Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops I do art commissions!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 18:58:05 )
Edit: Taking an art hiatus to focus on studies.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 22:13:42 )

You have a pretty art style! I'm sure @Amber Lynne: Would like your art.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 16:00:04 )
Totalanimefan:

You have a pretty art style! I'm sure @Amber Lynne: Would like your art.

Thank you!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 16:12:42 )

@Lady Hei: No problem, I guess she is afk right now, cause she didn't post here yet lol. How are you doing?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 03:47:15 )
Totalanimefan:

@Lady Hei: No problem, I guess she is afk right now, cause she didn't post here yet lol. How are you doing?

That’s alright. :vivihappy: I’m doing good. How about you?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 17:18:19 )

@Lady Hei: I'm doing well as well. I'm going to go back to school Sept 1st. So I've been prepping for that. I got a planner and a notebook yesterday with some highlighters!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 17:44:59 )
Totalanimefan:

@Lady Hei: I'm doing well as well. I'm going to go back to school Sept 1st. So I've been prepping for that. I got a planner and a notebook yesterday with some highlighters!

That’s awesome! It’s good to feel organized even if you’re not starting school yet. Like, there’s only one day sometimes in the week to clean and organize, usually a Sunday. And after it’s done, it’s like starting fresh in the beginning of the week.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 18:33:08 )

@Lady Hei: Yeah Sunday is a great day for getting organized and clean. I should clean the house. I'm waiting for people to stop working on my foundation. Then I will do a big clean. They are digging under the house and then coming into the house and bringing it a lot of dirt.
What do you like to organize and clean? I'm always up for ideas.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 20:00:40 )
Totalanimefan:

@Lady Hei: Yeah Sunday is a great day for getting organized and clean. I should clean the house. I'm waiting for people to stop working on my foundation. Then I will do a big clean. They are digging under the house and then coming into the house and bringing it a lot of dirt.
What do you like to organize and clean? I'm always up for ideas.

I hope they don’t track in too much of a mess for you. I think sometimes it depends on what the weather is like during the week. If I see more dirt spots on the floor from rain, I’ll usually start with the sweeping and mopping parts. Then move in kind of a circle around the house. But, my other main focus would be my workspace and equipment. I got into 3D printing a couple months ago, so I have to do maintenance after let’s say a week of printing, making sure everything looks okay and works well. It’s actually not a bad hobby either. It got me back into being organized.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 21:47:56 )

@Lady Hei: Oh they already did. This is week 2 lol but at least they will be done this week.
I always like hearing people's organization and cleaning tips. Anything that can make me better.
That's cool. I was at a computer store on Sunday and they had 3D printers. When did you get yours?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/19 03:12:57 )
Totalanimefan:

@Lady Hei: Oh they already did. This is week 2 lol but at least they will be done this week.
I always like hearing people's organization and cleaning tips. Anything that can make me better.
That's cool. I was at a computer store on Sunday and they had 3D printers. When did you get yours?

That must have felt like a long while. Having any thing done on a home can be stressful. I hope you'll be able to get some stuff done. I had to think about it for a moment. I initially thought I got it back in March, but it was actually January when I looked back in my album on my phone. I took a gamble and got one since a lot of people were getting them at the time. I've been wanting one for years, but the market wasn't that big and most "home 3d printers" were still in the infancy stages of all the technical difficulties. The manufacturing companies though are super awesome and they listen to their customers. So it's improved a lot in just the span of a few years.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/19 17:13:37 )

@Lady Hei: It's crazy how cheap and accessible 3D printers are now. It's cool but mind-blowing at the same time lol
Yeah I'm soo ready for them to be done today lol. They are working on the house now and then have had to drill some stuff so it's been loud.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/20 02:15:31 )
Totalanimefan:

@Lady Hei: It's crazy how cheap and accessible 3D printers are now. It's cool but mind-blowing at the same time lol
Yeah I'm soo ready for them to be done today lol. They are working on the house now and then have had to drill some stuff so it's been loud.

Dang, that sucks. Hopefully they finish soon for you. Yeah, at least now they're a bit more affordable than they were 5 years ago. And since the market basically had a boom the past 2 years, it stabilized the prices. The ones that use resin are still a bit expensive, but it also depends on what you want to use it for. You can always make your value back from it. Other than that, the ones that use the plastic spools are generally digestible in price. The spools aren't that expensive either. Those also give back good value too.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/20 19:05:44 )

@Lady Hei: they finished last night! Honestly it’s so much better already. The floor doesn’t creek anymore and it feels sturdy. Also the floor feels even instead of before where you could feel the house lean. In the winter it will be great because the house will stay warmer.
What do you like to make with your printer?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 02:02:31 )
Totalanimefan:

@Lady Hei: they finished last night! Honestly it’s so much better already. The floor doesn’t creek anymore and it feels sturdy. Also the floor feels even instead of before where you could feel the house lean. In the winter it will be great because the house will stay warmer.
What do you like to make with your printer?

That's awesome! A level place is always good. Dang, that must have not felt good with it leaning. Like swaying boat vibes. Hopefully you'll have a cozy winter now though. So far, I've only made small things with it. Like small tools and some small versions of models that I've made. Even though it's the biggest in the Creality CR-10 series. And a few cosplay props for some folks that I know. I do want to start making figurines . It's one of the main reasons that I got it. Some dolls too. The parts are insanely strong too for plastic. I had a prop that felt like a spaceship part after it was done printing. Some of it was the time it took as well. It was about 16 hours total. I haven't gone over 2 days of printing at one time yet. I'll do it at one point.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 01:49:17 )

@Lady Hei: that’s cool! Are there any groups on the internet that could help you make figures?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 04:28:59 )
Totalanimefan:

@Lady Hei: that’s cool! Are there any groups on the internet that could help you make figures?

It is. There's a ton of builder forums. And the communities in general are like the nicest people. I haven't been active in any yet, but maybe down the road. If you want to start in a place in general, it would be those groups. I was nervous printing at first, but since everyone already posted stuff on how to do things, it wasn't so bad. It's awesome how far the internet has grown. I feel kinda old saying it.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 05:05:23 )

@Lady Hei: I like how the internet has grown when I like about hobbies and how it connects people. It's really great.
If it's not too hard you should try making a figure sometime. What's the worst that could happen?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 19:43:30 )
Totalanimefan:

@Lady Hei: I like how the internet has grown when I like about hobbies and how it connects people. It's really great.
If it's not too hard you should try making a figure sometime. What's the worst that could happen?

That is very true. The only way to get to it is to just do it.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 20:42:35 )

@Lady Hei: Sometimes that's the only way. How was your weekend? Did you do anything?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.