Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Double Trouble

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/14 04:28:38 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

"...damn it, fine." Ash growled.

The two quickly made their way outside, where Lindsay rushed to greet them, but Ash spoke up before he could say anything.

"I'm fine. Head back home." he told him. "Erica says she's gonna crash soon, needs to help Kiah. I'll take her there, then take them both to the Unit for medical treatment and recovery." he explained. "I'll give more details when I'M back home." he added.

"...all right." Lindsay conceded. "See you later, Erica." he said to the young woman.

"Bye." Erica replied bluntly.

"..." Lindsay was then silent, before stepping back and disappearing in a burst of red flames.

"All right." Ash said to her. "Let's go." he finished, as he gently grabbed her elbow, avoiding her hands purposefully, and the two disappeared in a burst of black flames, appearing in Sydney's home, just outside the door to the room Kiah was in.

"If she's home, she'll come find us." Ash told her.

"I'll head in first and quell that rune."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/14 04:34:03 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Erica nodded.

"Please do." Was all she said, not interested in succumbing to that. If it was after contact was made, then that would be fine. However, chances were, she was sure, that she wouldn't be able to even get TO Kiah without ash's help.

Sure enough, when Ash entered the room it wasn't hard to tell that the rune was completley out of her control.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/14 04:54:20 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Christ almighty." he muttered to himself as he shut the door behind him, so the rune wouldn't escape. He could see it bouncing all around, desperate to spread out as far as it could go.

But it then seemed to 'latch onto him' when it found a 'target'.

He responded to this by putting out a tiny rune that surrounded his feet, keeping Kiah's at bay, and looked at the woman that was causing the rune.

"..." he was silent, about to say something, but realised that it would probably be met with snark and anger. So, he merely decided to focus everything he had into his own rune, and pulsed it out as strong as he could.

Thankfully, Sydney's mirror room contained it, but it absolutely obliterated Kiah's rune.

"You good?" he asked her. "If so, got someone here that'll stop this crap from happening." he told her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/14 04:56:00 )

"....." Kiah was silent for a few seconds

"... Please... I .. I can't control this, I can't take it." She said, and there was definitely a plea to her voice. She was begging him for help, any help.

"I almost wish for death over this." She admitted

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/14 05:15:44 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Thankfully, that won't be needed." he told her, stepping to the door and knocking on it loudly.

"COME IN!" he yelled to Erica.

"And don't shut the door behind you!" he stressed, before making his way back over towards Kiah.

Once he was standing behind her, he put out a rune that spread out around the both of them, but its sole purpose was to stop Kiah's rune from lashing out AGAIN, as he knew how quick it was to do so.

Once Erica was close enough to touch Kiah, he would release his rune.

"Oh yeah, to speed this up, because she asked me, where was the place you were last touched with someone's hands, before you starting acting like this?" he asked her, aiming to speed up this process. For Erica's sake, mostly.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/14 05:42:57 )

Kiah was silent as Erica entered the room.

"Upper arms." Erica answered, having heard the question.

"As she said.' Kiah commented. "Easy enough to see."

Erica approached Kiah and laid her hands on the exposed skin through the burned sleeves, and as the prints were fading, Ash could feel it too. Feel Kiah's rune not fighting against his.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/14 06:01:54 )
Forgive, O Lord,

As soon as he felt that Kiah's rune wasn't fighting his, he dropped his own and took a step back. As he did, he crossed his arms over his chest, sighed, and shook his head, looking around.

"Wonder place, this area..." he mumbled.

"Anyway, glad THIS went quickly." he said. "Kiah, that rune was REALLY something else." he told her. "Gonna need to let Mom know about it." he went on, referring to Rowena.

"And you may need some additional help controlling it." he continued.

"Anyway, how y'feeling now?" he asked.

"More stable?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/14 06:04:02 )

Kiah was silent for a few secconds before nodding, but not moving otherwise. She was just sitting on the floor, watching her own reflection in the glass beneath her.

"Yeah.... Gonna stay here for a bit though." She added.

"Why?" Erica asked, her voice curious.

"Because that rune really took a lot out of me." Kiah answered

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/14 06:34:04 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...okay, fair." Ash admitted.

"I can understand that." he said.

"Well, Erica, I suppose we should be getting YOU back to the Unit, so you can continue your recovery." he told Erica. "And get your HANDS looked at, too..." he mumbled further.

"Kiah, is there anything we can do for you right now?" he then asked his cousin.

"Any food or anything brought to you?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/14 14:51:00 )

"Bring me something hard in about an hour" Kiah answered honestly.

"Because I feel like I'll need it." She added.

Erica was silent for a moment, looking to her hands. They hurt, but they felt better than she had expected, considering she had touched a Fyrane and been burned as a result. Then again, she suspected maybe it was because of the mana that the curse of the Fyrane mana used.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/15 00:49:37 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash looked to Erica for a moment, sighed, and looked back to Kiah.

"Hour. Hard. Got it." he said.

"Come on, Erica." he told the other woman. "We should go." he said.

"Get you back to the Unit where you can properly crash and get treated." he went on.

He was then silent, shaking his head.

"...and figure out what to do about Vanessa, going forward." he then growled.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/15 00:51:27 )

Erica was silent for a moment before nodding.

"Yes." she agreed, knowing that he was right.

"Mana?" She asked. "I assume so."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/15 01:15:06 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Yeah." Ash replied.

"I'll use my mana to get us directly to the medbay there." he told her.

"And Kiah, I'll make sure Sydney knows what's up here." he then said to Kiah. "We'll leave the door open, obviously, and make sure it won't shut and trap you in here." he went on.

"Want me to tell Ilias that you'll be fine?" he asked.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/15 04:19:36 )

Kiah nodded.

"Yeah... please." She said. "I just.... I need to just calm the fuck down after all that, and come to grips with reality again."

"I donb't doubt it." Erica commented honestly.

"I'm sorry I wasn't quicker." She added.

"Don't sweat it." Kiah responded. "Just.... at some point, I would love knowing what the hell happened."

"Yeah... of course." Erica answered with a nod.

"Now you two, get out of here." Kiah stated.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/15 04:32:56 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash and Erica nodded to her, and the two then left the room, making sure the door was left open. Once they were out of the confines of the place, the two disappeared in a burst of black flames, appearing in the medbay, in the room used for emergency transport/teleport.

When they walked, out, they saw Nate and Angela talking to each other, and when the two had noticed their return, Ash raised a hand.

"Relax." he said.

"Don't go and flip out, just take care of Erica." he told them, as he and Erica closed the distance.

"And check her hands." he then stated. "Burns to tend to."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/15 04:38:21 )

Angela was silent for a moment before nodding.

"And you?" She asked, her voice curious. Ash just shook his head.

"I just need to worry about my family, and deliver some news to Ilias and Agent Sharp. Otherwise, I'm fine, and I will be even better shortly." He answered.

"Ahh, all right then. Take care of yourself." She then said. "You're welcome to head off while Nate takes care of Erica."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/15 04:58:23 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Nate looked to Angela, nodded, and then he and Erica headed off so he could take care of her, patch her up, and heal her palms. As Ash watched them go, he sighed and looked back towards Angela.

"She's ready to collapse. Told me so, herself." he told her.

"Hence why she wanted to get to everyone that her copy had gotten to before that happened." he went on.

"And I'm willing to bet the instances of her disappearing from her hospital room will... pretty much all but cease now." he then added.

"But yeah... I'm fine. Just... was under a LOT of stress trying to keep my rune in check. Much like Kiah was." he continued. "Difference being she... well... don't expect her to be at full power for a little bit."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/15 05:00:36 )

Angela nodded.

"So long as you guys are good." she commented.

"If time is needed, then she'll have the time needed." She added. "Knowing Hal, he's going to let this count as paid time off, too."

"Or injury, point is. Even if she's without work for a bit, she'll still be paid her average, I think."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/15 05:21:08 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"I'll tell her that when I go see her next." Ash replied.

"But I need to tell Ilias so he doesn't worry himself sick, and then tell Agent Sharp so he knows what the hell is happening." he reasoned.

"And yeah... she should be more cooperative now." he re-stated.

"Should be. Depends." he sighed.

"Regardless... Vanessa Encrae's gone too far now." he growled.

"I swear it's coming to a head, and something's gotta give. And SOON."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/15 05:23:57 )

"If you want to go and try talking to her copy, I'm sure Hal'll let you." Angela commented, thinking about it.

"I'm not sure, but there's a decent chance. I don't think Roxie's having much luck getting information." She added.

"So I'm really not sure. However, if you have any chance of getting information from him, I'm sure Hal'll allow it."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.