Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Heartfelt Roses

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 01:24:14 )
@CycloneKira:

Allen listened tentively as Adira spoke, asking when her and her friends could come by and if tomorrow would be alright. "Tomorrow would be fine." He spoke calmly. "Would you like me to meet you here tomorrow evening?" He asked, since he'd need to show them the way to his house.

He was eager to have guests, yet a little nervous. He knew he couldn't rush them, and he himself needed to get some things so they could have a proper dinner anyway. He'd probably just order something and have it delieved before the girls got there. But he'd need to tidy up a little, to the best of his ability of course.

Voltie — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 08:15:21 )
After sharing a glance with her friends, and earning excited nods from them, Adira grinned, a cheerfulness coming back into her voice.

"Sure! We'll look forward to seeing you tomorrow, Mr Allen!"

Lillian scoffed. "Why do you call him that? I keep telling you, it's weird, he's about our age," she said.

"I'm going to be working for him," Adira argued, and then turned to Allen. "I don't know, I'll leave it up to you. How should I address you?"

@xnovax:

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/4 22:20:12 )
@CycloneKira:

Allen chuckled softly, hearing the girls. "In all honesty Miss Lilian, despite how I look I was raised by parents who lived in the past." Allen spoke with a small smile and turned his head in the direction of Adira. "It's hard to explain, but it's up to you on what to call me." He said calmly. "I don't really don't mind either way."

Voltie — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/7 11:06:20 )
Adira thought about his words for a moment, before deciding on an answer.

"I think I'd like to stick to Allen," she said. "But only if you just call me Adira. No 'Miss' or anything."

His statement about being raised by parents who lived in the past intrigued her. Were they the old-fashioned kind? Were they even still around? She found herself growing curious about him, little by little.

@xnovax:

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/16 01:18:08 )
@CycloneKira: just don't want it to get locked ^^'

Voltie — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/27 07:31:44 )
@xnovax: Bump if you'd like to continue this as well ^^

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/1 05:52:49 )
@CycloneKira: i honestly almost forgot about this one ^^''

---

Allen offered the young women a warm smile. "Very well, Adira." He said. "I will try my very best." He promised.

He'd wait for Adira and her friends to take their leave before heading back to his manor in the woods, to try and do enough cleaning up to make the old place seem like it had some life in it.

Voltie — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/7 19:54:55 )
The girls said their goodbyes to Allen and left, making their plans to make sure Adira was out on time and able to make it to the dinner without incurring her aunt's wrath. When Adira got home, she was relieved to find out that her aunt had fallen asleep early, presumably from another evening of drinking. Her cousins tended to retreat into their respective rooms to do their own thing whenever that happened, which meant she wouldn't run into them either.

Her night was to get busy from here on, in spite of the peace from her family members' temporary absence. She began to get the last of her clothes out one by one and fold them into neat stacks. Most of her things had already been moved to Lilly's room, with a few hastily stashed at Ella's when her aunt had happened to stumble along the path leading to Lilly's house. She picked up a final picture in a frame, gazing at it softly for a second before stowing it away in her bag. Her room was completely empty. And from now on, it would stay that way. She would crash at either Ella's or Lillian's place depending on where her aunt was, and move into Allen's home the day she started working for him.

The next day, on cue, the girls stood in the park, waiting for Allen.

@xnovax:

((Did a bit of backreading and thought about how difficult I want to make it for Allen to find out whose daughter she is, answer is yes XD))

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/13 02:53:42 )
@CycloneKira: lol, that's fine

It's doubtful he'll ever know unless her father shows up and goes after him, anyway xp

Also, your post on knuffle <3

---

Allen had little trouble in tidying up his near-ruined manor, with having lived there so long. The only place he didn't want his new apprentice was the west wing, where his master used to reside and the memories of his master, and his room that was nearly impossible to clean. His room was where he went after he'd taken his medicine for his eyes, and usually tore it apart if the pain was unbearable. Or if his hunger hit.

He usual caught small animals and took just enough to satisfy his hunger, but.. sometimes it wasn't enough. It also went hand in hand with the pain of his eyes. The more pain he was in, the more he fought with blood-lust.

By the time it was time to fetch Adira, his manor was as clean and organized as best as he could, and since he couldn't see.. that made it more difficult.

He was there at the park shortly after Adira and her friends, sitting at his usual bench and waiting, not having picked up on her scent or the others just yet.

Voltie — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/27 21:55:59 )
Anyone walking past the girls that night would have wondered what they were up to, with the way they were whispering conspiratorially to each other as they waited for Allen. Lillian offered stern tips on safety measures and how best to bolt in case anything went wrong. Ella offered words of encouragement, and strict instructions to Lillian to be on her best behaviour, apprehension aside. Adira repeatedly went through the list of her belongings and the location of each item in her head, while fearfully looking out for any sign of her aunt or cousins. The two minutes that it took for them to finally spot Allen sitting on his bench felt like two hours to her, so his presence was an overwhelming relief.

Lillian was the first one to spot him, and she alerted the other two, and they quietly made their way over to his bench.

"Hello, Allen," Adira greeted him. "The three of us are here." The other two also greeted him similarly, letting him hear their voices and confirm their presence in front of him.

@xnovax:
"Leonard Snart":
There are only four rules you have to remember: Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

It's not over yet.
There's a lot to look forward to.
Keep going.
You can do this :)

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/05/15 20:25:44 )
@CycloneKira: ~<3

Allen caught the faint, sweet smell of Adira and her friends, but her's was the one that stood out, as she neared him and he lifted his head lightly when she spoke. "Adira, Lillian, Ella." He greeted warmly. "Are you ready?" He asked softly. "I'm afraid it's a bit of a walk. Did your friends want to come as well?" He asked curiously, waiting for her answer before slowly standing.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.