Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing For Eternity

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 06:58:30 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Ty nodded as she said that, and left the house, with Jake following Anya.

"Hey." he said to her.

"...about Hal." he mumbled.

"You seem to know what happened." he commented.

"What are the chances of him surviving this?" he asked her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 07:01:02 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Anya paused before sighing heavily.

"... entirely depends on the cause." She told him honestly.

"No matter what, he's likely only got a couple of days at most without his mana. If his mana's been expunged from his body, he's going to need to WAKE before he can accept it back." She continued as she turned on the lights downstairs, causing a lot of spiders to go skittering into the shadows.

"However, there are a few relics that would... shorten that considerably." She told him honestly before turning to face him.

"If I can find out what relic was used, what the cause was, it will be a lot easier to give an answer that would be anything akin to accurate."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 07:21:42 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...hm. I see." Jake replied, watching the spiders skitter into the shadows.

"Man. Anyone with arachnophobia would literally DIE of fright here." he mumbled.

"Anyway, I'm going to get into contact with some people I know." he told her.

"See if anyone's seen anything." he reasoned.

"...here's to hoping we find SOMETHING."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 07:31:13 )

"If you hear anything about what it was that was used, let me know. I'm largely a walking encyclopedia regarding the relics." Anya commented.

"Goes with my position." She added before sighing.

"Anyway, get out of here. I know you're not fond of seeing my true form." She thens aid. "I'm calling in a few favours to find her."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 07:44:27 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Right." Jake responded.

He then stepped out of the area, shook his head, took out his phone, and started dialing.

Meanwhile, Lunet found herself in complete darkness without her visor. She was locked in a small room somewhere, but could hear voices on the other side of the locked door.

"...you sure it's her?" one asked.

"Positive." the other one responded.

"She's the one that was perfect. We'll make her perfect again."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 07:49:03 )

Lunet was silent as she listened to what she could hear. She didn't know what to make of it, but there was definitely something in the back of her mind telling her that this w2as a problem. A big one, at that.

.... no... can't be... can it? she wondered as she remained still, motionless, to just listen in.

If it is... you'd think me being an adult would get in the way... she knew that she'd been so perfect for the cult in the past, partly due to her age. If she was caught by them again, her age might cause a problem, but there was no way for her to know, really.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 08:05:16 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"But she's an adult." the first one countered. "Didn't we need a tormented child for it?" he asked.

"A child is best. However, no other candidates have been found to be more suitable." the second one replied. "Yes, she's moved on and seems to have a better life... which crimps things, admittedly, but we can work around it." they went on.

"We will teach her suffering. Again and again." they chuckled.

"We just need to wait for her... bath... to be prepared."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 08:17:06 )

Bath? what the hell are they going on about? Lunet wondered as she listened in, hoping to find something out, hear something that could help her get out of whatever situation she was in.

It was about then that she heard someone else approaching.

"Just thought you might like to know that the finishing touches are being applied now. It should be good to go within the hour."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 08:36:44 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Excellent." one replied. "Once it's done, we'll throw her in." they said.

"...how do we know if it's made right?" another asked.

"We don't." was the response.

"We just toss her in and hope for the best." they said, almost flippantly.

---

Ty just shook his head and made his way back to Anya and Jake's home, knocking on the door. When Anya answered, he looked at her.

"Find anything?" he asked.

"Because my street searches have been turning up NOTHING."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 10:24:10 )

Anya sighed lightly before motioning for Ty to enter.

"Nothing too useful." She answered.

"I've been able to narrow down what happened to Sharp to three relics though, for whatever that is worth." She added.

"And there is an area of the city that my spiders aren't even able to get near." She continued as she closed the door behind Ty after he'd entered.

"So it's possible she's in there."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 17:47:46 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ty started to enter the home, and was about to respond, when Anya suddenly saw him stop. And he fell heavily against the closest wall... clutching at himself. And by that, he was grabbing at his sides, like he was in pain.

"AH!" he exclaimed.

"What the he-" he started to ask, before freezing.

And Anya then saw a faint glyph-like pattern glowing in his eyes.

"...a Lazarus Pit." Ty whispered. "...one's been activated. And it's close." he said further.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 19:03:40 )

Anya was silent for a moment.

".... A pit?" She asked.

"Why the fuck would one be created...?" She wondering, knowing that he likely wouldn't be able to answer that.

"Give me the address. Or at least the area, I'll go look into it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 19:14:11 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"..." Ty was silent again, before shaking his head.

"SSE." he told her.

"Feel like... 15 miles out." he went on.

"I'm going there now." he then told her. "The closer I get to it, the more I'll be able to hone in on it."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 19:19:52 )

Anya was silent for a moment before shrugging.

"All right then. That's obviously taking a bit out of you, so I figured you can just sit and chill and I'd check it out, but hey. You're more durable than I am." She commented.

"Is there anyone I should get ahold of for you?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 19:43:36 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ty shook his head.

"Whatever." he said.

"I just need-" he started to say, before the two of them felt something... pulse... from within him. The glyph in his eye became a little more pronounced... before his eyes rolled back and he collapsed forward, with Anya catching him.

It seemed like everything that had happened, and was happening, was finally too much for him, and this was just the final straw.

He couldn't keep going.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 19:59:37 )

Anya had good reflexes, and it was times like this that it was ver easy to see. She caught him with no difficulty at all, and just lifted him up off te floor.

"... Figured." She muttered before heading off with her, heading to the guest room. She had every intention of setting him up in there as she had no idea how long it was that he'd be out.

She left a note for him as well, telling him to help himself to whatever was in the kitchen, and that Jake would be back by eleven. She had absolutely no idea how long he'd be out, but she knew that it would be better to leave him be for the moment. She had to go and check in on that pit, considering her position and all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 20:25:42 )
Forgive, O Lord,

When she glanced back at him, it was clear he was out. Cold. He wasn't dead and... barring any of her spiders deciding they were going to be brats... was in no danger of dying. It just seemed like he'd passed out.

Just as she was getting ready to leave the room, she heard Ty's cell phone ring. She checked it to see that it was Jake calling... and the odds were good it was with information about Lunet.

She answered it, and it was clear that Jake was confused.

"...Anya...?" he muttered.

"Long story short, he came to check up and got overwhelmed with everything and passed out. He's the the guest room. So what's going on?" she asked.

"Oh, right. One of the guys noticed some weird cloaked fellas milling about near that quarantined park." he told her. "You know, the one where those really dangerous pesticides leaked into the water supply there." he went on... which was about where Ty's 'sense' had pointed him.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 20:29:26 )

Anya just sighed.

"I'm heading there now." She told Jake simply.

"He's out cold, and I'm gonna go check and see what the hell is going on. Seems there's another pit on the surface, and it's active." She continued.

"Being the liason, I don't have a choice. I have to look into this."

"So, thank you for the direction. That's about the same area as where he was saying that he felt the creation, activation, whatever."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 20:39:14 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Oh. Lovely." Jake muttered.

"But yeah, that might be the place to go." he told her. "The guys are staying away, as those toxins are seriously bad news, and they don't want to get involved in anything... weird." he said further.

"I'm about 15 minutes away from the park if you want some potential backup." he then told her further.

"Or do you want me to stay away."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 20:43:26 )

Anya didn't say anything for a few minutes, debating the answer to that question.

"I think I can handle it." She told him honestly.

"I'm a demon, a high level one at that point." She continued before laughing.

"Some cultists won't be an issue."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.