Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Never Ending Trust

Voltie — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/26 09:01:11 )
Raisa went into the kitchen, and Ezra took the opportunity to talk to Maddie, without Raisa hearing.

"You know, you're welcome to come back and visit anytime," he said, trying to let her know he was being sincere. "You know where I live now, and even Raisa likes you, so you have a place here if you ever need it. And since you mentioned your house earlier, I could help you find another place. You shouldn't have to survive on the streets like that."

@xnovax:

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/4 22:10:32 )
@CycloneKira:

Maddie lowered her eyes when Ezra spoke and absently traced her fingers of her free hand over the fabric of the make-shift sling. "It wouldn't good." She murmured softly. "I'm a street rat with a bounty on my head, so to speak. Having me around wouldn't be a good idea." She murmured. "My house was a make-shift dog house I could go to, and I run a palm reading booth for a small fee of a single dollar. No one ever listens, and when I'm right they hate me for it."

Voltie — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/7 11:11:55 )
A make shift dog house....

Ezra had to do everything in his power to stop himself from pinching the bridge of his nose in tension. Everything this woman was telling him about her situation.... it seemed beyond dire. She clearly needed help. Help that he was willing to give. He skated over the palm reading thing, since he didn't particularly believe in superstitions and anything that wasn't backed by cold, hard logic. But he saw no point in alienating her about that now. It was how she made a living, and he could respect that.

"Stuff and nonsense, Maddie," he said, firm but gently. "I stand by what I said. You're welcome here whenever you need."

@xnovax:

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 20:59:46 )
@CycloneKira:

Maddie blinked when he spoke, his words touching her in a place she was unfamiliar with.

Stuff and Nonsense?

Maddie slowly stood and lowered her head enough for her bangs to cover her eyes. "Don't you watch the news?" She asked quietly. It was okay if he didn't believe her, no one usually did. So why...

"It's okay.." She said quietly. "No one usually believes me until it's too late. I just don't want you to get hurt, because of me." She spoke softly before excusing herself and heading back to the bedroom, no longer intrested in desert.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/22 20:38:30 )
@CycloneKira: bump?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/16 01:17:34 )
@CycloneKira: bump?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/13 23:04:29 )
((Bump))

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/14 18:49:05 )
((bump))

Voltie — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/27 07:15:22 )
((MY GOSH I'M SO SORRY! I'd love to continue this, sorry for the two year wait T_T Thanks for bumping so patiently <3))

Whatever he'd imagined her response to be, this was not one of them. Her words about the news lodged themselves in his brain in a way that he couldn't quite understand. But he couldn't analyze why, because in the next moment, she'd stood up to leave.

Alarmed, Ezra stood up to try to stop Maddie. "Maddie, wait, please!" he said, taking a few steps towards her. "I didn't mean to put down your work or anything, I just wanted to let you know you're welcome here." He paused, considering his next words carefully. "All I wanted to say was, you really are welcome here. I can't claim to know what you've been through and how much you've had to suffer. But I believe you're a good person, and I would like to help you."

@xnovax:

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/1 05:30:18 )
@CycloneKira: it's no worries, we still have the one on knuffle too if you'd want to continue that one ~<3

honestly, i just started checking the forums again after moving ^^

---

Maddie paused when he stood and spoke, and she glanced at him in time to see him step towards her. "Ezra, you're a sweet man." She said softly, trying to figure out why he was attempting to make amends for what he said. "I hope you don't ever have to go through what I've been through." She said softly, and lightly ran her hand over the sling. "Goodnight, Ezra." She said softly before heading to the bedroom to lay down.

She sat on the bed and stared down at the floor, going over how she even ended up here, in such a nice house with a sweet man and woman.

Voltie — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/6 11:44:11 )
Ezra was left to watch as Maddie turned in for the night, wondering if he could have said or done anything differently to prevent her retreat into herself. Raisa emerged from the kitchen, pecan pie in hand, and noticed him standing there alone. "Where's Miss Maddie?" she asked, curious. "Did she go to the bathroom?"

Ezra kept looking in the direction of Maddie's room for a while before answering. "I was thoughtless," he replied with a sad smile. "Need to remember to be careful with what I say to her." He sighed and turned to his housekeeper. "Maybe we could let that stay in the fridge for now. We'll eat it together tomorrow."

Raisa gave him a kind smile. "You have a good heart, Master Ezra," she said. "I'm sure Miss Maddie sees it too."

The two turned in for the night as well, with Ezra staying up a little to think over everything that had happened that evening.

@xnovax:

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/6 19:34:44 )
@CycloneKira:

Maddie very rarely ever had a good nights sleep, her nights were often filled with nightmares with fire and blood, and a woman. A woman that sent people after her to 'collect' her.

By morning, she woke with a start and sat up, blankets draped over her and clinging tightly to them. She couldn't stay here, or the young man would be in danger as well. She couldn't let that happen. He didn't seem to believe her when she mentioned her palm readings, and he didn't have a reason to believe her if she told him about the people after her.

Maddie didn't take enough time to calm down like she needed to, but she slowly slid out of the bed and went to the nearest window to try to open it, being careful of her arm as she left the sling on the end table.

Voltie — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/21 05:43:54 )
Raisa usually woke a while before Ezra did, and the soft sounds of cooking could be heard from the kitchen every time he opened the door to his room in the mornings. Ezra was disciplined in his life and work, but that didn't mean he found waking up in the morning easy. It took a combination of a warm shower and a coffee to fully wake him up and turn him into a semblance of the person that he was usually known to be. Only Raisa and his mother knew the zombie that he was before he'd gotten the chance to do those things.

Raisa had debated whether to check on Maddie or let her sleep, and was still mulling over it when Ezra entered the kitchen and made a beeline for the coffee pot. "I'll go check on her," she finally decided, walking by a half disoriented Ezra. "The poor thing's hand..."

She went over to Maddie's door and knocked, three sharp raps. "Miss Maddie? Are you awake?"

@xnovax:

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/21 20:05:10 )
Maddie had quickly given up on fumbling with the window, and sat on the edge of the bed with her arm resting across her lap. She knew she was overthinking and it didn't help her nerves and worries. She slowly reached for the make-shift sling and carefully set it over her shoulder to slip her arm into it, before closing her eyes and trying to calm her thoughts. A futile attempt.

She jumped at the sound of the knock and glanced at the door at the sound of Raisa's voice. "Y-yes, I'm awake." She said just loud enough to be heard. "Is Ezra downstairs?" She asked, only curious if the man had gotten up and around or if she had time to try to slip out of the front door.

@CycloneKira:

posted in knuffle ~<3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/22 01:08:41 )
@CycloneKira: ((bump ~<3))

Voltie — She/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/03/30 19:53:06 )
Happy to hear the young girl's voice, Raisa opened the door with a sunny smile on her face. "Good morning, Miss Maddie," she greeted her, and then answered her question. "Master Ezra is downstairs, yes. Whether he is fully awake or not depends on whether he's already down half the coffee pot." She chuckled good naturedly. "Would you like to join us for breakfast? We have eggs and bagels and I've got batter to make fresh pancakes if you'd like some."

In the dining room, Ezra was slowly regaining his senses, enough to properly assess what was going on around him. He looked in the direction of the hallway from which Raisa and Maddie would appear, wondering if Maddie would join him for breakfast.

@xnovax:
"Leonard Snart":
There are only four rules you have to remember: Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

It's not over yet.
There's a lot to look forward to.
Keep going.
You can do this :)

Voltie Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/05/15 20:34:02 )
@CycloneKira:

Maddie smiled lightly as the woman entered the room. "Please, just Maddie, Raisa." She said softly. 'Miss' made her feel important, and she wasn't. She wasn't living here.. hell, her and Ezra weren't even friends. He was just someone who happened along and offered her a roof over her head. She'd be leaving before long, knowing she couldn't stay here.

"I can't remember the last time I had pancakes." She said softly as she slowly stood. "I'll join you, and Ezra." She said softly.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.