Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Double Trouble

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 07:43:57 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

"Hm? A question?" Nate responded.

"Of course." he told her.

"No reason why you can't, after all." he reasoned, continuing to smile.

He set down his clipboard and pen, stretching his arms out over his head for a moment, before looking at her.

"Can't guarantee an answer if I don't know it, though." he laughed.

"Anyway, what is it?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 07:57:42 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Erica looked out the door, not even seeming to acknowledge Nate for a moment.

"I... I can feel someone here." She stated.

"Who...? I ... don't recognise it." She added, not realising why she could feel their presence. However, there was someone there that a couple of people had asked about.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 21:54:33 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"..." Nate was silent for a moment, sighing.

"It's probably Sariel." he told her. "As in, the archangel Sariel." he said further, merely confirming it.

"She tried to help Agent Sharp and Cameron/Alicja a bit ago, but... well... it ended up massively backfiring, and she's... she's now in a coma." he informed her. "She cannot be moved up to the angelic realm, because what did this to her is preventing that, so we're trying to do all we can down here." he went on.

"...it's something that's stressing out Gabriel, Uriel, Zeke... a few more..." he continued.

"But we're trying our best to try and wake her... or even remove what's keeping her down and out." he finished.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 21:56:51 )

Erica was silent for a moment.

"... Sari's down." She said quietly.

"Do you know WHAT is keeping her down?" She asked, in the most words for a line that she'd given so far.

"You said try to remove it. Do you know what?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 22:30:54 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Again, Nate sighed.

"All we know is that it's mana-based, and it's tied to Vanessa." he told her.

"And it seems to be STRONG. And... it's unlike anything we've seen before." he continued.

"The best way we can describe it is... like some sort of advanced curse." he muttered.

"As I said, it happened when she tried to help Cameron, thus interfering with Vanessa. Thus, that backlash." he said further, shaking his head a little, but making note about how Erica was suddenly a little more talkative.

"Sadly, because of this contract that Vanessa has, there's only so much we can do, as celestial and infernal help is barred away from her."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 22:36:55 )

"Yeah.." Erica said. "I get it." She added, glancing down to her hand for a moment.

Nate didn't hang around for much longer, before heading out to do as he needed, along with that he wanted to contact Gabe on her behalf for food.

While he was doing so, Erica couldn't stop herself, before getting to her feet. She wasn't in the best of shapes, at all, but at least she could do this. At least, she hoped she could.

She made her way out of her room after disconnecting herself from everything, and with a hand trailing on the wall in case she couldn't keep herself up on her own, she found her way to Sariel's room, that mana signature guiding her beautifully.

Unbeknowst to her, while she was there... Gabe showed up with some food for her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 22:56:28 )
Forgive, O Lord,

It had been surprisingly easy to convince Gabe to make her some food. Asriel and Raphael noted that all it took was Uriel coming to him and stating that Erica had specifically said she wanted to eat something made by HIM, to get him from sulking and growing angrier, to being hopeful again. He threw those negative emotions out the window right there and then, and proceeded to make her something he KNEW she would like. He made her waffles. Waffles with that little hint of ambrosia in it. Not enough to get her on the frisky side, but just enough to make it so that flavours of everything were boosted.

He made his way to the room and stepped inside, not 100% paying attention, as he set what he'd brought down on a nearby table.

"Frankly, I'm surprised you asked for-" he started to say, turning towards the bed, and finding it empty. She was disconnected from everything, and looked to have just vanished.

"Wh-what?" he muttered.

"Erica!?" he exclaimed, looking around, and then darting out the door and looking up and down the medical bay.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 23:06:07 )

While Gabe was freaking out about Erica seeming to be missing, she was sitting on Sariel's bed next to her, with her exposed curse arm laying over her heart.

"I don't... I have no idea if this is going to do anything, but..." She said quietly before sighing, and concentrating. As she did so, everyone could feel the change in the air, but no one could place what it was.

It took almost everything she had, and then some, but what was essentially a mana lock on Sariel shattered. Everyone in the wing, and even some outside it, heard it too.

"... now I really need to eat." Erica said quietly as she looked to Sariel's vitals. They were better than when she came in. Erica got to her feet, but quickly found she just couldn't stay up for longer than a second, and sank down to the floor, leaning against the bed.

"Ah ... hell."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 23:27:08 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The first one to respond to this was Gabriel. He was already on high alert, and such a powerful sound echoing out gained his attention quickly. Honing in on it, he rushed to where he'd heard the core of it from, stepping into the room, and ending up almost stunned at what he saw.

"Erica!" he exclaimed, before noticing WHERE he was.

"S-Sariel?" he muttered.

"What...?" he wondered further, as Nate came rushing in next.

"What happened here!?" he asked, seeing Erica in the room with Sariel.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 23:32:26 )

Erica was silent before laughing lightly.

"That... She should wake... soon." She said after a few seconds.

"Just... took a lot to do." She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 00:01:03 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Gabriel knelt down close to her, and placed his hands on her shoulders.

"Erica..." he said.

"How...? Why...?" he asked, before shaking his head.

"Erica, are you all right?" he asked her.

"You said Sariel should wake soon, but what did it cost YOU to do that?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 00:02:48 )

"Dunno." Erica answered, laying her head back.

"sanity? Maybe?" She asked, knowing he couldn't answer that. There was no way that anyone could.

"They are there. They are how she was rendered like this." She continued.

"I just removed them. Because I'm cursed. Twice now."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 00:25:03 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...." Gabriel was silent, before looking at Sariel.

"I... I do sense no chaos coming from her now..." he admitted.

"But... Erica..." he said further, before instinctively wrapping his arms around her.

Nate saw this and had a moment of trepidation. She freaked out whenever someone entered the room.

How would she react to THIS?

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 00:30:59 )

Erica was silent, trembling as Gabe wrapped his arms around her. As he did so, he felt them. He could literally feel her curse, when he's normally completely immune. He could feel the markings on her skin, writhing around.

They felt as if they were physically there, not just on her skin. And there was only one way that could happen, as he'd learned aeons ago.

They were in there, attached to the curse. Her commented about her sanity being a cost was potentially very true.

He also felt her tense up, immensely. She didn't push him away, but didn't give him a proper hug back, either. Granted, she did bring her hand up, at least, resting it on his arm. There was still unease and tension there, though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 00:49:43 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Gabriel resisted the urge to pull back quickly from her, but he did flinch a little. He felt her tense up, felt her be as still as anything, but when she rested her hand on his arm, he kept holding her for a few seconds, before slowly pulling back.

"...she has a long way to go..." Nate said quietly.

"She may never be the same..." he then added, this time even more quietly.

"..." Gabriel was silent, before looking at Erica again.

"We should probably get you back to your bed." he suggested to her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 00:52:09 )

"Prob'ly." Erica said with a light chuckle.

"Not sure I can do it alone." She added, knowing that there was a good chance that she couldn't. Her head was spinning, and it was almost extreme. She still tried though. Once Gabe had pulled back enough, she went to get to her feet.

She managed to, but the first step was enough that Gabe had to catch her. Not that it was hard, he was right there still.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 01:40:25 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Gabe didn't say anything as he caught her, and Nate was quick to speak up.

"Do you mind having Gabriel carry you back to your room?" he asked.

"Or would you rather we used a wheelchair?" he asked further.

It was not that he didn't trust Gabriel, quite the opposite. But Erica was in a very vulnerable and delicate state right now, and he wasn't exactly sure what she could take, and what she couldn't.

So he made the offer.

If nothing else, he wanted to make it clear to her she was in charge of these sorts of decisions. She was her own person, and she was not under anyone's oppressive control. She was still to be kept in the medical wing to recover, but he'd hoped that allowing her these small decisions, as seemingly meaningless as they might have seemed, would aid her recovery.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 01:44:18 )

Erica just laid her head against Gabe as he lifted her.

"Don't matter." She answered, her voice quiet. She didn't move though. She could have started squirming or whatever to get out of his arms if it really mattered. The fact that she wasn't, and seemed to be relaxing in his arms, really did add to the answer of it not mattering.

More specifically, it made it apparent that she was perfectly fine where she was, and would agree to him putting her down if he didn't want to carry her, but she was perfectly content and all right with this, too.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 02:05:59 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Nate and Gabriel exchanged glances, before Gabriel nodded and carried her out of Sariel's room. Nate followed, after doing a brief check on Sariel, and the three entered Erica's room.

Gabe gently laid her down on the bed, as Nate started to reestablish what she had connected to.

"I brought the food you wanted." Gabriel told her.

"Waffles." he added, as Nate looked towards the door.

Angela was going to want answers, and she was going to want them 5 minutes ago.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 02:07:38 )

After everything was set up again with her, Erica just chuckled lightly.

"Go." She told Nate.

"I know. Questions. Gonna need answers." She then said simply.

"So... so go with what you got." After that, she just sighed, smiling softly.

"Thank you, Gabe." She then said. "Just.... thank you."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.