Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Fake Smiles

Voltie — It or She Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/26 19:50:28 )
Anyone else here feel as if you have to be happy all the time but you can't smile anymore so you pretend that you are happy just so no one knows that you are just so tired to do anything anymore.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/26 20:22:15 )

@Hazbin: I can relate. For me it's my Dad's side of the family. No one is allowed to talk about things that are negative in any way. You can't bring it up, you can't talk about what's making you angry or sad. It's weird.
I remember when my Grandma died (I was very close to her) and then not even 24 hours later my BF that I cared about broke up with me.
I was 16 atm, and I was very depressed and my aunt told me that I couldn't be depressed because I was only 16 and that I'm just sad.

That stayed with me until I went to therapy. I thought that I wasn't 'allowed' to be depressed and that's something that others feel. It messed with me.

Now I don't see my Dad or that side of the family much.

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/26 20:56:33 )
@Hazbin: i think everyone can relate This feeling. We all have this time in our lives
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Voltie — It or She Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/26 22:15:05 )
Yeah I know but I started to feel this way at the age of 6 and i was taken from my birth parents and put in foster care. I was in foster care for 7 years until I met my mom who adopted me and my lil bro who was only 7 at the time. I was 13 when i meet my mom and 14, the day after my birthday, when I was adopted. I life was shit before I met my mom and it is less shitty I guess.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/28 01:18:49 )

It's hard when you have been around different families. Especially when growing up. Just know you aren't alone in your feelings.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 02:55:17 )

I definitely feel I have to be happy all the time. I am a people pleaser, which is one of the reasons I struggle with this. I will say it makes my mental health worse. I have this horrible habit of making sure that everyone else is happy and content, even if it inconveniences me. For example: I let my coworker go to lunch because she had some tasks she needed to complete once she got back that I am not trained to do. When she got back from lunch, instead of being able to go to lunch, I had stayed to help her with some of the tasks that I could do, even though I was hungry and had skipped breakfast. I didn't get to take lunch until almost 3pm. Why you ask? because I couldn't leave without making sure she was able to function without issues.

I do this with literally every one. Everyone in my life, even if we have just met. I have been trying to work on it, but clearly it is still an issue for me.

I am sorry you are struggling. I can definitely relate. If you ever want to talk about it/vent about it, or just want someone to be there, I am here for you.

Jacklene
Image bought on The Underground. Due to photobuckets new policy, unable to get the name of artist.

Voltie — It or She Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 16:59:11 )
I have a poem called fake smile that why the place is named after it here ir is
I fake a smile every day
To hide my pain
The sorrow I feel
The hollowness that's real

I hold back tears that suddenly appear
The sadness that is causing my madness
The hole in my chest that has nothing left
It is all a show for all that I know

Here's the final act
I am never going back
The life I had is over
Goodbye to those who did care
Because I will no longer be here
Live your life better than mine
So you don't end up dead inside

Voltie — It or She Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 17:01:14 )
I usually write when I am depressed but i like to write poems like this because it is real and not fake

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.