96% completed... Please wait while we load the contents of this comment.

definitely stole that thread name. mhm, yup.
anyways, welcome to my rp search thread! about time i made something like this, heh. ^^;;

to preface any and all details i'm going to give out, i think it's best to explain why i like rping. feel free to skip all this, it's kind of pointless anyways. i also put it in spoiler brackets to save space.

i started rping way back in 2017, on an online collaborative drawing website called flockmod. an acquaintance of mine had convinced me to join a private rp server, and them and their friends on that server were kind enough to help me get started and give me some basic advice when rping (such as waiting your turn in group sessions, adding a + or - sign when we had to write another line as there was a word cap on our messages, etc). they were adamant that i also join other sessions, since it helped develop their creative minds, and unanimously agreed that it'd do the same for me... and it did, in all honesty. it was like writing a story with a bunch of other authors, and we were having fun all the while!

when the adobe flash crisis of 2020 had come, so had my love for flockmod burned out. i had graduated from that to discord, which REALLY kickstarted my love for semi-literate, pre-planned rp sessions. a new friend of mine had felt the same way, and we both really liked just rping with too many detailed paragraphs with our original characters or canon characters. i even have an entire document on my laptop were i stored my old responses, and it was almost like i was trying to write a story.

i definitely rp'ed a lot back then, but now i've kind of stopped because i'm busy and whatnot. now, i'm looking forward to getting back into it, even if it'll take me some time!

now that that's out of the way, let's get down to business!

important info:
- i am a minor! i have made the mistake of interacting with adults over 20, and i would like to interact with people at least 18 or younger. please do not interact if you are an adult.

- my time zone is gmt+10, so i will reply at very odd times. just need you to know that if you're not in a similar time zone.

- i do not rp romance or ships. the most i have gotten far with is a canon ship having a heart-to-heart moment, but ships and super romantic themes in general make me uncomfortable.

response writing + schedule:
as stated before, i am a semi-literate rp'er. the most i can do is about three paragraphs, but if i'm burnt out or low on time, the most i can give you is a paragraph. i tend to focus on outer details and world-building, just so the entire experience feels somewhat authentic! i'd appreciate if you can match my detailed behavior, but i don't mind if you can't. not everyone is built with an extensive imagination!

my schedule is, let's just say, wacky. i can reply right after you've posted your reply, or it'll take me an entire week. since i'm on a loose schedule, i can reply from between wednesdays to sundays, but my response time can be inconsistent. i can easily lose interest in the moment, and i apologize in advance if i ghost you! i'll message you if that ever happens, and i hope this isn't too bad of a habit.

characters:
my characters can vary a lot! i have... a disconcerting amount of middle-aged adult men characters, and just adult characters in general. i do own humanoid, monster, and alien-type characters. i'm also not opposed to using avatars i have made here, or on dappervolk or recolor.me, so if you're interested in that... well, there you go. i do make a lot of fan-characters, and the most fan-charas i have are homestuck kids/trolls! i'll touch up on my fandom interests later.

so far, i have nearly 20 characters in total, but there are only five that i truly focus on! feel free to ask me about them, they're a great bunch. they're the OG ocs i have, ever since 2017!

note: i am NOT great with writing full biographies. i'm the type of person to write extensive bios for my characters, but i get burnt out too easily even trying to write my OG characters bios. i hope it's fine if we just stick with basic bios until i'm ready to update them.

fandoms:
i am not a stickler for a particular fandom! i actually drift between multiple fandoms because of their plots or characters or themes, so even if i have a lot of interests, i only know so much.

here's a list of what themes i enjoy, as well as fandoms:
- thriller/horror
- cyberpunk
- cottagecore
- angst
- dream (not the mcyt, just the hazy, nonsensical aesthetic)
- rivalries
fandoms:
- detroit: become human
- homestuck
- skyrim: elder scrolls, to some extent

i love brainstorming ideas, so don't be shy to share your thoughts and interests with me! i also have a few ideas that i've been brewing for quite a few months, so i'd love to share them as well.

WOW that is so much, i apologize. i'm just really picky with what i present and share, and i don't feel comfortable just giving out a few facts and leaving it as is.
EDIT: please ping me if you're interested! i don't receive thread notifs, even when i bookmark them, so i'd appreciate it. thank you!
Comment posted! Thank you for your patience.