator — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 13:04:25 )
❝ 𝒘𝒆’𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆’𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆
𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚’𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒖𝒔 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 … ❞

Hihi! I heard of voltra years ago but was way too busy to join at the time and forgot about it :(

But then as I was looking for avatar forums to join (they hold such a special place in my heart!) I found it! I love the art style so much and already decided to make it my forever home of avatar forums! I also love how close knit the community feels having just browsed around. <3

I’m a tiny FFXIV twitch streamer and artist, I enjoy anime and listen to pretty much any genre of music, and I love Harry Potter, the MCU, and BNHA!

I hope you’ll have me here!

❝ … 𝒔𝒐 𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈’𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
𝒘𝒆’𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒇 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆
𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒔 𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏 ❞

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 16:25:42 )

@vioxeri: Hi welcome to Voltra! We are happy to have you. The community here is pretty welcoming so please feel free to jump on in. We also have a Newbie Guide Here.
Let me know if you need anything or have any questions. ^^

What sites were you apart of in the past? ^^

Donator — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 17:57:40 )
❝ 𝒘𝒆’𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆’𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆
𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚’𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒖𝒔 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 … ❞

@Totalanimefan: I used to be on Sapherna wayyyy back when (I joined when Crysandrea shut down and released their source code - I was also part of Crysandrea!) I think I might’ve also made an account on Ernya but was a bit daunted by all of the avatars being VERY well-cluttered ahah.

I wish I remembered my usernames ahah, unfortunately I was but a wee lass who didn’t know how to name anything so they were probably UNs like “Moonshine64” or something!

I have a gaiaonline account now but I find it so hard to look cute due to how bloated and expensive their marketplace is.

❝ … 𝒔𝒐 𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈’𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
𝒘𝒆’𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒇 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆

Voltie — Caffeine Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 19:28:33 )
There is protection from near everything, from fire and damages from storm and frost

Welcome to Voltra! I'm loving your art style ~

Gosh I miss Ernya and Sapherna. I always lurked more than posted, but still loved visiting and "people-watching" and designing avatars.

But naturally we filter through the same channels and a lot of Ernyans and Saphernans made their new homes here! The community is filled with kind and unique folks. No doubt you'll fit right in. c:

oh, add whichever blows may come to mind, but there is no protection from mankind.
There is protection from near everything, from fire and damages from storm and frost;
oh, add whichever blows may come to mind, but there is no protection from mankind.

Donator — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 19:40:42 )
❝ 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆
𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚'𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒖𝒔 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 ... ❞

@Minerva: Ahh! Tysm! :vanora_sweat: It's a WIP style if I'm being honest ahah, I can never be 100% consistent.

Also yeah. Sapherna was my home for a long while - but I can't even remember how old I was when I stopped going on there as it was probably close to 7-ish years ago. It's so weird to think of time like that ahah! I actually just found a 2012 relic from when I had just turned 13 - a Bleach roleplay on Crysandrea...

Anyways, it's nice to see a home for those of us who still frequent these small corners of the internet!

❝ ... 𝒔𝒐 𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈'𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
𝒘𝒆'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒇 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 20:02:35 )

@vioxeri: You were apart of Crys like you were on their staff?
I was on Ernya and I loved that site. It was my internet home. Now here is my internet home. ^^
Of course I have a Gaia account, I made one in 2006. I'm very rarely on it. I don't really want to see Gaia fall because I have a lot of great memories there but also none of my friends are on it and the market is out of control.

Donator — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 20:09:10 )

@Totalanimefan: Ah no sorry, my bad that was crummy wording ahah. I was just a regular user on the Crys community!

Gaia is definitely... a hard pill to swallow. I never made a lot of memories on there but it was such a pillar of the community and it's turned into ... some weird amalgamation of corporate greed and garish items.

Donator — buckaroo Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 21:00:42 )

@vioxeri: Welcome! Love that you have an art gallery already, so cute!
I just know you'll feel right at home here :')

Donator — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 21:03:53 )

@icedchai: ♥ I wanted to make a little hovel for myself for my first day ahah! I always get excited finding active sites that engage in early-2000's-esque forms of communication!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 21:41:41 )

@vioxeri: No problem. It would have been cool if you were though lol
I totally agree on your take about Gaia. I wonder what Gaia would be like now if Lanzer never would have sold the company in 2009/2010-ish. I wonder if there would still be bad inflation? I wonder if there would be more people on Gaia? Obvs people will 'grew' out of avatar and forum sites and others like Social Media better, but I like the semi-anon style of forums. I feel like you get to know the people well instead of just seeing people post political stuff, or feeling FOMO

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — buckaroo Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 21:47:57 )

@vioxeri: ho yeah! Something about bbcode and pixel sprites make me feel alive again.
Real life got me dead inside, lol. Voltra is definitely my online safe space. :')

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.