Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Favorite Underrated game?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 21:37:24 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

Do you have a favorite game that you think deserve a lot more love than it got and wish dearly for a remaster but you know it's never going to happen?

For me that would be Baten Kaitos and Baten Kaitos Origins. They were so original and still are compared to a lot of RPGs that I play. It had everything, compelling characters, a dynamic card base battle system (the second one made even better), and a great plot.

Lyude was my boy!

It's also one of the few games where you as your person plays a character in the universe, it's very meaningful and pulls at the heart when you name yourself with your preferred name.

Even if the worse boss I have ever fought outside of an atlus game had me quit for six months. This was back when the game was so long it had two disks, and you saved right before going over to the second disk and were tossed right into the worst boss battle ever and dumb younger me only had one save file. (Aka I had to start all over and it's why I quit for so long) This dumb, dumb, dumb holoholo bird.

It traumatized me to now I have 2-6 files at any given time for games that allow you to have multiple saves.

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/20 12:06:41 )

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::
mine is The Cat Lady! Its a 2d side scroll horror game, where your choices affect the ending you get. Its really wonderful and has a great art style imo (lots hate it unfortunately). There are 3 games in the series though, havent played the other two!
Its about a woman who tries to take her own life, but gets another chance and learns how to cope with her depression. Has a lot of gore, and obvious TW for suicide. Has some stuff about cancer aswell. It helped me through the toughest time of my life, when my adopted mother had cancer and I had to watch her wither away. It still is a comfort game to this day for me, reminding me that my illnesses aren't in control of my life.
The voice acting is wonderful for many characters, though the mic quality in some is off. Its a little.. yuck at first but thats the only real issue I had with it.

My other favorite games are Dark Cloud!
There are two and I love them both a lot. Very cool weapon system, upgrading management and making sure that they don't break. Its really in-depth. Something I wish more games had honestly, because it was the most fun part for me!
The games are story driven dungeon crawlers, and require you to rebuild villages that were wiped out. The first one has a lot of characters you can upgrade and manage, and the second one has only two but still really enjoyable. I never fully beat either of them as a child, and honestly still am struggling to 100 percent them lmao. The first one especially, it gets very hard quickly but I really love challenging games!

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::

Please ping me!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.