Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment AHS : roanoke

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/30 14:49:25 )
I am so sorry if I spelled the name wrong.

Hello, so Roanoke was added to Netflix here in the UK quite recently and naturally I started watching it eagerly, but it is so different from the AHS I'm used to that I feel a little put off. Does the format it has started with continue? Is it a good series once all is said and done?
I probably will go back to it, but right now I find myself not paying attention :vanora_sweat:

Donator — MOOCOW Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/22 18:57:17 )
@dreamer676: I was going to post a thread about this but found yours...

I, personally, would put it at the bottom of the list in great to crap seasons of AHS. It is very different and in parts I could appreciate the way the director showed this season but dear lord it was difficult to follow what they were doing and toward the end I was quite literally just hoping it would end each time the TV went black.

Has anybody else seen it? Thoughts?

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/23 09:46:29 )
i thought it was okay. better than the current season.. other than that i've only seen freakshow and hotel and i liked both of those. i have to watch the first three but i hear a lot of people preferred those

Donator — MOOCOW Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/23 16:57:07 )
@toxxic: I absolutely loved all Seasons 1-5, but 6 really was a miss for me and 7 hasn't started airing here yet O:

Murder House was just awesome, and I was still noticing things on the second or third watch of it... Asylum I loved because I have a thing for Asylums, Covenant was good but wasn't my favorite, Freak Show was awesome... With things happening you don't expect... Hotel I just loved Lady Gaga.

I had high hopes for Roanoke and Cult, though... I just think they could have been done better. Good on them for trying something new, but it missed for me.

Please @ me when you talk to me.
I'm a terrible person with memory like a sieve.

Voltie — they/them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/24 04:33:44 )
I've only seen this season and the first season.
I didn't like the first season at all. It was so bad that it deterred me from watching any others until now.
I liked this one better and didn't mind the format, but a lot of complaints I had about season 1 were complaints I had about this one.
I'm not really motivated to watch any of the others, since they'd probably have the same issues.

please @ me if you want a response
art by blinkini

Donator — he/they Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/28 19:10:01 )
I watched all the seasons and I found Roanoke really weird to be honest LOL ! The documentary format does change after a couple episodes. I didn’t find it as interesting as the rest but I still enjoyed it! My favorite seasons was probably freakshow and coven.
(i'm a slow replier but I promise I'll get back to you )

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/28 19:26:00 )
I've watched all the seasons. Murder House and Asylum are my favorites. Asylum was the best in my opinion. But Cult, I feel, is better than Roanoke. Roanoke was different and I see what they were doing, I just didnt like it.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.