Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Born to Die

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 21:48:38 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Mackenzie nodded.

"That works well." She added.

"So long as they are ale to be acquired." She told him honestly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 22:16:21 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

"When they are needed, I will get them." Hal told her as they reached his office.

"Once you have the mice, the coin will teleport you back to my office when you use it." he then informed her, imparting his mana into the coin and giving it to her. She accepted it, nodded, and disappeared.

It took a bit for her to be able to locate and acquire the rodents... close to two hours, but when she teleported back into his office, mice in tow, she saw Hal was on the phone, and he raised a finger towards her when he saw her appear.

"Yes.... yes. Yes, we will receive him by the medical bay. Yes. Yes, I will be there personally to accept him." he said into it. "Thank you." he finished, before hanging up.

"Your partner's body will be here VERY soon." he informed Mackenzie. "Seems when you know the right people with the right connections, paperwork and red tape can be breezed through." he chuckled.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 22:18:43 )

Mackenzie was silent for a moment before laughing.

"Yeah, that sounds about right." She agreed with a nod.

"Also, got the mice, obviously." She added as she motioned to the rodents on her shoulders.

"They're super chill, as well."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 22:39:35 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal looked to the rodents on her shoulders, and nodded.

"Good, good." he said, though she could see the minor guilt behind his eyes. He didn't like what their fate was to be, as he didn't like harming any living creatures, full stop... but he knew there was no choice here. The stakes were... FAR too high for the lives of rodents to be weighed.

"Glad to see it." he told her.

"Now, as far as your partner's body goes, anything special we need to know in terms of preserving him?" he asked.

"Anything that needs to be done for the ritual, or if his biology is a little weirder than anyone else's?" he asked further.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 22:42:50 )

"He, like me, has one hell of a dark presence, even in death." Mackenzie told him honestly.

"Anyone sensitive to my presense, will likely be sensitive to his as well." She continued, "And as a result... don't be surprised if someone notices. I don't think it would illicit anythin gother than a driving need to know what is going on, or to hide, but... I can't promise that." She added.

"Also, no one should touch his blood. That entire species? whatever, their blood is acidic, and I think that counts for him as well."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 23:04:21 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...right then." Hal muttered.

"Good thing we got to him before any sort of procedure could be done on his body." he commented.

"But we'll keep him preserved until the time of the ritual." he assured her.

"All we need is for the remaining materials to be ready, which should not take long at all." he stated.

He then looked at the rodents, and sighed quietly.

"They really do seem to be peaceful creatures. One would never think they'd be responsible for so many forest fires in the past."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 23:08:19 )

"Unfortunately, they really are peaceful creatures. They are pointed out as issues soldly because if you spook them, fires start." Mackenzie commented with a sigh.

"And there's the fact that they're hard to find. People believe them to be a troublesome pest from the past."

"Regardless, at least this mess should be solved soon."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 23:31:49 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"I guess they evolved to be more subterranean. Makes sense. They don't cause fire underground, and their own flames give them light to see down there, so there was no real need for any dramatic evolutionary changes. Not externally, anyway." Hal shrugged.

"And it should be. Hopefully." he then mumbled, before standing up.

"Right, where will they be kept?" he asked.

"Will you be keeping them with yourself, or will they be house elsewhere?" he asked further.

"As for myself, I need to get to the medical bay receiving area."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 23:33:27 )

"I can keep them with me." Mackenzie answered.

"I have an area that I set up for them." She added.

"Anyhow, don't let me keep you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 23:53:53 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Very good." Hal responded.

"I'll leave you to tend to them for the time being." he told her, before the two of them headed off. The dorms and the medical bay were in the same general direction, but Hal soon broke away from Mackenzie.

Which was when Ilias walked past, and seemed immediately on alert, his snakes popping out from beneath his hair.

And they were darting their tongues out WILDLY.

Hungrily.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 23:56:18 )

"Tame your snakes will you? These mice are NOT their snack." Mackenzie commented with a sigh, and a light laugh.

"Nevermind the fact that I need them... they would likely not agree with your snakes inner workings anyway." She added with a light shrug.

"Ember Mice, if you're curious."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/22 00:25:21 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ilias paused for a moment as he heard that.

"...excuse me?" he asked.

"Ember Mice?" he asked her, before booping the snoots of his snakes.

"Down girls. Down." he told them, looking at Mackenzie now.

"I didn't think they existed any longer." he said.

"The last remains of one were found decades ago."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/22 00:34:58 )

"They've mostly moved underground." Mackenzie told him honestly.

"Which is cool. Keeps them safer." She added. "And they tend to live around volcanos, which just makes sense, really. "

"But yeah. Ember mice. Had to go and collect some to rez my partner."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/22 01:01:54 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...I see." Ilias responded.

"Ah!" he then exclaimed, remembering something.

"Right." he said.

"I have that vial of my venom you asked for." he told her.

"I have it ON me right now. Was coming to give it to you, actually." he told her further.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/22 01:03:44 )

Mackenzie paused a moment before laughing.

"Perfect timing, then!" She commented.

"Awesome. Walk with me, it's better if I don't touch it until right before. It's surprisingly sensitive to me." She added before pausing.

"Or at least, that's what I know of it. Anyway, come on." With that, she headed off toward the dorm in question.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/22 01:23:49 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ilias followed, and he noticed the Ember Mice looking back towards him, and he kept his snakes from getting TOO far out of his hair.

"I admit, I'm surprised." he said.

"Those mice are VERY calm." he commented.

"One would think that they'd be nervous or anxious with snakes around." he said further, before pausing.

"...unless my snakes are punching up FAR above their weight class, so to speak..."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/22 01:26:36 )

Mackenzie didn't say anything before laughing as they stepped inside the dorm.

"Honestly? They probably are. These things are immune to any and all toxins, as their body heat burns it all off within a few seconds." she commented.

"And if your snakes rely on your venom... Well, that wouldn't play well for them."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/22 01:46:00 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Well, yes, they DO rely on their venom." Ilias responded. "They..." he then paused for a moment.

"Wait..." he mumbled.

"They don't use their venom to kill prey. They use it to fend off predators." he recalled. "They receive nourishment through me..." he continued, before pausing, coming to a realisation, and putting a hat that he had in his pocked on.

He then paused again, before sighing.

"And NOW they've calmed down." he said.

"They weren't being aggressive, they were SCARED."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/22 01:49:23 )

Mackenzie didn't say anything for a few seconds before chuckling.

"Really can't say I"m too surprised. Although, both reactions make sense. Snake... Mouse... Seems obvious to me." She commented.

"Set the venom down in that bx over there, please. Afterwards, lock it with the key sitting next to it, thanks." She directed.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/22 02:10:40 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ilias made his way to the box and set the vial down inside it, closing it and locking it with the key.

"Done." he said.

"Still... the fact that you needed the venom of a gorgon-born, and not a flat-out gorgon is... well... it's worrisome." he commented.

"Just because it's SUCH a rare ingredient. There's a not a lot like me in the world." he said further.

"Lucky I work here."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.