Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Exchange {S} orb items {B} New crate items 5K?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 00:57:28 )

Head In The Clouds~ (Ping Please!)

@Bonnie: Oh okay! Sorry about that. Lol

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, that's what my SO and kiddo did. It didn't take long after that for them to be better so that sounds like a good thing.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 01:04:42 )

@PoeticTorment: That's good news! I will love to be better by the weekend as I made plans about a month ago, but I won't go if I don't feel well and I'm making sure I test negative before I leave the house.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 01:18:14 )

@PoeticTorment: oh no worries~ thank you for buying~

bloop

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 01:23:31 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, everyone I know that's had it went through it that way.
Well besides me and my aunt who had the longer version.
So hopefully it'll work out that way for you guys!

@Bonnie: And thank you for selling!! I appreciate it greatly. *^*

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 01:44:43 )

@PoeticTorment: -fingers crossed- I feel like we have been talking about me a lot, how are you?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 02:20:50 )

@Totalanimefan: Have we? Didn't notice at all. Lol
I'm alright! I walked a lot more than I should have today but I got what I needed done so now I'm just resting my knee with it propped up. *^*

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 15:58:01 )

@PoeticTorment: how much walking did you do? Do you have a bad knee?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/8 01:50:01 )

@Totalanimefan: Wel, I never actually learned how to drive so I walk every where so a ton. 😅 And yeah, our large dog didn't know her strength so she dragged me and my knee popped where my leg bent weird then it popped back into place. Had issues with it since. Plus side, she's much more gentle with me now since I cried when it happened.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/8 02:47:29 )

@PoeticTorment: That's A-ok. I do know how to drive but I don't have a car so a walk a ton too.
OW! Wow that really sucks. when was this? Did you go to the Dr about it?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/8 03:00:30 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, my SO doesn't agree with that. XD Learning it is just hard for me but I am trying I just can't remember everything well enough for it to be easy. *^*;
Like two years ago when all the house chaos happened? No, unfortunately, we couldn't afford to at the time with everything. The swelling went down three days later and the bruise healed pretty quickly too. We had thought it'd be fine with time but I guess not. Now it just swells and aches if I overdo it or lift something too heavy but the support sleeve helps.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/8 16:29:10 )

@PoeticTorment: At least you have a support sleeve. Maybe it's just something that has to heal over the long term?
I get that when you don't live in a walkable place, not being able to drive is hard. I don't like driving and I was scared to start learning too.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/8 23:40:40 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I have two sizes and it's a pretty good brand. The first set hadn't fit when my knee was really swollen so they sent a second set free. Possible! I don't really take it easy enough for most things so I could just be stressing the joint out again over and over. *^*;
Yeah, same. Our town is pretty small so walking isn't an issue in most cases. I think it's more that I can't go get a full cart of groceries or take kiddo to school that bothers SO. But I've had a phobia of driving for years so working around it without professional help is difficult. But now I can sit and drive a bit without feeling freaked out, I just need more practice and that'll take time.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 01:14:13 )

@PoeticTorment: Driving phobias are a really thing. As for the groceries, I have a cooler backpack and I take reusable bags. Could you get a small groceries old lady cart to help you? Like this Folding Shopping Carts

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 06:16:43 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah... I have a green cart! And I use reusable shopping bags too. It's just difficult to get the cart through the neighborhood cause there are not many sidewalks and we're right in the school district. Like we're one block from the high school. Lots of car traffic zips past quickly. =^= I'm trying to get my bicycle working again cause I got three baskets for it.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 15:20:13 )

@PoeticTorment: Ugh I hate it when there are no sidewalks! It should be a given that if there is a road there is also a sidewalk. It should be illegal. Big pet peeve of mine.
Bikes are super awesome. I love using mine. A bike would be a lot better and faster. Just still gotta watch out for cars. Do you have lights for it and everything?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 23:28:36 )

@Totalanimefan: I fully agree there! I'd like to see the edge of the blocks with sidewalks cause that's where most here in our town walk.
Yeah, I really miss mine. It's been busted for years now so I've had to replace a lot on it. I know, and with three large baskets, I can get pretty much everything I need! I don't have lights for it but I plan to get one after I get the shifter fixed cause I don't know if I need to just fully replace or not. (It's rusted bad!)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/10 02:04:25 )

@PoeticTorment: If there is a bike shop near you they could look at it and tell you if it can be fixed or if you need a new one.
Yeah totally. People still walk places where there is a sidewalk or not. They are really needed.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/10 03:39:40 )

@Totalanimefan: Closest bike shop is in the city so out of luck there. I have rust remover gel so I'm going to try that if it doesn't clean it up then I'll replace it. I just hope my SO will have time to help me with it. Yeah... Very true. I know I end up walking the yards out for safety reasons. *^*

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/10 17:07:03 )

@PoeticTorment: Could you take it to the shop in the back of your truck?
Hopefully it will be ok. You could always watch Youtube videos on how to fix things. As long as the wheels, chain are ok and it doesn't seem like the body of the bike is going to break in two, you are probably alright.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/10 18:46:40 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, that's a bit far and costly to do, unfortunately. My great-grandpa taught me a lot about fixing bikes, I just have issues remembering all of it but I've been looking it up as I go so I should be able to get it done? It should be. The frame is still in great shape since I took very good care of it. The wheels have nice solid tubes and the wheels had no damage. I replaced the chain, cables, and shifters with new stuff. Then the brakes my SO cleaned up and they were still in really good condition. Though the brake pads might need to be sanded down some as they don't feel as "grippy"; I know that's cause it hasn't been used in years. (I have new brake pads set aside just in case too) The derailleurs are a bit worn but they should last a few more years. The front derailleur just needs to be cleaned 'cause it's a bit rusted too but the metal seems like just a quick scrub down should fix the stiffness caused by the rust.? I just need to spend time with the rust remover and it should be done in a day or two? I'm slow at fixing things and I know I'll have to ask my SO for help on tightening anything or removing stuff. Or I'll get my sister over or even my stepdad cause I know they'd help me if my SO doesn't. *^*;

Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.